Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just clicked what irritated me most about this Viv tweet. Self describing as 'little' again. šŸ™„
Screenshot_20221231-101125_Chrome.jpg

Jack, you are not small, little or cute. You are a grown mid thirties woman. And your body is not misshapen as well you know, it's an fairly unremarkable looking human body. Nothing of note or interest. You aren't special, and stop fishing for compliments you saddo. šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
Be that as it may, itā€™s mortifying combined with the emanating smugness.

To be fair, I find it all a bit ridiculous- but he seems to edge it up a notch.
Yeah, I get that, the family lineage does have a very smug attitude. Esp dear Jack. I'm sure Grandad Hadj. was the same.

Edit: I am loving the mask on my avi, it's making Jack look even more deranged

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm surprised Big Dave isn't on Twitter, seems like something that would be right up his street, giving opinions when noone asked for them. šŸ¤”

• Haha
Reactions: 41
About the dedication to her son in Grifty Kitchen - sorry cant find pic- it might read quite lovely if you weren't aware of how she's talked about him online for 10 years and how she continually weaponised him for the tin rattle. The mistake and the tipping point where she's gone OTT into toe-curl land as she always does, is that line about maybe this book will get us a forever home. See now you just sound mercenary luv. Everything I do, say, imply, I do it for wonga. Fixed that bit too.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Her Guardian comments make me want to throw stuff. Why is she such an insufferable prick? She has no idea how privileged she is to be able to have articles in a national when much more talented and educated people struggle through hard work and dedication to get there. She has not one ounce of what it means to work hard at something. Her downfall cannot come quick enough for me

Reactions: 58
Is that big lapel pin NATO as well?
Dunno not slept yet
Send šŸ˜“os

ETA it has on op bar so pretty sure it's NATO

View attachment 1842399
My husband is ex forces and has various medals (Iraq, Kosovo, millennium (everyone serving during 2000 got one) etc) but my husband never, ever wears them, not even on Remembrance Sunday. Itā€™s so braggy to do this.

What a peacock

Reactions: 55
Funny you should say thatā€¦
Itā€™s from the comments on this Guardian crap of hers in Oct 2013. She wades into the comments A LOT on that particular article.

View attachment 1841998View attachment 1841999

Hereā€™s the link to her profile. Even back then she was SOOOO unpleasantly RUDE. Every single comment of hers in the G is, rude, defensive, patronizing, combative, unprofessional. Nothingā€˜s really changed thenā€¦

šŸ˜‚ and a self-promoting insufferable-sounding little tit even before she was ā€œfamousā€
View attachment 1842416
Lol, yes Jack, having your son live with his father temporarily while you got back on your feet financially is definitely exactly the same as putting him in care šŸ™„ even after years of looking at Jackā€™s tactics for deflecting and twisting the narrative it always shocks me how blasĆ© sheā€™ll be in making what is really a sensible query seem repugnant with her overblown response.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I think a while back someone previously mentioned that they would be interested in whether Big Daveā€™s impressive medal rack checks out.

I didnā€™t devote much time to it as - whilst itā€™s not impossible for someone occupying a role in a veteransā€™ organisation to be ā€œbloatingā€ his or her awards - itā€™s unlikely. But Jackie has gone quiet so here we are.

Many Walter Mittys/bloaters get caught out by the medals they wear, and how they wear them. Thereā€™s a prescribed ā€œOrder of Wearā€ and wearing medals in a manner inconsistent with that Order of Wear is usually a tell that the wearer might not be all they are claiming to be. It can be found here:

Iā€™ll be looking at the medals in this picture, left to right, leaving the medal at the top (with the blue and white ribbon) until the end:

View attachment 1842286

1) Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). I think we all know this is legit as he was pictured being awarded it by Liz (RIP), but for interest it is confirmed in the London Gazette of 16 June 2007 (this is the only one of Big Daveā€™s medals which would be verifiable as being ā€œGazettedā€):

View attachment 1842299

2) South Atlantic Medal, with Rosette. For service in the South Atlantic during the Falklands War. The Rosette indicates that he served in the combat zone. Award of this campaign medal isnā€™t Gazetted, so not possible to independently verify. But, the Royal Artillery were involved and the timing checks out.

3) General Service Medal (GSM) with single clasp. Clasps indicate which campaigns it was awarded for. I assume Daveā€™s single clasp is for Northern Ireland which again all checks out.

4) Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal. Awarded to active personnel in the British Armed Forces and Emergency Personnel who had completed 5 years of qualifying service. No issues.

5) Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Eligibility effectively the same as 4). No issues.

6) Fire and Rescue Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Awarded for 20 years of good behaviour in the fire service effectively.

1-6 are all consistent with the service that has been attributed to him, and the Order of Wear is correct.

Turning to the medal with the blue and white ribbon, this puzzles me, because:

- If an official UK award/decoration, it appears to be worn incorrectly (it should be part of the ā€œrackā€, positioned according to Order of Wear).

- I cannot identify it at all as an official UK award/decoration.

It could be a ā€œcommemorativeā€ medal i.e. not official, effectively ā€œbought off eBayā€, but then itā€™s very surprising for someone with Big Daveā€™s standing to:

(a) Wear it at all - the official medals which he has been awarded speak for themselves as a demonstration of long and committed service.
(b) Wear it on his left (the right breast would be more appropriate for commemorative medals).
(c) Wear it in a manner which is very disrespectful to HM the Queen (overlapping her Jubilee medals).

If any other ā€œmilitary round the edgesā€ fraus can šŸ”ŗ that medal then please share.
Military around the edges šŸ”ŗ no idea what the medal above the others is, poss civil service medal. Is positioned above because not awarded in service. The puzzler is the two gold embroidery pieces on either sleeve; seem to be in the wrong place for a blazer and not a recognisable insignia. Any better pics appreciated. Sorry if garbled, am relaying info. (Feel like something from ā€˜Allo, ā€˜Allo)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Military around the edges šŸ”ŗ no idea what the medal above the others is, poss civil service medal. Is positioned above because not awarded in service. The puzzler is the two gold embroidery pieces on either sleeve; seem to be in the wrong place for a blazer and not a recognisable insignia. Any better pics appreciated. Sorry if garbled, am relaying info. (Feel like something from ā€˜Allo, ā€˜Allo)
Let me ask my husbandā€¦.

Reactions: 21
Lol, yes Jack, having your son live with his father temporarily while you got back on your feet financially is definitely exactly the same as putting him in care šŸ™„ even after years of looking at Jackā€™s tactics for deflecting and twisting the narrative it always shocks me how blasĆ© sheā€™ll be in making what is really a sensible query seem repugnant with her overblown response.
He's his parent. It's called parenting, not putting him in care! God! I can't even...
PS: not ranting at you dear heart, ranting at the car crash that is Jackie

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Her Guardian comments make me want to throw stuff. Why is she such an insufferable prick? She has no idea how privileged she is to be able to have articles in a national when much more talented and educated people struggle through hard work and dedication to get there. She has not one ounce of what it means to work hard at something. Her downfall cannot come quick enough for me
Yes, I was a bit bored a couple of days ago so I had a look at her Guardian comments too. My favourite was the one where she recommends Whole Foods as a good place to buy rabbit. So working class....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
How is a normal regular childcare the same as giving your son away ā€œinto careā€ wtf is she on about? Didnā€™t stop her from sending him to school though? head.

Reactions: 48
Asked my husband and heā€™s said;
Top one is UN peace keeping
Blue white and thin red is a Queens jubilee medal, same as the second from right one, thatā€™s another queens jubilee medal.
The purple one is a general service one- awarded for something like a tour of northern Ireland
2nd left is long service and good conduct
He thinks the cross one is a KCB one tho not sure (knights cross)
And he has no idea about the orange one

• Wow
Reactions: 44
The sad thing is, if Jack had followed through on all her promises over the years (recipes that are both affordable and edible, VBI etc etc etc), worked hard to actually help people, and used Twitter as a platform for good, rather than a dear diary/look at me me me having a meltdown combo - she might have been in the running for an honour.

Really makes you think...

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, ninnies! xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Just clicked what irritated me most about this Viv tweet. Self describing as 'little' again. šŸ™„
View attachment 1842403

Jack, you are not small, little or cute. You are a grown mid thirties woman. And your body is not misshapen as well you know, it's an fairly unremarkable looking human body. Nothing of note or interest. You aren't special, and stop fishing for compliments you saddo. šŸ™„
The "weird little misshapen body" thing deeply annoys me in the same way as those influencers who've co-opted the body positive movement and made it their whole identity while being a UK size 12 at the most. Disingenuous at best.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Blue white and thin red is a Queens jubilee medal, same as the second from right one, thatā€™s another queens jubilee medal.
The purple one is a general service one- awarded for something like a tour of northern Ireland
So heā€™s saying the KCB one might be something to do with flying, heā€™s only ever seen it once before

Reactions: 19
Thanks Mr Hoop. Does he know about the embroidery on the blazer by any chance?

Reactions: 14
I've long thought that Jack resents her parents for fostering children and giving them a stable life.

It meant less attention and disposal income to be lavished on our Jackie and I bet she hated it. Not sure if that's what led to her being so needy and grabby or whether that's just who she is.

AR is a real person and not Jack. She was easy to find online as she's been in her local paper at least twice. Loads of personal info in the articles. She does, however, appear to be just as annoying as Jack so they probably have a lot in common.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.