Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That 'book' is so insulting, it assumes the recipient could afford things like frylight oil and all the other bollocks she reccomends.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I am getting really excited about this Guardian article, lads. Something is afoot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I am getting really excited about this Guardian article, lads. Something is afoot.
It’s really likely she’ll have to go all in and lie through her teeth… at the high point the DM and other press are gonna rip Guardian apart

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry not caught up (still got the kid) all I can think of is mighty boosh “eels up inside ya finding an entrance where they can.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
A mountain of pages behind so this might have been noted already but a woman (Monroe) who lies about everything complains incessantly that others lie about her. You couldn't make it up

Reactions: 39
'With a specific cloth'

and carabiners. I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing at this. On what actual planet?
Decent carabiners, particularly those made from something like stainless steel or aluminium, aren't cheap. Colanders are a pound or two. When I can't be bothered to use our colander (because it's a bit of an art to get it in our dishwasher) I just hold a plastic plate or pot against the saucepan to drain pasta or whatever. Leaving a tiny water gap. Do bluebird want me to type it up? Also sometimes I put cling film over pots of food we won't finish tonight and have it as something called leftovers in the future. I'm guessing nobody else has ever tried that. Another for my book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
It looks like one of my FIL (who is DEAD) self published books. Awful typeface, terrible photos, lack of editing. I fear this will not get Jack their forever home unless it’s already bought and this is the excuse.
I wonder if they cut their losses - told her they’d let her keep all the cashos profit if published on a self editorial accept liability basis - spun it as her being executive editor, didn’t bother doing legal on the health and safety and palmed her off on the Poundland literary agent … I can’t help worry is the new agent simple or bullied into taking her on?

Reactions: 26
Don’t you need Wi-Fi for ring doorbells or CCTV? My sister monitors hers by phone but it’s reliant on Wi-Fi unless Jack has a heckin big computer set up like a Hollywood thriller.
Funny you should say that…
Featuring: Jack Monroe and the Giant Dry Ice Emitting Eucalyptus Filled Attaché Case.

I’m sure there’s one in there
59322230-291E-4AEE-8812-D1A07468A817.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
…Grifty Kitchen cont
Shuggsy B, I can’t thank you enough for finding this all!

I don’t know if I’m being nit-picky, but the way she’s shown these lists has really annoyed me.

Jack claims to be neurodiverse (only when she’s using it as an excuse). But I really am neurodiverse, so adhd and dyslexia makes these lists SO hard to read! I mean, I can read them, but at first glance it’s all a blur. There is no good reason for it to be formatted this way.

79F70F53-F26C-4760-BB97-985BF781C408.jpeg

FF97AFAE-3F01-43DA-900D-31BF232EE4C5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Don’t you need Wi-Fi for ring doorbells or CCTV? My sister monitors hers by phone but it’s reliant on Wi-Fi unless Jack has a heckin big computer set up like a Hollywood thriller.
I'm now imagining Jack with a panic room complete with a bank of cctv cameras and computers.

But yes, I think you do need wifi for most CCTV now. I've got a camera on a weak spot in our home. I monitor it through an app and get movement notifications too.

Reactions: 17
I wonder if they cut their losses - told her they’d let her keep all the cashos profit if published on a self editorial accept liability basis - spun it as her being executive editor, didn’t bother doing legal on the health and safety and palmed her off on the Poundland literary agent … I can’t help worry is the new agent simple or bullied into taking her on?
"I waived the copyright on my recipes"

1672271619868.png

1672271568925.png

1672271758322.png

1672271911028.png

🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Well I'm only halfway through this glorious chaos but a couple of things pop out...
I know we know it is bullshit, but just wanted to say there is no way on earth she's been applying for jobs.
I work in an 'employment adjacent ' field and I go to a lot of job fairs and recruitment days. There are thousands upon thousands of vacancies at the moment, especially in hospitality and care.
She lives in a tourist town with a gazillion bars and restaurants. We've just had Christmas which is basically the busiest time of year for hospitality. Everyone is desperate for staff. She could so easily have got a bar/waitress job that fitted around the one night a week she had her kid stay over.
As for the care industry, it is basically on its knees because of lack of staff retention and failure to recruit new staff. She could walk in to an agency and be at work at the weekend. There would be the dbs but people are so desperate for staff they would probably turn a blind eye until it went through.
Also, get to duck is anyone paying 77p a month on Patreon.
She is a horrible person, a fraudulent person and a liar.
She cannot be around alcohol!!! Even the thought of walking down the mince pie aisle in a grocery store, trying to find a booze free box of mince pies to take to her AA group was TOO MUCH.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.