Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll stop banging on about Guardian comments after this cos it’s OLD NEWS but this one did make me laugh. It’s EXACTLY like when she rips into a well meaning Twitter squig who’s actually on her side. Daft twit.

Also, “glossy magazines” could have had the breakup with PoPo fiancée story 🤭 but she is TOO PRIVATE to go “running to them with her ringlets finger” (but told all her blog readers about it).

65C168A0-A959-489A-85CF-AE4F0370EE0F.jpeg
2415498E-6093-4E93-B271-D07052E5C81A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
I firmly believe they would have accommodated a staggered return to full time work and given her only day shifts in the meantime.
But she was, by her own admission, unreliable, calling in with frequent "migraines".

View attachment 1842540
(Source: The Scotsman.
Note: I have sympathy for anybody who wakes up and genuinely cannot face the day at work. I have honestly been there. Broke down crying in the driveway and all. But: 1) if you lie to your employer what the hell are they supposed to do? 2) maybe, if the option is there, you need to try and sort yourself out. For your sake and your child's.
TLDR: keep chucking sickies, you could get chucked.)
Grunking from the past so not sure if it's been said but this is utter bull....I had a friend who worked with her, never liked her because her exit story was lies and according to her she was off with stress for months before it was finally resolved and she resigned so 🤷

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
In the spirit of her claiming to be Viv's best mate on her passing, I'm just waiting for her to start up about the Pope now
21 gun salute this eve round at her dad's? Or will she just bang herself on the head with a silver hammer/mallet as apparently somebody will have to? (Honest guv, this is what I read yesterday... Can't remember who it is who has to do it, but no reason for Jack not to take on the honour).

Eta: glad to hear VIP room door being left ajar this eve for us plebs as no way I am gonna be VIP before... Um... This time next year?! Thanks VIPs for your magnanimity. <3

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Speaking of Laurie I can say now that enough time has passed that I’ve seen her on Hay Festival 🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺 and she was as irritating as I can only imagine Jack would be 🤢
I thought you were talking about content for a second

• Haha
Reactions: 30
In the spirit of her claiming to be Viv's best mate on her passing, I'm just waiting for her to start up about the Pope now
Jack was the first Baptist invited to say Mass at St Peter’s. Sadly, she had a prior commitment she simply couldn’t rearrange.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Well I for one am shocked! I had no idea that George Michael had got all of those medals and a gong! *shakes head in awe and wonder*

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I’ll stop banging on about Guardian comments after this cos it’s OLD NEWS but this one did make me laugh. It’s EXACTLY like when she rips into a well meaning Twitter squig who’s actually on her side. Daft twit.

Also, “glossy magazines” could have had the breakup with PoPo fiancée story 🤭 but she is TOO PRIVATE to go “running to them with her ringlets finger” (but told all her blog readers about it).

View attachment 1842641View attachment 1842640
I can't begin to imagine why all Jack's partners dump her.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Mr Beacon and I were talking about this last night as we are dealing with a narc situation in our extended family. It's nature and nurture innit - people are born with inherent personality traits due to their genetics and then upbringing affects how they manifest. Plenty of highly successful people have dark triad traits, but have had a life that has enabled them to learn to control them. Having narcissistic tendencies is useful if you want to be successful in the public eye and have to endlessly push yourself forwards, for example.
My mum's a massive narc and I sometimes recognise her in myself and do everything to catch myself/apologize. Am trying to be v aware of it as a parent in particular.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I feel for SB the most. At least his dad got a ride out of it.
Ugh anyone would subject themselves to that with her is beyond me.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but she’s so terminally insufferable and has been from the earliest days of her blog that I find it absolutely unfathomable that at least six people CONFIRMED (3 fiancées, OH, her son’s Dad, girlfriend “Steph”) have been faced with her awfulness and willingly decided to get down and “darling, bit gauche” with Jack. Also, we’ve all seen the state of her hands/nails. 🤢

Literally, it is completely bewildering to me. Please, please don’t send explanationos though. Not sure I have a stout enough constitution for that. 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
I firmly believe they would have accommodated a staggered return to full time work and given her only day shifts in the meantime.
But she was, by her own admission, unreliable, calling in with frequent "migraines".

View attachment 1842540
(Source: The Scotsman.
Note: I have sympathy for anybody who wakes up and genuinely cannot face the day at work. I have honestly been there. Broke down crying in the driveway and all. But: 1) if you lie to your employer what the hell are they supposed to do? 2) maybe, if the option is there, you need to try and sort yourself out. For your sake and your child's.
TLDR: keep chucking sickies, you could get chucked.)
She hadn’t just come back though had she? SB was a few years old when she quit?

I’ve done FW requests, for others and myself. The one thing you have to remember is they need to be done in a timely fashion. You can’t just say ‘I want to be part time’ from next week, it can take a while to sort out.
being unreliable and having a poor sick record though does effect whether they will give you what you want, not officially, but it does.

She mentions moving to admin positions. I wonder if she was even qualified for them though.

Reactions: 37
Ugh anyone would subject themselves to that with her is beyond me.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but she’s so terminally insufferable and has been from the earliest days of her blog that I find it absolutely unfathomable that at least six people CONFIRMED (3 fiancées, OH, her son’s Dad, girlfriend “Steph”) have been faced with her awfulness and willingly decided to get down and “darling, bit gauche” with Jack. Also, we’ve all seen the state of her hands/nails. 🤢

Literally, it is completely bewildering to me. Please, please don’t send explanationos though. Not sure I have a stout enough constitution for that. 😂
Leggy I sort of understand because it sounds like it was all a whirlwind and basically as soon as her true colours would have come out Leggy got shot of her. OH to some extent the same depending on the exact timeline? The others baffle me though.

Reactions: 28
I agree with all this but just want to say that intention doesn’t always equal impact. Don’t want to go off on a big merail but I fully believe my mum did the best she could at the time with the best intentions. Her actions still had a massive impact on my MH. The same could well be true with Jack.

(Can’t believe I’m defending her ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️)
Yes, that is exactly so. Many comfortable, middle class homes can be emotionally cold places. I do feel sympathy for child Jack. If you are a sensitive child who needs a lot of reassurance, a household of needy foster children may not be the best place for you. And being made to feel guilty by being told implicitly or explicitly, that you should be thankful for what you have will drive these feelings underground so that they come out as passive aggressive (or plain aggressive) and narcissistic traits.

She may now be too far gone but some early therapy might have helped prevent this car crash.

ETA corrected typo plus others have made similar points more eloquently and that she is still an insufferable arsenal.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Nothing is ever her fault is it? Those guardian comment replies, these twitter tirades she goes on when someone brings up a legitimate issue around her 'work' or whatever - she seems absolutely incapable of recognising and taking responsibility. It is one of the things you learn as a grown up is to say yeah, sorry I messed up and here is what I am going to rectify XYZ - it seems absolutely exhausting the way she deals with these situations. Is this narc behaviour or something else?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
What’s going on with this purple thing? I look like a potato superhero ??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m still disappointed the world’s biggest football fan didn’t give us her hot take on Pele in an obit telling us all about how he helped her “crushingly low self esteem”, making her feel her truest “little” self in a football jersey, and calling him a plenipotentiary and/or describing him as pantothenic.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
She hadn’t just come back though had she? SB was a few years old when she quit?

I’ve done FW requests, for others and myself. The one thing you have to remember is they need to be done in a timely fashion. You can’t just say ‘I want to be part time’ from next week, it can take a while to sort out.
being unreliable and having a poor sick record though does effect whether they will give you what you want, not officially, but it does.

She mentions moving to admin positions. I wonder if she was even qualified for them though.
As far as I understand, he was about 19-20 months old when she quit? (Born late March, quit sometime November the following year).
No idea what kind of mat leave arrangement she had.
But you're right, if you include the time she knew she was pregnant that's a lot of time to have tried to sort something out with your employer... once again her timelines don't make a lot of sense.

And agree, it's an unpleasant truth, but when you are unpredictable as to whether you turn up - you end up in the "how can we get rid" pile.
In a job like the Fire Service, can imagine that's particularly true, because it's bleeping important to have enough staff!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.