Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking to herself, truly fascinating behaviour

View attachment 1835480

Fascinating and disturbing
That sounds parasitic. Imagine demanding and accepting that level of care from someone who probably has a job and family of her own. And when she publicly talks about someone like this she's got form for it meaning she's grafting them like the 'best friend' she was softly gently falling in delicious love with who appeared to wisely run for the hills an was never mentioned again. Creepy.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I'll take one for the team. I'll buy it on credit card, photocopy it then return it as "not as described" for a full refund under Distance Selling regulations.

Will then forensically pick it apart. If it ends up on one of those well SEO'd sites full of ripped PDF books (that authors hate as it diverts sales revenues away), that's absolutely nothing to do with me.
Thanks for all that you do. To celebrate I've donated the RRP to The Hidden Gardens in Gllasgow which as well as being a beautiful free space to hang about in runs a mens mental health project and free cultural cookery class for local women who make very nice food from all over the world, not vile slops.

Screenshot 2022-12-28 14.37.43.png

• Heart
Reactions: 114

Have I entered the twilight realm? JACK MONROE is complaining about people using sock accounts?

• Haha
Reactions: 95
I think she spews out the old howl 'n' claw poverty cptsd routine in the intro to all her books. It's her selling point -'buy this because I had to claim benefits a decade ago and am so posh that what is a routine thing for many ordinary people has enraged me so much I've been screeching and flinging tit around like an irate chimpanzee ever since'. Honestly there are times when I think of throwing a Jack style tantrum to my family and friends about those times I had to sign on just to hoot at their bewildered reactions.
Every time I read one of Jenny's posts I am forever grateful she came back to this thread.

TOP TIER humour 10 out of 10 would recommend.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
If I had say 40+ screenshots I wanted to show y’all but didn’t want to clog up the timeline where would one store these for ease of viewing for everyone? Jack related obvs!

ETA: it’s some Grifty Kitchen… should an adult start a thread and I’ll throw them in there?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
If I had say 40+ screenshots I wanted to show y’all but didn’t want to clog up the timeline where would one store these for ease of viewing for everyone? Jack related obvs!
You could stick them behind spoilers to avoid doing a massive loooooooong post.

ETA: I've just seen the post above re Grifty Kitchen. It might be best on it'sown thread.

Reactions: 28
You can put them, say 10-12 at a time in a spoiler in a few different posts?

(For anyone unsure how to do spoilers, tap the three dots at the top of the window when you’re post-writing, and it’s Spoiler.

Inline spoiler right next to it is when you want to call Jack a massive grifting bleep and complete bleeping dipshit while being mindful of the sensibilities of your fellow thread dwellers. Leave a space before and after the inline spoiler)

D825997B-D5C5-49B6-B064-FF8747093535.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Just made some chilli jam that is out of this world. Possibly the best thing I've ever made, except maybe my child (50/50 on that one).

Had to share with my favourite mithering ninny fraus. Seriously... it's SO good. Might tweet Jack my recipe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Thanks for all that you do. To celebrate I've donated the RRP to The Hidden Gardens in Gllasgow which as well as being a beautiful free space to hang about in runs a mens mental health project and free cultural cookery class for local women who make very nice food from all over the world, not vile slops.

Fantastic Jenny Numbers ❤❤

And as I'm not a thief, scammer or otherwise titled wrongun like Jack Monroe, here's proof of purchase:

Screenshot_20221228-145320_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Transparency. It's a wonderfully freeing thing Jack. You should try it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Just made some chilli jam that is out of this world.
. Seriously... it's SO good. Might tweet Jack my recipe
Nah, just post it anywhere on the webs and Jack will appropriate it when she's not busy.

Eta it won't contain the same ingredients though, esp the unnecessary extra chillies

• Haha
Reactions: 43
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
LATE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ARE THE BEST! TOOT TOOT! 🎁🎄Shite the spoiler didn’t work and the pages are all over the place 🫣 am not technical Frau apologies! Pages are numbered though!
Hey, SB’s got eight friends. 👍

AA746117-A87D-4FAF-B476-F535A84A1385.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 88
LATE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ARE THE BEST! TOOT TOOT! 🎁🎄Shite the spoiler didn’t work and the pages are all over the place 🫣 am not technical Frau apologies! Pages are numbered though!
"This could be the book that lands us our forever home"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 131
AA traditions number 12:

Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.