Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr D knows I twit about on the internet talking crap and recipes and sometimes, when a programme requires a particular level of pisstaking, asks me to fire up Twitter to see what the funniest comments are.

He doesn't need to know more than that, has no particular interest and, in turn, I have no dealings with him talking tit on the internet about bands and music.
Mr Aquamarina also just knows I spend quite some time on an internet forum, talking about random stuff with other women. He has zero interest in this sort of thing himself. I tried to explain the JM thing and he showed no interest whatsoever. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
When she came here I was in midst of feeling sorry for her but I might have another read of thread 31 now from the perspective of her being a bleep
I just had another look, it's pretty bad.

My favourite quote was from @blurstoftimes "Don't talk to me like a head, mate. You've made a show of yourself." 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Sorry if this is off topic - just had an interesting chat with MrLF about class so i guess it ties into Jack?! Background - I am from a very middle class family. Mr LF -working class family. He now earns 4 times my salary, but the roots never change. The reason this came up? I bought some Toblerone ice creams from iceland and said 'don't these taste like being a kid on holiday?' He looked baffled. I was referring to giant Toblerones at airports - his holidays were butlins, haven etc - not that theres anything wrong with that!! So basically my point is, jack is not and has never been working class even if she was skint for a while, like I've been skint before, but that doesn't take away from my life experiences or family situation.
That's so funny. In Australia we don't do terms WC, MC, as much as UK, although the distinction is still around. There's a 1960s play called Away, by Michael Gow, and one of the lines between families from a stuffy middle class woman, "but they've only a tent" (to go on hols, not a caravan!) I come from a tent *and*caravan family, btw. In Aus, food is often our funniest distinction, like this. I have a friend who is very, very wealthy NOW, self made man, first class flights, Porsche etc. I could just about rustle up a cheap flight to Whoop Whoop at the moment. But when we lived together and I did loads of cooking, we'd have conversations like: him - wow how did you make white sauce just like the packet? Me - did your mother use yellow or green split peas for pea and ham soup? Him - what? How do I know what they put in a tin? Me - remember parents' dinner parties with scallops mornay served on shells? Him - we had mashed potato rolled in devon [processed meat slices]. And he ALWAYS slathers salt and pepper on food before he tastes it, to my utter disgust!!!!! Now, this is not me humble bragging. My parents are earthy, growing things, adventurous people. So am I and my brothers. We were feast or famine dependent on which adventure my father was choosing. Where am I going with this monologue: ah, it's the Toblerone. I loved that story! But serious question, why does UK worry about it so much? Does it trouble you that it is so?

Reactions: 22
But serious question, why does UK worry about it so much? Does it trouble you that it is so?
We have a massive problem here in the UK, and I know it will be the case in most other countries too, with class discrimination.
It troubles me very much. The divide that exists between wc and mc people from the moment they're conceived to their death (and beyond) is appalling, and only grows wider. It makes me absolutely sick that I live in a country which has such a huge disparity in standard of living, opportunity and basic humanity. Worse than that, the complete lack of interest, compassion or thought given to those trapped in the system they can never beat.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That's so funny. In Australia we don't do terms WC, MC, as much as UK, although the distinction is still around. There's a 1960s play called Away, by Michael Gow, and one of the lines between families from a stuffy middle class woman, "but they've only a tent" (to go on hols, not a caravan!) I come from a tent *and*caravan family, btw. In Aus, food is often our funniest distinction, like this. I have a friend who is very, very wealthy NOW, self made man, first class flights, Porsche etc. I could just about rustle up a cheap flight to Whoop Whoop at the moment. But when we lived together and I did loads of cooking, we'd have conversations like: him - wow how did you make white sauce just like the packet? Me - did your mother use yellow or green split peas for pea and ham soup? Him - what? How do I know what they put in a tin? Me - remember parents' dinner parties with scallops mornay served on shells? Him - we had mashed potato rolled in devon [processed meat slices]. And he ALWAYS slathers salt and pepper on food before he tastes it, to my utter disgust!!!!! Now, this is not me humble bragging. My parents are earthy, growing things, adventurous people. So am I and my brothers. We were feast or famine dependent on which adventure my father was choosing. Where am I going with this monologue: ah, it's the Toblerone. I loved that story! But serious question, why does UK worry about it so much? Does it trouble you that it is so?
We were the tent family, moved on to the tiny wooden caravan built by my grandfather, then at about age 14 to the giant second hand 15ft Vicount Ambassador.

I hope there's a new Lime Goss story soon, sick of seeing that smug smile on JM's face.

Reactions: 19
@grunkwe have racism, moneyism, disparity between rural areas and city facilities. At our worst, we are a selfish, mean country whose rich have made money from poor. I'm just not sure that we have the inherent cradle to grave never can change isms. I recognise, however, that my bubble is, indeed, a bubble

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Evening, fraus.

So - genuine question, while it’s relatively quiet here. Of those of you with significant others, do they know that you are a Tattler? Mine didn’t until yesterday. I’ve been on here since the whole Mother of Daughters / Alice drama, but I never disclosed what I was doing - just said I was on ‘a forum’ if he asked, and he never asked for details. Obviously my usage has upped because of covid and less work, but he always assumed I was whatsapping friends and I never corrected him. I was embarrassed about it, and didn’t want him to feel sorry for me? We moved to a new area about 18 months ago and apart from school mum friends, I don’t have any ‘good good’ friends near to me to ring up for a socially distanced meet up, and when I message best friends who live hours away, I don’t bore them with the plights of Jack Monroe 😂

Annnnnyway - I’ll get to the point, sorry. Yesterday was really grim, wasn’t it - the whole kitten thing was really upsetting - and I got myself wound up about it all (as lots of us did). I actually needed to talk about it, so I told him all about Jack Monroe (I’ve mentioned her before to him - about her rinsing beans 🤢) and he knows ‘she’s the one who sued Katie Hopkins’) but I told him everything else, showed him the pics on her twitter, showed him some of her posts when she visited here, told him all about the poverty pretense. And it felt really liberating just to talk to him about it! (I never thought he’d be bothered - and he kind of isn’t about the MOD stuff - who can blame him).

Once enlightened, and also ‘Why does she get away with it??’, he suggested that all of us on here ‘take her down’ 😂, that we tell all her followers on twitter the truth, direct them here so that they can see the truth.

I explained that it’s strictly against the rules, and that we’re not trolls - and we can’t do that sort of thing. Like at best we can hope someone comes and has a look out of curiosity. But most of her followers have taken some sort of weird devotion drug, right? He thought it was a shame we couldn’t go and infiltrate her thread with the truth. I said I didn’t want to get banned for breaking the rules! 😂 but, that it is frustrating when you do see a person talking sense on her page, and they get piled on by sycophants, and targeted in DMs, or deleted and blocked. The censorship of reasonable thought? And it’s not just her, it’s a lot of these fuckers rinsing people for money through false advertising.

Anyway, once I explained about Tattle and what it is - yes, critical discussion and a forum to share our thoughts on about the untruths and discrepancies, but also that it’s a lot of fun, and really supportive, and really kind, he was pleased that I had somewhere I had to go and chat with ‘mates’. I showed him some of my posts, and he was bemused (cos of the in jokes), but he liked my Jack’s Rap 😂 and list of stupid questions to her.

Anyway, it just felt really good to (a) talk to someone about her, cos it felt like too much yesterday, and (b) tell him about Tattle (he thinks the name is funny 😂)

Just genuinely wondering if, the ones here who have significant others, know that they tattle? And do you talk to them about the rollercoaster of Jackie when it gets too much?

ETA: Sorry if this question is annoying to people without a significant other. Really don’t want to offend ❤ Just ignore!
It's so funny - when it's been busy here and Jack has been at her worst it feels like I've had a full day. My husband came home from work recently and my first excited words were 'omg you won't believe it - Jack was on the thread'!
Cue extremely baffled face - 'Who the duck is Jack? What's a thread?' I had been so wrapped up in it it I'd forgotten he hadn't got a clue about any of it or who Jack is. I just say I'm on a 'Commentary forum' and as soon as I go into any sort of detail I can see his eyes glazing over. He isn't on any SM at all and has no interest whatsoever in celebs/influencers of any sort. I think he is bemused why I am so invested in a stranger's shenanigans but I call it an enquiring mind 😂
I used to be heavily involved with a forum for The Archers which could get very nasty (seriously) and he knows this is far more civilised.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm way up north, and it's totally different to anywhere down south too. We're always seen as being a bit on the feral side (slightly true) 😂 but I think overall we're a lot more genuinely diverse than a lot of people think.

The class in the UK is different though, but Jack is far more obsessed with it than your average bod. She also liked to go for the pantomine Victorian urchin approach to poverty, rather than explore any genuine issues such as the plight of the working poor, landlords not maintaining their property (I'd imagine literally too close to home, that one!) etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@crystaleyesd Of course Vonny LeClerc is in it *biggest bleeping eyeroll at that*, who would have thought her and JM in the same article?! I am by no means playing this down and believe them all. I have to say it makes me very sad as many many years ago in my first job I dealt with HKS Dad, and a more gracious and gentlemanly man you couldn’t meet ☹
Not too surprised about Vonny as they have both written for the same papers and the world of Scottish media isn't that big, so she's probably been in his company many times.

I've not heard anything against his brother either. And I can't help wondering what was behind the divorce.

Reactions: 5
My husband knows I’m on here. I originally came over middle of last year to follow some slimming world accounts that were bothering me and stayed for the MOD drama, and then obviously Jackie.
He’s noticed I’m on my phone more lately and asked me nervously (whoops) so I spent a whole dinner time telling him the ins and outs. He hadn’t a clue who JM was (he’s not on social media at all) but chipped in to say she sounds like a dick and left it at that.
Whenever I’m engrossed in my phone he’ll say ‘You on your forum?’ and that’s that.
He’s like me though and feels people should be held accountable if things don’t add up and especially if they are profiting from others, so it’s all good jere.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
My Husband knows nothing of Tattle , it’s my thing and he doesn’t give a hoot about social media wannabes and greedy influencers.
He knew of my Mumsnet membership and would occasionally ask what I was doing but he wasn’t interested ( bemused more like).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
No. But she'll maybe quote Britney Spears 'Toxic' song.
As she's aware that the massive song was written about Noel, by his ex Kathy Dennis. His private life's about to be exposed. If I haven't done so already- sorry good guy x
WHUUUUUUT?
I did not know that.
That's like finding out Brown Sugar was written about Diane Abbott 🤤🤤

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Mr LF works near either where Claudia lives or films (triangulation!!) And often sees her (and Hugh Dennis) in the local tesco express - she's apparently very beautiful and very smiley in real life and talks to the cashiers as if they are her friends. I want to dislike her cos she is mr LFs celeb crush but I just can't
I ❤ Claudia! Her jokes are right up my street and she does come across as so friendly. We were successful in the ballot for Strictly audience tickets in 2017 and she kept everyone entertained (it’s quite a long night) Tess on the other hand just posed and air kissed

• Heart
  • Wow
I've told my OH I'm on a forum that holds "slebs" (?!) to account. He's not that interested but for God's sake, he's on a plastering forum and is always telling me about what goes on over there.

He's not a plasterer.

*insert some sort of shugging gif here*
Ha that made me laugh !!! How on earth did he get involved in a plastering forum 😂😂😂😂 Anyway to answer @Pocahontas yes my husband does know I’m on here ... we’ve not discussed it to any great lengths... he just laughs and says “you on that Tattle again” and I just say yeah it’s hilarious. I told him all about Fopperholic last year and the liar that is Mrs Hinch and how fascinating this place is. I very nearly talked to him about JM coming here other week as well..... it all felt a bit weird and the levels of crazy with her were really quite worrying (still are of course) but i didn’t in the end. But I had had 2 days off work and been on here a lot !! he came home from work and asked “any news?” I was like “er, nah.....” cos where do you start !! He said to me other day about DW and JM cos it was all over Twitter I guess and I just said “yeah but she’s a bit mad that one” ........ i’d happily show him but he’s not really that interested. Then he’d probably wanna read all the time and I ain’t got time for that !! Also I have said a few personal things ... not sure I want him to read those might think me crazy for sharing with “strangers”. 🤷‍♀️

ETA: I’m not ashamed to being a Tattler. I consider it the one true place of honesty on the internet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m pleased Jack has taken a SM break over the last 24 hours. Hopefully she’s spoken to some real life friends about recent events.

Sometimes I wonder if she sees her followers as friends and doesn’t realize they’re either trying to egg her on for entertainment or sucking up to her for a”celebrity” reply.

• Heart
I envy you lot with your self control choosing not to bore your SO with this crap when you know they’re not interested. My BF and I seem to have a pact of mutual boredom where I will rant and rave about JM and he will in turn bore me to tears with his camping and caravaning forum (he’s a 40 something trapped in a 20 something’s body I’m sure).

I came over from another gossip forum for zoella/Alfie but other than the advent calendar and pound a day video managed to keep my rage to myself (have no interest in either of them now, too boring by half in comparison to JM).

With JM I just can’t keep the anger bottled up inside!

(NB he was asleep next to me, just opened one eye to see I’m on my phone “for fucks sake, what’s THAT WOMAN done now?!” 🤣)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
When you look back at her replies on that day, they range from chippy, but trying to be reasonable / passive aggressive (‘I actually have work to do’), then she tried to appeal to us all by using some of our in-jokes (‘your honour’, ‘nims’). When she realised the tide was never going to turn her way, she got rude (calling Harry entitled), aggressive (saying the above to Begborrow), and stubborn (Shan’t!). People here had had enough and just telling to go away, ffs - but she wouldn’t. She was on one.
I wonder if she regrets it?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She’s probably forgotten about it, so much drama since then.

I think I was on Mumsnet when she did something similar and people sucked up to her. The mods there are keen to avoid problems as they have a brand to protect.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.