Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still having nightmares about the courgette cake I made of hers, that bread which isn't bread is very similar minus the sugar

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Yup. My mental health is on the floor at the moment. Worst it’s been for some time and I really don’t want to be here anymore. But I am still managing to parent and be there for my child and he has no idea how awful I’m feeling. My OH is not remotely supportive either. Jack doesn’t bleeping know she’s born. Nasty, selfish bleep.
Feel free to join in on Food and Drink thread if you want to vent Buttery Bri and anyone else who be around people who “get it”
not you, Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 50
LJC this has been the most incredible catch up I've ever had on a Jack thread. Chapeau to Shugsy B for posting the excerpts. I'm pretty much lost for words as to how incredibly bad the book is. As mentioned, the terrible multicolour layout is actually painful to read and not something I'd expect from an actual author especially one who claims to be neuro diverse. I can't believe how long she's spent producing this pile of inane and yet dangerous crap.

The Perky Bullshite picture is crazy. She has a very distinct body shape and that certainly aint it. What kind of AA meeting has 'oi oi' letches actively allowed to interact with supposedly vulnerable women in that way?

The screenshot from the parenting site (spoilered below). I'm 99.99% sure that the bit in boldisJack quoting the original/another poster, not a reference to SB. I don;t think there's a quote facility on that Neanderthal site so you have to C&P/bold remarks instead, It's notable that Jack's response was the usual pity-me tale of how Eve and Big Dave forced her to have treatment rather than the truth that she guilt tripped them into it.

mn.JPG

TLDR: Jack is still a bleep

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm now imagining Jack with a panic room complete with a bank of cctv cameras and computers.

But yes, I think you do need wifi for most CCTV now. I've got a camera on a weak spot in our home. I monitor it through an app and get movement notifications too.
Mate, I'd have a structural engineer in, never mind watching it through an app.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The flat cap and tartan trousers are giving me Chris Evans presenting TFI Friday vibes.

I didn’t realise an egg ring was a thing and now I’m lamenting the many years spent eating imperfectly shaped eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
So Jack was on good terms with Jay Rayner according to the first tweet
View attachment 1836488
Then it’s clear here that Jay un-tagged himself from the conversation (because his username is not highlighted) in the next tweet and this was when he removed his byline from the front of her new book

View attachment 1836490
You may be right dear heart but some accounts choose not to be taggable. Unless other people have tagged him recently that might be the case x

Reactions: 14
Ngl, I kind of like them, but that's because they remind me of the Bay City Rollers of my misspent girlhood.
You make a good point about the Bay City Rollers though. On Jack, I think it's the zip for me (and the fact they clearly don't fit her very well, based on the bunching). It's just not doing it for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If it’s at the level there’s a WhatsApp chat devoted to her lies, I suspect the chances of that are sadly pretty slim. All it will take is a kid catching a glimpse of a notification even if they don’t actively mention it to their kids.
It goes to show how many people she's annoyed in real life - or "the wild" in Jackspeak. There will be pockets of these people all over the place. Family adjacent, former colleagues, industry folks... You name it. I think Jack is white knuckling it, knowing that if those dots join up, she's finished in the media. That's why she can't stop looking here. It's a combination of being a Narc and surveillance of the exposure level she's currently at.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yup. My mental health is on the floor at the moment. Worst it’s been for some time and I really don’t want to be here anymore. But I am still managing to parent and be there for my child and he has no idea how awful I’m feeling. My OH is not remotely supportive either. Jack doesn’t bleeping know she’s born. Nasty, selfish bleep.

I don't know who you are outside of this, but as a frau we all love and appreciate you and I hope things get better x

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm EXHAUSTED after all this!!! Please Jacki can you not start chaosing til after 10 am? Thankyoukindly

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It goes to show how many people she's annoyed in real life - or "the wild" in Jackspeak. There will be pockets of these people all over the place. Family adjacent, former colleagues, industry folks... You name it. I think Jack is white knuckling it, knowing that if those dots join up, she's finished in the media. That's why she can't stop looking here. It's a combination of being a Narc and surveillance of the exposure level she's currently at.
Oh yeah, Jack totally brought it on herself and I don’t feel particularly sorry for her but my heart aches for SB.

He has to deal with his mum being an absolute laughing stock on top of all the lies that must be so confusing to him. He’ll have a recollection of his childhood and then he’ll read all her various stories that entirely contradict themselves and his own memory, he’ll read lies that make him look bad and all the other stuff she’s put out there that he should never have to see, and there’s a good chance he’ll be having things said to him by his peers about it all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The Perky Bullshite picture is crazy. She has a very distinct body shape and that certainly aint it. What kind of AA meeting has 'oi oi' letches actively allowed to interact with supposedly vulnerable women in that way?
Quite. If I walked into a room in a tight top and people in there thought it appropriate to shout out 'oi oi Perky' I'd think I'd wandered into some kind of 1970s Confessions of.... film. Its hideous. Why Jack thinks it amusing or appropriate is quite baffling (usual disclaimer: if true obviously).
But this is a woman in her mid thirties trying to cultivate a nickname so 🤷‍♀️

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
So, so sorry to hear this. I'm sure lots of us have been there and have come out stronger the other side. Eventually. Sometimes after ages.

Can you access help from GP or somewhere like Mind? Not a question made for an answer.

Also you could ask GP about the alternative prescriptions you can get. I once got sent to the gym. To avoid going again I found a different hobby where other people didn't stink of sweat. But some of those people were loving it. I often say that I won't get depressed again because I can't face sitting on a damp gym machine contemplating my life choices. But in reality if I get depressed again I'll ask for the next thing on the list that isn't sweaty. Painting (badly) or flower arranging (can that be done badly?) or volunteering at the food bank or something.

If you have an unsupportive OH that must be a real issue. Mine didn't fully understand it because their brain isn't wired the same way as mine, but listened and cared and did whatever they could to help and that was good enough for me.

• Heart
Am pages behind but please, please tell me she’s replied to this. You applied for jobs and what Jack? You’re the only person in the world who cannot get a job? Why? Tricksy as ever-that’s not a reply, it’s a ‘ssshh’.
And exactly this-make your patreon public & watch a lot of justified criticism melt away. Not showing it misleads people who have no idea how much you have & assume you actually have £0 in the bank as you claim. If one patreon pays 77p (doubtful), why not mention the others who all pay more-up to £44 a damn month?

Reactions: 28
Oh no. I've just realised we have TWO EGG RINGS. I'm so sorry ☹.
Donate one to your local foodbank ASAP, so that some unenlightened pov doesn't kill themselves following the directions in their handout copy of Grifty Kitchen.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.