Jack Monroe #46 Patreon Saint of waifs and strays.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is really interesting. I feel like youā€™ve just described me, @Flumps. And @TheDragonWithAFlagon. Iā€™ve just been diagnosed with a chronic illness (ulcerative colitis) and I have been more depressed than usual. So, so anxious and panicky with constant intrusive thoughts.
Any treatment yet? I had the quickest response with injectable steroids (despite all the warnings about them, they just made me feel invincible. And hungry on that first night), but once it's quietened down my bastarding immune system, the biologics keep it at bay rather than waiting for the full on crying and tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
someoneā€™s been browsing the online nylon wig shop...
At least it's not made out of kitten hair
Does she have a media contact at the Metro? Why would they print two stories about a nobody?
Honestly tempted to email the metro with a screenshot of those articles like
"Ok fess up, which one of you is the next Mrs J?!?! Blink twice if you need help!" *
She makes me so annoyed [Girl shaking hairbrush gif]

*(Joking obvs)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
With regard to the ā€œnot hugged enough as childrenā€ thing...

i wasnā€™t hugged as a child, Iā€™m not hugged now much, because I hate it. I wasnā€™t raised by terrible people; more two loving parents who respected my need for personal space and not being affectionate. I grew up to be a nurse; who regularly puts that absolute hatred of physical contact aside to comfort patients and their relatives. Not being hugged as a kid didnā€™t turn me into a terrible person, if anything it makes me more empathetic towards those who canā€™t tolerate it.

So it is utter bollocks and actually incredibly ableist since many children with ASD (my niece for example) absolutely hate cuddling and physical contact unless itā€™s specifically on their terms. Something miss my autism diagnosis doesnā€™t add up, should know!

anyway, thatā€™s my piece for the evening, I have a night shift starting imminently, please donā€™t give me too much to grunka through in the morning fraus, Iā€™ll need my beauty sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Going to spoiler my response back ā¤
I had wanted to say something about this before, as I find it really offensive the way she dangles suicide as if itā€™s up to everyone around to stop her from doing it. It diminishes the actual struggle that people have with intrusive thoughts, ideation etc. and also makes it seem like itā€™s an easily controllable entity, that wouldnā€™t happen if not for external forces. I feel extremely upset, for many reasons, when suicide is given a blame angle because itā€™s extremely damaging and hurtful to people who have lost loved ones. Itā€™s so poorly understood, and having a so-called mental health advocate using it as a stick to beat naysayers with is just disgusting. I noticed she attempted to insert herself into the Naya story, there had been some speculation online before she was found, and it felt like jack wanted to draw parallels if she possibly could. That coverage was awful anyway, but the speculation about suicide was particularly irresponsible. Iā€™m so sorry lovely Flumps that you struggle with these thoughts, and am hoping that you have a support system in place for when they get too much. Sorry if thatā€™s a bit waffly, but Iā€™m just saying I know exactly what you mean
This is what I have been mulling over but not finding the right way to say it. It's like an unreal veiled threat she frequently puts out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I had wanted to say something about this before, as I find it really offensive the way she dangles suicide as if itā€™s up to everyone around to stop her from doing it. It diminishes the actual struggle that people have with intrusive thoughts, ideation etc. and also makes it seem like itā€™s an easily controllable entity, that wouldnā€™t happen if not for external forces. I feel extremely upset, for many reasons, when suicide is given a blame angle because itā€™s extremely damaging and hurtful to people who have lost loved ones. Itā€™s so poorly understood, and having a so-called mental health advocate using it as a stick to beat naysayers with is just disgusting. I noticed she attempted to insert herself into the Naya story, there had been some speculation online before she was found, and it felt like jack wanted to draw parallels if she possibly could. That coverage was awful anyway, but the speculation about suicide was particularly irresponsible. Iā€™m so sorry lovely Flumps that you struggle with these thoughts, and am hoping that you have a support system in place for when they get too much. Sorry if thatā€™s a bit waffly, but Iā€™m just saying I know exactly what you mean
I agree with all of that, and would heart it more than once if I could. I am absolutely fine, I know that's an odd thing to say, given what I'm posting about, but I have had years of practice at managing this and strategies for dealing with it and people I can talk to when I need to. I have intrusive thoughts, but I also have many, many happy ones, and it's just a part of me that has to be managed and dealt with, I guess in the same way many people have to manage physical pain and conditions.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
You are so articulate. Without going into too much detail, as I struggle to talk about it, I've tried before. I'm so glad to have all of you to take my mind away from my niggling thoughts about it

• Heart
Reactions: 33
This is really interesting. I feel like youā€™ve just described me, @Flumps. And @TheDragonWithAFlagon. Iā€™ve just been diagnosed with a chronic illness (ulcerative colitis) and I have been much more depressed than usual. So, so anxious and panicky with constant intrusive thoughts. No energy or drive to do even the most basic of tasks.
Iā€™ve read a lot about the gut having a strong link to depression. Hugs to everyone I also have intrusive thoughts which last week and up to yesterday really were quite exhausting. Trying to throw the CF link at tattle was low but sheā€™s the lowest of the low so duck her right in the bruised eyeball

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Iā€™ve read a lot about the gut having a strong link to depression. Hugs to everyone I also have intrusive thoughts which last week and up to yesterday really were quite exhausting. Trying to throw the CF link at tattle was low but sheā€™s the lowest of the low so duck her right in the bruised eyeball
Aren't there some theories about part of the gut being a 'second brain' (NOT A SCIENTIST)? That certainly makes sense to me, as all strong emotion seems to have an affect on that part of the body, for me at any rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
12D3CC0E-8CC1-4F87-BB8F-BF7F5E05830B.jpeg
Donā€™t be silly! She doesnā€™t want to do any work, she wants a holiday, that will be retrospectively labelled anything but.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Is the post about having nothing in, another go at poverty cosplay or is it just that she keeps forgetting her lies? I've been one of "the poor" and I've always got food in, I never want to be in that position again. I've got tins of food everywhere and a freezer packed out. Speaking of which, no food in her 3 freezers? I also assume sb has gone back to his dad's
I have ā€œissuesā€ about food, means I have a freezer stuffed full, ditto fridge and cupboards full of tins. It makes me feel safe. Hang over from childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Fingers crossed she doesnā€™t come across a disabled highland cow on her travels sheā€™ll have it stuffed up her soft blue jumper and back over the border in a flash

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
I agree entirely with this, and the previous post you quoted. I've talked about this before, and sorry if it's like I'm going on about it, but I have regular thoughts of suicide. Less so when things are going well, but they sneak up on me even then. It's mostly just tiresome, like having an ongoing argument with someone who doesn't like me very much. I dropped a big milk carton and made a mess at the weekend, because my (probably arthritic) hands were hurting and I didn't want to accept I couldn't lift it and my first thought was 'God, you're just a useless c**t, why don't you kill yourself and then people won't have to put up with you any more'. It's like it's not me talking when it happens, and 'actual me' has to take over and tell that thought to duck off. I sort of assume that most people don't have that happen to them on the regular and over such small things. I don't know what it is that causes it, because though I have had a lot of tit in my life, I am sure there are plenty of people who have had far worse things happen to them and didn't end up with that voice in their head, that ever present option. What I'm trying to, poorly, articulate is it's not about the situations I've faced, not about specific events that have driven me to the point where I'd consider it, it's just that somehow, it's an option for me.

Sorry, I don't mean this to sound all 'woe is me' because I don't mean it like that and I am fine, not JM fine, proper fine, I suppose what I'm saying is that the same event could happen to two different people and one would have that option and one wouldn't, because it isn't how their brain works. I have a suspicion, though it's only from personal experience and talking to a few people, that those who do kill themselves (sorry, I don't know the right words to use here), might have the same switch flipped in their head as I have, for whatever reason that happens.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, like most things, but the couple of times I have ever come close in 20+ years of feeling like this were not a result of one particular event, it was a build up of things until what I can only describe as overwhelming tiredness took over, and really just a desire to rest and not have to keep fighting any more. I appreciate that's only personal experience though. I guess what I'm getting at is that had I done it, no event/person/situation would have been the cause, it would have been the way my head deals with things.

Sorry, that was long, and not very well written and I hope doesn't seem insensitive.

Oh thank goodness I'm not alone. That's my brain constantly, having to drag myself back into the present. And it's nearly always something small that triggers it, like your milk. Sodding tiring! Sympathies and solidarity with you x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Aren't there some theories about part of the gut being a 'second brain' (NOT A SCIENTIST)? That certainly makes sense to me, as all strong emotion seems to have an affect on that part of the body, for me at any rate.
yes my anxiety triggers IBS which led me to reading but I get immediately bored by things that might mean I have to give up cake šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Gah, it's the same old formula. Tell me how fabulous I look in these wigs, but also tell me I'm very thin and need to make sure I'm eating properly (let me put text on the selfie so people are aware I have no food, even though I said I did a big shop yesterday, and have also stated many times that because of my starving days pickpocketing on the streets of London for old Fagan, I hoard tins and jars of food by the bucketload.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.