Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Evening, fraus.

So - genuine question, while it’s relatively quiet here. Of those of you with significant others, do they know that you are a Tattler? Mine didn’t until yesterday. I’ve been on here since the whole Mother of Daughters / Alice drama, but I never disclosed what I was doing - just said I was on ‘a forum’ if he asked, and he never asked for details. Obviously my usage has upped because of covid and less work, but he always assumed I was whatsapping friends and I never corrected him. I was embarrassed about it, and didn’t want him to feel sorry for me? We moved to a new area about 18 months ago and apart from school mum friends, I don’t have any ‘good good’ friends near to me to ring up for a socially distanced meet up, and when I message best friends who live hours away, I don’t bore them with the plights of Jack Monroe 😂

Annnnnyway - I’ll get to the point, sorry. Yesterday was really grim, wasn’t it - the whole kitten thing was really upsetting - and I got myself wound up about it all (as lots of us did). I actually needed to talk about it, so I told him all about Jack Monroe (I’ve mentioned her before to him - about her rinsing beans 🤢) and he knows ‘she’s the one who sued Katie Hopkins’) but I told him everything else, showed him the pics on her twitter, showed him some of her posts when she visited here, told him all about the poverty pretense. And it felt really liberating just to talk to him about it! (I never thought he’d be bothered - and he kind of isn’t about the MOD stuff - who can blame him).

Once enlightened, and also ‘Why does she get away with it??’, he suggested that all of us on here ‘take her down’ 😂, that we tell all her followers on twitter the truth, direct them here so that they can see the truth.

I explained that it’s strictly against the rules, and that we’re not trolls - and we can’t do that sort of thing. Like at best we can hope someone comes and has a look out of curiosity. But most of her followers have taken some sort of weird devotion drug, right? He thought it was a shame we couldn’t go and infiltrate her thread with the truth. I said I didn’t want to get banned for breaking the rules! 😂 but, that it is frustrating when you do see a person talking sense on her page, and they get piled on by sycophants, and targeted in DMs, or deleted and blocked. The censorship of reasonable thought? And it’s not just her, it’s a lot of these fuckers rinsing people for money through false advertising.

Anyway, once I explained about Tattle and what it is - yes, critical discussion and a forum to share our thoughts on about the untruths and discrepancies, but also that it’s a lot of fun, and really supportive, and really kind, he was pleased that I had somewhere I had to go and chat with ‘mates’. I showed him some of my posts, and he was bemused (cos of the in jokes), but he liked my Jack’s Rap 😂 and list of stupid questions to her.

Anyway, it just felt really good to (a) talk to someone about her, cos it felt like too much yesterday, and (b) tell him about Tattle (he thinks the name is funny 😂)

Just genuinely wondering if, the ones here who have significant others, know that they tattle? And do you talk to them about the rollercoaster of Jackie when it gets too much?

ETA: Sorry if this question is annoying to people without a significant other. Really don’t want to offend ❤ Just ignore!
@Pocahontas, I'm rather new to Tattle. I work in social media and I get interested in influencer culture and fall down all sorts of rabbit holes on things like family blogging, studytube, the impact Instagram has on things like ED's. I've consumed a lot of content on commentary channels, but they only tend to talk about big influencers like Shane Dawson and I was often interested in the littler ones.

However, like Jack, a lot of influencers delete any negative comments, so if you want to see what people are thinking about person, you need to come to places like here. I came to look at someone else, but I noticed how many Jack threads there were and went rooting and got so mad! I did mention to a friend that I seen some batshit stuff on Jack via an 'influencer forum', but I worry people would see somewhere like this as nasty, trollish gossip places. However, I think it provides a space for influencers actually to be held accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Is that one of Jack‘s recipes? Sad little potato face 🥔

Definitely looks like the face of any vegetable going into any of JM's recipes, in fact it's probably the face most humans make when they are in the

unfortunate position of tasting one of her many unappetising dishes;)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Forgive my ignorance but are/were the blouses a typical choice for a MC woman in her 20s? Have never known someone of that demographic to dress like that

For all her attempts at poverty cosplay, her style rarely hits the mark

Also the bloody dresser. So much stuff. It’s just my daughter and I at home and we only have four of everything, more than enough. She doesn’t seem to have a lot of friends to entertain either. The visual chaos won’t be helping her mental health
Us working class wear tshirts and scruffy clothes because we are actually poor 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Good post @Pocahontas mr ogre already knows about here and has previously contributed here via me, talking to him about yesterday's events helped lots. I keep nagging him to join but he wouldn't be able to keep up with all the posts.

He has this to say tonight about Jack cosplaying at wc, that JM couldn't be further from working class even if she took a plane.

• Haha
@Pocahontas glad he took it well and is understanding. I think it’s important to get across what this website is like as it’s not what you’d typically expect from a ‘gossip site’, and it sounds like you did that. Also you sound so relieved, like this was your dirty little secret!

I currently don’t have a significant other but back when I was with my ex, I literally bumped into (well, walked right past) a woman whose dramas I followed online. I didn’t know she lived in the same town so was shocked and it must’ve shown because ex asked who she was. When I explained he did not understand at all 😂 Not sure if I’d tell a future partner about Tattle, I guess it’d depend on how I expected them to react

• Heart
I imagine SB was looked after obvs but maybe I’m the anti christ, there’s no way I’d take in such a sickly kitten would you? 🤭 I would be in a constant state of panic about his condition & his very probable / arguably impending death? There’s no way I’d take on her tit and have him die oh my watch, absolutely traumatising!
Yeah, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but I suppose if the dad has experience with cats it would make sense to drop them both off there at the same time. She's on Twitter now so we might find out 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but I suppose if the dad has experience with cats it would make sense to drop them both off there at the same time. She's on Twitter now so we might find out 😂
Yes a retweet and a happy birthday post so far. Lulling us into a false sense of security I fear!

I’m single and I don’t have any real life friends (Mr Krabs playing his violin) but my tweenager is with me when i’m hooting and fizzing away and I just say i’m on twitter because that sounds exciting to them as I won’t let them on it!

They’re all so internet savvy I fear I would be thought a troll too and it’s all so bizarre when you say it out loud, isn’t it? It’s like, nobody cares. But they should. Grr.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I've not told my husband I'm on tattle, just hasn't come up. He did catch me watching Jack on one of the letdown larders and I had to quickly explain I was watching because it was so bad so he didn't judge me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Evening, fraus.

So - genuine question, while it’s relatively quiet here. Of those of you with significant others, do they know that you are a Tattler? Mine didn’t until yesterday. I’ve been on here since the whole Mother of Daughters / Alice drama, but I never disclosed what I was doing - just said I was on ‘a forum’ if he asked, and he never asked for details. Obviously my usage has upped because of covid and less work, but he always assumed I was whatsapping friends and I never corrected him. I was embarrassed about it, and didn’t want him to feel sorry for me? We moved to a new area about 18 months ago and apart from school mum friends, I don’t have any ‘good good’ friends near to me to ring up for a socially distanced meet up, and when I message best friends who live hours away, I don’t bore them with the plights of Jack Monroe 😂

Annnnnyway - I’ll get to the point, sorry. Yesterday was really grim, wasn’t it - the whole kitten thing was really upsetting - and I got myself wound up about it all (as lots of us did). I actually needed to talk about it, so I told him all about Jack Monroe (I’ve mentioned her before to him - about her rinsing beans 🤢) and he knows ‘she’s the one who sued Katie Hopkins’) but I told him everything else, showed him the pics on her twitter, showed him some of her posts when she visited here, told him all about the poverty pretense. And it felt really liberating just to talk to him about it! (I never thought he’d be bothered - and he kind of isn’t about the MOD stuff - who can blame him).

Once enlightened, and also ‘Why does she get away with it??’, he suggested that all of us on here ‘take her down’ 😂, that we tell all her followers on twitter the truth, direct them here so that they can see the truth.

I explained that it’s strictly against the rules, and that we’re not trolls - and we can’t do that sort of thing. Like at best we can hope someone comes and has a look out of curiosity. But most of her followers have taken some sort of weird devotion drug, right? He thought it was a shame we couldn’t go and infiltrate her thread with the truth. I said I didn’t want to get banned for breaking the rules! 😂 but, that it is frustrating when you do see a person talking sense on her page, and they get piled on by sycophants, and targeted in DMs, or deleted and blocked. The censorship of reasonable thought? And it’s not just her, it’s a lot of these fuckers rinsing people for money through false advertising.

Anyway, once I explained about Tattle and what it is - yes, critical discussion and a forum to share our thoughts on about the untruths and discrepancies, but also that it’s a lot of fun, and really supportive, and really kind, he was pleased that I had somewhere I had to go and chat with ‘mates’. I showed him some of my posts, and he was bemused (cos of the in jokes), but he liked my Jack’s Rap 😂 and list of stupid questions to her.

Anyway, it just felt really good to (a) talk to someone about her, cos it felt like too much yesterday, and (b) tell him about Tattle (he thinks the name is funny 😂)

Just genuinely wondering if, the ones here who have significant others, know that they tattle? And do you talk to them about the rollercoaster of Jackie when it gets too much?

ETA: Sorry if this question is annoying to people without a significant other. Really don’t want to offend ❤ Just ignore!
I've told my OH I'm on a forum that holds "slebs" (?!) to account. He's not that interested but for God's sake, he's on a plastering forum and is always telling me about what goes on over there.

He's not a plasterer.

*insert some sort of shugging gif here*

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Fraus, I skipped most of 43 because the crowd funding for the kitten thing was giving me all the rage.
My thoughts, purely my opinion.

TRIGGER. CAT TALK.

She's made such a big deal about not putting the poor wee thing out of its misery but to be honest she hasn't put much, if at all, thought into how much the thing is going to cost going forward. Now she's unsure how to go back on her pronouncing anything but death for the little thing because she's going to lose interest really fast in paying out and caring for a very disabled animal.
I imagine it'll fade from pictures in the next few weeks as she figures out how to disregard it. Like everything else in her life that she makes big statements about.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I've not told my husband I'm on tattle, just hasn't come up. He did catch me watching Jack on one of the letdown larders and I had to quickly explain I was watching because it was so bad so he didn't judge me 😂
Yes when DKL was on I said I wanted to watch it as I needed cooking tips and he said you’re not even watching you’re on your phone! How I HOOTED.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Yes a retweet and a happy birthday post so far. Lulling us into a false sense of security I fear!

I’m single and I don’t have any real life friends (Mr Krabs playing his violin) but my tweenager is with me when i’m hooting and fizzing away and I just say i’m on twitter because that sounds exciting to them as I won’t let them on it!

They’re all so internet savvy I fear I would be thought a troll too and it’s all so bizarre when you say it out loud, isn’t it? It’s like, nobody cares. But they should. Grr.
I want to be your real life friend, you are so funny, eloquent and generally delightful I think anyone would be privileged to have you in their life

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I've told my OH I'm on a forum that holds "slebs" (?!) to account. He's not that interested but for God's sake, he's on a plastering forum and is always telling me about what goes on over there.

He's not a plasterer.

*insert some sort of shugging gif here*
A plastering forum? What does go on over there?

Cannot judge as I snoop on a swinging forum (I’m not a swinger) but it’s obviously been awfully quiet during lockdown:(

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I want to be your real life friend, you are so funny, eloquent and generally delightful I think anyone would be privileged to have you in their life
I second that ❤ You said that how I wanted to.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Aww. That’s proper lovely, thank you. You are all my friends. ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40
My husband thinks I shouldn’t waste my time here. He doesn’t get it at all.

I tried to explain why I was so upset about the kitten and he was all ‘why are you even giving this space in your brain?’

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Evening, fraus.

My husband referred to JM as my friend who rinses steak, the level of disgust and the look he got would have bleeping buried him 😅 she is not my friend. He thinks she's a bleeping nutjob. He also knows tattle keeps me out of trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.