Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ what a bleeping trumpet she is. "Depo-Provera injection to be precise" like it's a big gotcha. If I'd been whoever she's arguing with, I would have shot back with, "the Depo-Provera injection offers no protection against STDS, therefore a condom should have been used or you should have SHUT YOUR LEGS" for the simple joy of watching her concoct some story about her and SB's dad being FULLY TESTED or some bollocks.
I feel for many people who have unwittingly ended up in the supporting cast of 'Jack Monroe', but I feel for her son's father the most. He's stuck dealing with her nonsense until their child is into adulthood, at least.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
I agree with all this but just want to say that intention doesn’t always equal impact. Don’t want to go off on a big merail but I fully believe my mum did the best she could at the time with the best intentions. Her actions still had a massive impact on my MH. The same could well be true with Jack.

(Can’t believe I’m defending her ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️)
I agree, Jack comes across as someone who had a lot of material things and whose parents likely tried their best, but there is still something there for sure.

It also can be really hard to manage the needs of foster children vs bio children generally, and Big D has described taking the “most challenging” ones plus a lot of damage to the house so it does sound like it would genuinely have been a fraught environment for her.

This is absolutely not the foster children’s fault and it doesn’t excuse the vile language Jack has used about them, but I can see why she’d have struggled and I think of all the things she’s claimed, this is one of the few that is entirely valid.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I doubt Jack went without anything. Just wasn't the centre of attention all time.

She had her own room, enough clothes to sort them by colour, ballet lessons, karate lessons, holidays. Parents who cared enough to take her down to GOSH, at Jack's insistence, to get her birthmarks removed.

They probably tried, and failed, to install a sense of public service in to her. Big Dave comes across as pompous but I think he takes public service seriously.
I think Big Dave is the sort to take half an hour to walk down the high street because he knows everyone, gets invited to local events and had an active social life through various organisations he's involved with. The sort of life Jack wishes she has (and pretends to - maybe AA meetings give her a taste?), but doesn't realise takes effort to establish and maintain.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I've long thought that Jack resents her parents for fostering children and giving them a stable life.

It meant less attention and disposal income to be lavished on our Jackie and I bet she hated it. Not sure if that's what led to her being so needy and grabby or whether that's just who she is.

AR is a real person and not Jack. She was easy to find online as she's been in her local paper at least twice. Loads of personal info in the articles. She does, however, appear to be just as annoying as Jack so they probably have a lot in common.
Yeah, the main Jack stans I've noticed recently are:
  • AR (has a shadowy spider after her username) - conspiracy-minded, loves to suggest that Jack-sceptics are in it for the money, doxxes people and contacts employers
  • CC (username refers to a twisted brightly coloured flying insect) - Scottish, flirts awkwardly with Jack, rages at people then tells them to be kind when they ask her to stop
  • FV (Kentish academic) - nasty, sneering victim blamer. Loves to harass anyone asking Jack for progress updates or refunds, no matter how politely.
  • SH (username refers to him being a man and a dad) - Essex-based neckbeard. Creepy white knighting behaviour around younger women. Thinks he's amusing but isn't.

I don't think any of them are Jack socks (indeed, AR and FV both do Jack more harm than good), but I suspect that some of them may operate socks of their own.

Reactions: 47
I am willing to bet my left tit that Jack was not on any form of contraception when she became pregnant.
The odds of getting pregnant on a 99% effective form of contraception do seem rather remote but then all manner of things happen to Jack that simply don't happen to other people.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I wonder if Big Dave and possibly other family members were the type to say "well, Jack you can't have this thing, because we have to spend our money on the foster children"? Did she resent them entirely off her own bat or was she to some extent led towards it? She does have some odd ideas about what constitutes child abandonment, and there's that comment about 'knowing it's wrong to foist your children onto other people' when she's talking about getting childcare while you're at work.
I think it meant she was no longer the centre of attention. Poor Jack.

Reactions: 17
Yeah, the main Jack stans I've noticed recently are:
  • AR (has a shadowy spider after her username) - conspiracy-minded, loves to suggest that Jack-sceptics are in it for the money, doxxes people and contacts employers
  • CC (username refers to a twisted brightly coloured flying insect) - Scottish, flirts awkwardly with Jack, rages at people then tells them to be kind when they ask her to stop
  • FV (Kentish academic) - nasty, sneering victim blamer. Loves to harass anyone asking Jack for progress updates or refunds, no matter how politely.
  • SH (username refers to him being a man and a dad) - Essex-based neckbeard. Creepy white knighting behaviour around younger women. Thinks he's amusing but isn't.

I don't think any of them are Jack socks (indeed, AR and FV both do Jack more harm than good), but I suspect that some of them may operate socks of their own.
SH definitely wants to shag jack. Shame he raised that £200k for the life boats the legit way rather than using PayPal - then he might've been in with a chance

• Haha
Reactions: 38
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I agree, Jack comes across as someone who had a lot of material things and whose parents likely tried their best, but there is still something there for sure.

It also can be really hard to manage the needs of foster children vs bio children generally, and Big D has described taking the “most challenging” ones plus a lot of damage to the house so it does sound like it would genuinely have been a fraught environment for her.

This is absolutely not the foster children’s fault and it doesn’t excuse the vile language Jack has used about them, but I can see why she’d have struggled and I think of all the things she’s claimed, this is one of the few that is entirely valid.
Mr Beacon and I were talking about this last night as we are dealing with a narc situation in our extended family. It's nature and nurture innit - people are born with inherent personality traits due to their genetics and then upbringing affects how they manifest. Plenty of highly successful people have dark triad traits, but have had a life that has enabled them to learn to control them. Having narcissistic tendencies is useful if you want to be successful in the public eye and have to endlessly push yourself forwards, for example.

Reactions: 46
Mr Beacon and I were talking about this last night as we are dealing with a narc situation in our extended family. Its nature and nurture innit - people are born with inherent personality traits due to their genetics and then upbringing affects how they manifest. Plenty of highly successful people have dark triad traits, but have had a life that has enabled them to learn to control them. Having narcissistic tendencies is useful if you want to be successful in the public eye and have to endlessly push yourself forwards, for example.
Yep. Epigenetics is a fascinating subject.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Mr Beacon and I were talking about this last night as we are dealing with a narc situation in our extended family. Its nature and nurture innit - people are born with inherent personality traits due to their genetics and then upbringing affects how they manifest. Plenty of highly successful people have dark triad traits, but have had a life that has enabled them to learn to control them. Having narcissistic tendencies is useful if you want to be successful in the public eye and have to endlessly push yourself forwards, for example.
100%. It also explains for me the clashing with her brother, their different personalities meaning they probably experienced the same situation very differently.

Reactions: 27
I doubt Jack went without anything. Just wasn't the centre of attention all time.

She had her own room, enough clothes to sort them by colour, ballet lessons, karate lessons, holidays. Parents who cared enough to take her down to GOSH, at Jack's insistence, to get her birthmarks removed.

They probably tried, and failed, to install a sense of public service in to her. Big Dave comes across as pompous but I think he takes public service seriously.
The similarities between her and Markle's upbringing (and resultant adult behaviour) are astounding.

Reactions: 15
SH definitely wants to shag jack. Shame he raised that £200k for the life boats the legit way rather than using PayPal - then he might've been in with a chance
The more I think on it, the more I think she really would be better embracing the whole neckbeard's sweetheart thing and doing an Only Fans.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
In the spirit of her claiming to be Viv's best mate on her passing, I'm just waiting for her to start up about the Pope now

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I feel for many people who have unwittingly ended up in the supporting cast of 'Jack Monroe', but I feel for her son's father the most. He's stuck dealing with her nonsense until their child is into adulthood, at least.
I feel for SB the most. At least his dad got a ride out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.