Jack Monroe #46 Patreon Saint of waifs and strays.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And THE HUSKS! Those sodding corn-on-the-cob husks from the last episode of Hellscapes Live. I’ve got a barrowload of Withered Husks™️ kicking about here and no delicious recipe to grate them into 😢
maybe you could do something with them using the chicken that never went in the pasta 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
duck a duck (lips). So she’s over the kitten.
ETA: I’m going to wager a guess that she really regrets shaving her hair off.
I don't get why she shaved it off...she said it was falling out but I looked really thick and healthy so even if heavily shedding, it seemed all very dramatic

Reactions: 7
So, she's toodling off, solo to Edinburgh for a break. SB, having experienced the short life and death of the kitten isn't being taken away, what about massive cat? I'm blocked so I don't really know whats going on...

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
So, she's toodling off, solo to Edinburgh for a break. SB, having experienced the short life and death of the kitten isn't being taken away, what about massive cat? I'm blocked so I don't really know whats going on...
Exactly! Where is the small child and the big cat and (SORRY) the body of the tiny cat??

• Sad
Reactions: 21
All the main bits are on here for anyone blocked. You've missed nothing. If you log out of Twitter you'll be able to see her timeline.

Reactions: 15
She tweets in this really excited way, every night - whether it's Scotland, the kitten, David Walliams, it's the exact same style - this excited writing. She gets off on it - it's a turn-on for her, to have all these replies and interactions.

It really is her addiction. She craves it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I agree entirely with this, and the previous post you quoted. I've talked about this before, and sorry if it's like I'm going on about it, but I have regular thoughts of suicide. Less so when things are going well, but they sneak up on me even then. It's mostly just tiresome, like having an ongoing argument with someone who doesn't like me very much. I dropped a big milk carton and made a mess at the weekend, because my (probably arthritic) hands were hurting and I didn't want to accept I couldn't lift it and my first thought was 'God, you're just a useless c**t, why don't you kill yourself and then people won't have to put up with you any more'. It's like it's not me talking when it happens, and 'actual me' has to take over and tell that thought to duck off. I sort of assume that most people don't have that happen to them on the regular and over such small things. I don't know what it is that causes it, because though I have had a lot of tit in my life, I am sure there are plenty of people who have had far worse things happen to them and didn't end up with that voice in their head, that ever present option. What I'm trying to, poorly, articulate is it's not about the situations I've faced, not about specific events that have driven me to the point where I'd consider it, it's just that somehow, it's an option for me.

Sorry, I don't mean this to sound all 'woe is me' because I don't mean it like that and I am fine, not JM fine, proper fine, I suppose what I'm saying is that the same event could happen to two different people and one would have that option and one wouldn't, because it isn't how their brain works. I have a suspicion, though it's only from personal experience and talking to a few people, that those who do kill themselves (sorry, I don't know the right words to use here), might have the same switch flipped in their head as I have, for whatever reason that happens.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, like most things, but the couple of times I have ever come close in 20+ years of feeling like this were not a result of one particular event, it was a build up of things until what I can only describe as overwhelming tiredness took over, and really just a desire to rest and not have to keep fighting any more. I appreciate that's only personal experience though. I guess what I'm getting at is that had I done it, no event/person/situation would have been the cause, it would have been the way my head deals with things.

Sorry, that was long, and not very well written and I hope doesn't seem insensitive.
@Flumps I hear you ❤ There’s something about the way you post that just clicks with me. You do keep fighting though and although the option is there, you don’t listen to it. And the next time you get even the hint that you’re a useless c*nt, think of three things to counter that if you can. There’s nowt useless about a person that sees off a cancer scare ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The train fare from Southend to Edinburgh will cost a pretty penny too!
I hope you get a chance to visit the North East or Highlands. We went out for a drive (or “a run in the car” as we say) today and we were saying how lucky we are to have such beauty on our doorstep. Then it rained. But it was still bonnie 🥰
I'm well jel, the North East of Scotland is beautiful. Love the West Coast too but those midges are pure evil!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Ah she answered the husks one. Wrap stuff and bung in oven. 😂
Oh thank god for that, thank you for putting me out of my misery! That‘s a bit prescriptive for me though, I’m more of a freewheeling maverick in the kitchen so I’m going to use the husks in place of lasagne sheets in the horse-spunk lasagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.