Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What site have the screen shots been taken from?
I tried searching her on Borrow Box to see if I could have a geg at it for free next week and it linked me to Apple Books and offered a free preview. I’m on my phone so it’s 51 pages sorry! Some clever-er Frau may be able to ss from a kindle or something? Send IT helpos! 🤣
ETA: I hope the poor soul who borrowed Vegan-ish over Xmas wasn’t too disappointed with the lack thereof!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
It is an aneurysm worthy book. All the more so as the only way she can hope to get decent returns from it is for mugs to buy it for food bank users. IMO. Which is insulting, and worse, apparently dangerous.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
So glad I’ve got duck all to do this afternoon blitzed house and de-christmassed this morning I knew there was a good reason for it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
there's a reason why tin openers were invented ffs
there's also a reason why NOBODY should ever be advised to sieve hot liquids through a poxy cloth and suspend it from some sort of hook LJC
ETA there's also a reason why NOBODY is ever advised to hack at an empty tin, file it down and use it as a bleeping egg ring
Oh my days, I need to go away for a bit o_O:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
of course no mention of the fact that when cooking pasta, you can just lift it straight out of the pan into whatever sauce you're making instead of draining and saving the pasta water. jack would much prefer her idiot readers risk giving themselves severe burns.
And also there's that clever method (which she has used) where you measure the cooking liquid carefully so it doesn't even need draining. Same for rice - two to one volumes of boiling water to rice, pinch of salt, pop a lid on, turn it right down, cook till the liquid is gone then just leave it to steam with the heat off. Perfect.

Reactions: 50
That mans microwave rice is the same no draining it’s the best fluffiest tastiest rice going and this is a hill I’m prepared to die on.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I can't get over the utter buffoonery of the tin can knife opener. How can any reputable publisher agree to publish such utter mithering shite? Disgraceful.

can-opener-trim1.gif

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
Did you feel a bit soiled after. Like your Amazon account was now a bit of a wrong un. 😢 Thank you for all that you do.
I did. But then I remembered I'll be sending it back for a full refund and leaving a bad review, so all isn't lost 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I can't get over the utter buffoonery of the tin can knife opener. How can any reputable publisher agree to publish such utter mithering shite? Disgraceful.

View attachment 1835696
They couldn't give a flying duck about the poor they claim to care for. The Trussell Trust really ought to be ashamed at distributing this and I encourage any foodbank user handed a copy to lob it back in their stupid faces.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
I love today so much already ❤
Doing this would give people a way of de-anonymising whistleblowers, people at risk of persecution, and anyone else who happens to use multiple accounts for legitimate reasons (professional vs personal, for instance). It's a really stupid idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Surprised that the ~forensic- research didn’t pick this up before taking the plunge with the tin can hack:

45308238-12C3-41CF-BA9E-A6A6AD8E4BF8.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.