Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is an aneurysm worthy book. All the more so as the only way she can hope to get decent returns from it is for mugs to buy it for food bank users. IMO. Which is insulting, and worse, apparently dangerous.
I'd feel quite offended if I went to a food bank and they gave me a book on "thifty tips" because that carries the implication that I am at the foodbank because I'm not "thrifty" enough and if only I followed these tips and hacks from this nice middle-class media personality I wouldn't be shaming everyone with my wasteful ways. If only I knew how to cook, and how to open tins, then I'd be rich and successful and not in need of help. It's not a problem of system or structure, it's that I foolishly spent some of my benefits on a collander instead of draining pasta through a blouse. You can feed a family of 5 on £2 a week you know. Or at least decent people can. You scrounger.

I know/hope that's not the intented message to those lucky foodbank users but it's how it's going to come across.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 121
Fgs picking and continuing fights on your professional work twitter feed is not professional at all. Why does she do it. She must love the drama and attention of it all. If you ignore people & dont take the bait they soon get bored and will probably move on to someone else. She really boils my beans.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Please please can someone do a tiktok parody channel of Jack's tit hacks where everything is more expensive and/or dangerous than the regular thing.
Save on your water bills by cooking with puddle water!
Use a drill to mash potatoes!
if you don't have any forks or cocktail sticks, use the back of a Tiffany earring to prick your jacket potato before baking

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I’ll never forget standing on a tuna can lid the dog had rustled out the bin with my bare foot I almost lost my best toes and my future only fans career. 🦶

ETA I’m not really on onlyfans selling foot fetish content but I could be… times is hard ninnies mind your business if you see me

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Has she forgotten to post the rest of the thread again?

ETA: Ah, no, she's deleted the original post and now seems to be trying it again...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I don’t have anywhere near all the stuff she lists as basic utensils but I do have a tin opener 🤷‍♀️
Also why does no one edit her stuff? Absolute word salad (bag pesto).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
This is botulism waiting to happen. Oil is one of the hardest things to fully clean off plastic. I'm as eco as it gets, but it's called single-use plastic for a reason. Not to mention the labelling issue.

Absolutely don't do this.
1000002568.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
The editors/publishers just let Jack write any old shite and don't even edit it, don't they?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
The editors/publishers just let Jack write any old shite and don't even edit it, don't they?
yes! it's hilarious. they even let her play dress ups with the cheap wig and utah mormon wife headscarf just to shut her up and keep her busy.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I reckon Rian Johnson is a Frau as Edward Nortons character in The Glass Onion movie has to be based on Jack :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Nine times out of ten it's Crunchy nut cornflakes with an unfashionable amount of sugar for breakfast?? What?? Since when? When have we ever seen this on Twitter, rather than the constant performative porridge/bircher/sludge/slop??
Firstly, that tit is expensive cereal, secondly it's never been on the shopping lists that I've seen.

This is the tit that will bring me out of my posting slumber!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
What a reactionary idiot
Just woke up from a big nap and even I can see we'd finally find out all of Jack's linked/signed in accounts 🤦‍♂️
She’s obviously just blocked someone on insta and it asked ‘do you want to block <this account> and all others it may invent or linked’ and it’s her new hot take. Even though insta have had it for yonks

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.