Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now she's hopefully fucked off (until 4am-ish ❄) I've had a closer look at the Grifty Kitchen screenshots that were posted pre-chaos.

You've all already covered the unfettered insanity of the "tips" she's come out with and the laughably manipulative dedication ("this one will get us our Forever Home 🥺 now go and put another jumper on, mamapapa can't afford heating") so I SHAN'T talk about them.

A couple of the recipe photos looked a bit familiar, but I thought "Jack started writing this book three Prime Ministers ago. She'll have actually put some kind of effort in as opposed to recycling recipes that have already been published, won't she? ...Won't she?"

View attachment 1836887View attachment 1836889View attachment 1836891

Between the regurgitated recipes (which were utterly SHITE even the first time round), the groundbreaking tips such as "if you need a jar for something, use an empty jar that originally had something else in" and potentially lethal advice re: stabbing tins and gluing dishcloths, this is truly going to be a contender for the worst book she's ever produced. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad. Considering she had to go back to do edits for the better part of a year, what completely unpublishable state must it have been in before!?
It looks like one of my FIL (who is DEAD) self published books. Awful typeface, terrible photos, lack of editing. I fear this will not get Jack their forever home unless it’s already bought and this is the excuse.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Now she's hopefully fucked off (until 4am-ish ❄) I've had a closer look at the Grifty Kitchen screenshots that were posted pre-chaos.

You've all already covered the unfettered insanity of the "tips" she's come out with and the laughably manipulative dedication ("this one will get us our Forever Home 🥺 now go and put another jumper on, mamapapa can't afford heating") so I SHAN'T talk about them.

A couple of the recipe photos looked a bit familiar, but I thought "Jack started writing this book three Prime Ministers ago. She'll have actually put some kind of effort in as opposed to recycling recipes that have already been published, won't she? ...Won't she?"

View attachment 1836887View attachment 1836889View attachment 1836891

Between the regurgitated recipes (which were utterly SHITE even the first time round), the groundbreaking tips such as "if you need a jar for something, use an empty jar that originally had something else in" and potentially lethal advice re: stabbing tins and gluing dishcloths, this is truly going to be a contender for the worst book she's ever produced. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad. Considering she had to go back to do edits for the better part of a year, what completely unpublishable state must it have been in before!?
Doesn’t that just sum her up. What a bone idle bleep!

Reactions: 22
I see that she is still boasting about sneaking mushrooms into the food of a child with alleged sensory issues, bleep.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
"And now moving house"
Is the insinuation here that if it weren't for the bad people and the knowledge of where she lives she would not have had to move???
I am really confused. I thought she hated the crappy bungalow but we had the whole I'm going to be evicted why can't I stay if my new flat falls through and now this...
Make it make sense!?!? 🤯
And I thought it was because the rent was 286% of her income so she'd finally accepted she couldn't afford to stay there.

Classic Jack - multiple explanations for something, all of which contradict one another and can be swapped in and out to suit whatever argument she's trying to win at any given time.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1836858
I know lots is going on, but I've been ruminating on this for hours now. Egg rings (which tbh I didn't really know were a thing up until now) appear to be all of £2 from Asda, presuming you were desperate for roundy eggs.

And wouldn't a tin, sanded or no, scratch many pans to tit? Proper aneurysm territory for me here.
I've had my skint moments over the years but I can't say I've ever stood in my kitchen and uttered the words "tit, no egg rings". Surely anyone in that situation would do what millions of people do every day and fry the egg without a ring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
You would think with her previous (alleged) experience of AA meetings and sponsors where she was a victim of misogyny and I think actual assault? That walking into a room where a bunch of people immediately start making comments about her body would be kind of awful, no?

• Sad
Reactions: 61
There's been so much tit today we'll be wading back through it for about 20 threads, cheers Jack. I've said it before but I swear that the 'lodger' storyline was a complete fabrication to lend itself to her 'feeding 2 adults and a growing boy' shite for the books. Only feeding yourself, with a child part-time during the week isn't really a selling point.
Didn’t a pastry pie embossed “bro” lead to belief the lodger was actually her brother sent there during a particularly cold snowy ❄ patch to help ensure she didn’t slip over

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1836858
I know lots is going on, but I've been ruminating on this for hours now. Egg rings (which tbh I didn't really know were a thing up until now) appear to be all of £2 from Asda, presuming you were desperate for roundy eggs.

And wouldn't a tin, sanded or no, scratch many pans to tit? Proper aneurysm territory for me here.
Why would she have people sanding down metal tins?! Bits of metal dust will end up in the egg white, how is this safe?!
Why if on the bones of your arse would you head to B&Q for sandpaper because having round eggs were a priority?!

What bleeping planet does the publisher live on to think this is ok?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Can opener? Can't I just use a big knife?
Jokes aside food cans are for storage not cooking, this is actively dangerous advice. Can insides are coated in a lacquer or epoxy/phenolic resin which is NOT suitable for cooking. LJC this is a lawsuit waiting to happen🤦‍♂️

I believe that's the Tiffany pendant dear heart, has she replaced the chain?
It's the chain that confused me - the tiffany one doesn't look like the one on Pesky Blinders necklace

Reactions: 24
I've had my skint moments over the years but I can't say I've ever stood in my kitchen and uttered the words "tit, no egg rings". Surely anyone in that situation would do what millions of people do every day and fry the egg without a ring.
Exactly!! The fact thats in there as a ‘tip’ shows just how much she’s scraping the barrel. Amazing that this tit got published. It’s surely her last though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I've found a pic of Jack's non-consenual boobs

061.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
View attachment 1836858

Not to mention that a lot of households, poor or rich, don't have sandpaper on hand.

I'm currently sitting in the Exchange and Returns section of IKEA (send patience-os) and I have to say that most of the porkies I'm overhearing about how the purchase got that way are more credible than Jack's fabrications.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
You would think with her previous (alleged) experience of AA meetings and sponsors where she was a victim of misogyny and I think actual assault? That walking into a room where a bunch of people immediately start making comments about her body would be kind of awful, no?
This time they are all her friends. She makes them cakes.
🙁

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Exactly!! The fact thats in there as a ‘tip’ shows just how much she’s scraping the barrel. Amazing that this tit got published. It’s surely her last though.
It had better not be, I am hoping for the poverty memoir which promises to be the funniest thing ever written. Just chapter after chapter of Jack making wild tit up and throwing tantrums about Iain Duncan Smith.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It sounds like an unreasonable use of time and resources.

Reactions: 21
It had better not be, I am hoping for the poverty memoir which promises to be the funniest thing ever written. Just chapter after chapter of Jack making wild tit up and throwing tantrums about Iain Duncan Smith.
I think that one may be dead in the water, tender one x

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.