Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t her mother work when she was young? She was a nurse wasn’t she. Was she never in childcare herself or is she bitter about that.

I know several women who had children in their early twenties, they’d all been to university as well. Not exactly a teenager is it. She’s so desperate to be special.

I imagine her flexible working request was total nonsense, like daytimes only or something. Something that would set a precedent and couldn’t be done.
I firmly believe they would have accommodated a staggered return to full time work and given her only day shifts in the meantime.
But she was, by her own admission, unreliable, calling in with frequent "migraines".

Screenshot_20220706-230855_2.jpg

(Source: The Scotsman.
Note: I have sympathy for anybody who wakes up and genuinely cannot face the day at work. I have honestly been there. Broke down crying in the driveway and all. But: 1) if you lie to your employer what the hell are they supposed to do? 2) maybe, if the option is there, you need to try and sort yourself out. For your sake and your child's.
TLDR: keep chucking sickies, you could get chucked.)

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think a while back someone previously mentioned that they would be interested in whether Big Dave’s impressive medal rack checks out.

I didn’t devote much time to it as - whilst it’s not impossible for someone occupying a role in a veterans’ organisation to be “bloating” his or her awards - it’s unlikely. But Jackie has gone quiet so here we are.

Many Walter Mittys/bloaters get caught out by the medals they wear, and how they wear them. There’s a prescribed “Order of Wear” and wearing medals in a manner inconsistent with that Order of Wear is usually a tell that the wearer might not be all they are claiming to be. It can be found here:

I’ll be looking at the medals in this picture, left to right, leaving the medal at the top (with the blue and white ribbon) until the end:

View attachment 1842286

1) Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). I think we all know this is legit as he was pictured being awarded it by Liz (RIP), but for interest it is confirmed in the London Gazette of 16 June 2007 (this is the only one of Big Dave’s medals which would be verifiable as being “Gazetted”):

View attachment 1842299

2) South Atlantic Medal, with Rosette. For service in the South Atlantic during the Falklands War. The Rosette indicates that he served in the combat zone. Award of this campaign medal isn’t Gazetted, so not possible to independently verify. But, the Royal Artillery were involved and the timing checks out.

3) General Service Medal (GSM) with single clasp. Clasps indicate which campaigns it was awarded for. I assume Dave’s single clasp is for Northern Ireland which again all checks out.

4) Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal. Awarded to active personnel in the British Armed Forces and Emergency Personnel who had completed 5 years of qualifying service. No issues.

5) Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Eligibility effectively the same as 4). No issues.

6) Fire and Rescue Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Awarded for 20 years of good behaviour in the fire service effectively.

1-6 are all consistent with the service that has been attributed to him, and the Order of Wear is correct.

Turning to the medal with the blue and white ribbon, this puzzles me, because:

- If an official UK award/decoration, it appears to be worn incorrectly (it should be part of the “rack”, positioned according to Order of Wear).

- I cannot identify it at all as an official UK award/decoration.

It could be a “commemorative” medal i.e. not official, effectively “bought off eBay”, but then it’s very surprising for someone with Big Dave’s standing to:

(a) Wear it at all - the official medals which he has been awarded speak for themselves as a demonstration of long and committed service.
(b) Wear it on his left (the right breast would be more appropriate for commemorative medals).
(c) Wear it in a manner which is very disrespectful to HM the Queen (overlapping her Jubilee medals).

If any other “military round the edges” fraus can 🔺 that medal then please share.
Is it normal to iron your blazer and leave creases down the sleeves?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Wow, I didn’t check tattle for a while since Monday evening. Saw yesterday that Viv had died (RIP for real) and immediately rushed over here to see what Jack had been up to. Imagine my delight when I had almost 3 whole threads to grunk!! I feel like I’ve aged twenty years in the time it’s taken me to catch up. There is far too much for me to comment on, but here are some of my highlights:

- the mysterious new expensive neon sign that her sponsor discovered in the shed…but she can’t say who it’s from because the mice ate the label :ROFLMAO: ffs just say you got it for Christmas ya dork!!!
- The long thread about “please elon musk sir I have an epic idea for your website please sir” which she clearly thought was gonna go proper viral and end up with her being lauded as the inspiration for Twitter changing it’s blocking policy, ending up fizzling out with a handful of shares from the dopey dads and mad nans from comments club.
- using Viv’s passing as an excuse to humblebrag about her “small misshapen body” I love when she describes herself like she’s quasimodo despite being a completely average looking person. In the photos of her in grifty kitchen she looks particularly rosey-cheeked and healthy which really shows up how she tries to make herself look like a starving Victorian orphan in all her selfies.
- grifty kitchen looks somehow even worse than I’d imagined it. The random text colours and design choices make it look so amateurish, like something a child would put together for their school project. Not to mention all the actual dangerous advice like stabbing into a tin with a knife!!

There is probably more I’ve forgotten about. Thank you forensically and hilariously documenting it all. I’ve probably spammed quite a lot of you with laugh reacts on your posts. I’m so glad I found this little community and all of you clever funny people 💕

Oh and how fetching does my slug look in its little mask!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
I'm surprised Big Dave isn't on Twitter, seems like something that would be right up his street, giving opinions when noone asked for them. 🤔
He strikes me as a NextDoor user and one of those guys who sets up a community Facebook page and goes power mad, banning people left, right, and centre, and martyring himself massively.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Will the chat about Dave’s medals go on for much longer, does anyone know?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I wonder if Big Dave and possibly other family members were the type to say "well, Jack you can't have this thing, because we have to spend our money on the foster children"? Did she resent them entirely off her own bat or was she to some extent led towards it? She does have some odd ideas about what constitutes child abandonment, and there's that comment about 'knowing it's wrong to foist your children onto other people' when she's talking about getting childcare while you're at work.
My theory is her parents would have gone hard on the “Well you shouldn’t be upset over this, think how lucky you are compared to X” type comments. Which may well be true but is v minimising to an upset child even if the issue is minor and would fully explain the resentment and her need to make everything that happens Big and Elevenerife.

ETA: on foisting the children on someone else, her tale of being mistaken for their mum when she was young is also v telling for me - she probably resented being expected to take them out with her. Which isn’t that unusual for an older sibling in any situation in fairness, she’s just never grown out of it.

Reactions: 43
I missed this the first time I had a good trawl through her Guardian comments. It’s from 2013.

CCFCD5A1-3AA8-4EBB-93BB-5A389230BEA8.jpeg

Add what form of contraception she used to the list of “things I know about Jack Monroe (because she’s told me) that I don’t know about any other “food professional”

Even her very earliest Guardian comments read like her tweets almost ten years later. Fame didn’t turn her into an insufferable prick, it just inflicted her insufferable prick-ness on a wider range of unsuspecting people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
My theory is her parents would have gone hard on the “Well you shouldn’t be upset over this, think how lucky you are compared to X” type comments. Which may well be true but is v minimising to an upset child even if the issue is minor and would fully explain the resentment.
Exactly this. I don’t have much empathy for adult Jack but child Jack clearly did have a tough time.

Reactions: 26
05A09674-E5FE-4F36-BAAE-2C35316DD96F.jpeg
To be fair to Big Dave, this is a pretty standard thing for proud ex servicemen/women on commemorative days
I agree; he earned his medals and his MBE - he is entitled to both wear and be proud of them. He does seem to be a tad show-offy in a pillar of the community kind of way ((big Linda Snell from The Archers energy) but frankly we do need and depend on people like that. So kudos (and a wry smile) to him.

i do know what Flashboof means though.

and finally, a ss of me in my NYE mask because it fits so perfectly 🤣. And a Happy New Year to you all!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I firmly believe they would have accommodated a staggered return to full time work and given her only day shifts in the meantime.
But she was, by her own admission, unreliable, calling in with frequent "migraines".

View attachment 1842540
Note: I have sympathy for anybody who wakes up and genuinely cannot face the day at work. I have honestly been there. Broke down crying in the driveway and all. But: 1) if you lie to your employer what the hell are they supposed to do? 2) maybe, if the option is there, you need to try and sort yourself out. For your sake and your child's.
6F12AC71-6371-4EE6-BC00-A10DAB371187.jpeg

Also if I “wanted a day off with depression” FFS. Mind you, I suppose if she can bounce back from “complete nervous breakdowns” in a matter of a couple of weeks, “Depression” lasting a day seems about right on the Jack’s bullshit hyperbolic mental health index.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I missed this the first time I had a good trawl through her Guardian comments. It’s from 2013.

View attachment 1842563

Add what form of contraception she used to the list of “things I know about Jack Monroe (because she’s told me) that I don’t know about any other “food professional”

Even her very earliest Guardian comments read like her tweets almost ten years later. Fame didn’t turn her into an insufferable prick, it just inflicted her insufferable prick-ness on a wider range of unsuspecting people.
Of course Jack, the lesbianest lesbian who ever lesbianed, was on Depo. :unsure: :sleep:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I wonder if Big Dave and possibly other family members were the type to say "well, Jack you can't have this thing, because we have to spend our money on the foster children"? Did she resent them entirely off her own bat or was she to some extent led towards it? She does have some odd ideas about what constitutes child abandonment, and there's that comment about 'knowing it's wrong to foist your children onto other people' when she's talking about getting childcare while you're at work.
I doubt Jack went without anything. Just wasn't the centre of attention all time.

She had her own room, enough clothes to sort them by colour, ballet lessons, karate lessons, holidays. Parents who cared enough to take her down to GOSH, at Jack's insistence, to get her birthmarks removed.

They probably tried, and failed, to install a sense of public service in to her. Big Dave comes across as pompous but I think he takes public service seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

View attachment 1842540
It's an interesting use of language saying she "wanted" rather than "needed" a day off. I don't want to minimise mental health struggles at all as I have also been there at points in my life, but it's just another example of her entitled thinking.

Also for someone who endlessly howls about her poor mental health and apparent long battle with depression, she doesn't seem to engage much with sources of support and help, or flag support services and charities to her followers who might also be suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
View attachment 1842584

Also if I “wanted a day off with depression” FFS. Mind you, I suppose if she can bounce back from “complete nervous breakdowns” in a matter of a couple of weeks, “Depression” lasting a day seems about right on the Jack’s bullshit hyperbolic mental health index.
Mental Health Jack is 100% the worst Jack. She’s got no bloody idea.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 63

View attachment 1842563

I am willing to bet my left tit that Jack was not on any form of contraception when she became pregnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I doubt Jack went without anything. Just wasn't the centre of attention all time.

She had her own room, enough clothes to sort them by colour, ballet lessons, karate lessons, holidays. Parents who cared enough to take her down to GOSH, at Jack's insistence, to get her birthmarks removed.

They probably tried, and failed, to install a sense of public service in to her. Big Dave comes across as pompous but I think he takes public service seriously.
I agree with all this but just want to say that intention doesn’t always equal impact. Don’t want to go off on a big merail but I fully believe my mum did the best she could at the time with the best intentions. Her actions still had a massive impact on my MH. The same could well be true with Jack.

(Can’t believe I’m defending her ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 37

View attachment 1842563

Christ what a bleeping trumpet she is. "Depo-Provera injection to be precise" like it's a big gotcha. If I'd been whoever she's arguing with, I would have shot back with, "the Depo-Provera injection offers no protection against STDS, therefore a condom should have been used or you should have SHUT YOUR LEGS" for the simple joy of watching her concoct some story about her and SB's dad being FULLY TESTED or some bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.