Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THANK YOU! That tortilla is an abomination. Does she even know what a tortilla is? That was more like a frittata and it looked bloody awful. I just don't understand how serious foodies keep letting her get away with this crap? Like Nigella - seriously?

I came across her years ago and believed the whole backstory for a while. I tried the bean burgers she is famous for and they were just bland but they needed to be cheap so I thought fair enough. The only other dish of hers I tried was an awful pasta dish which went down in family history as literally the only dish that both my gannet children flat-out refused to eat. Then she kept claiming to have invented things like vegan bacon etc when that has been around for years.

In my opinion she is an utter fake and was exposed as such on DKL. I just have no idea how she keeps getting book deals and appearances - it is just bizarre. A case of the emporer's new clothes. Please someone explain to me why serious cooks let her get away with it?

Yeah, I tried the bean burgers when I was very much on my uppers and they were a bit plain but I jazzed them up. More of an inspiration than a direct copy.

I wonder if any of them have ever tried her recipes?! Or think it's OK for the plebs to eat that slop. It's noticeable that JO is not a fan and I adore his food, wonder if he's rumbled her but isn't the type to punch down?

Reactions: 14
I only went on insta to look up ptwm and this came up. I wish she would give trigger warnings.
baby wearing the bleeping kitten again. I'm pretty sure it's not contented. I'm still so angry about this.
804FE00D-2D9C-4479-B2CB-0B0237C0335E.jpeg

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Hahaha “I want your feedback” reminded me of a work email, I took it as a duty to watch. Not gonna lie skipped the chit chat, I’m a busy frau today 💅🏻

A long winded comparison to draw but hear me out: the tone of it is very Church choir isn’t it? Like the tone of her voice reminds me of the weird old mum from the Phelps family Louis Theroux profiled in America’s most hated fam singing her hymns?

this is 100% a cat food sachet no one can tell me otherwise. Mine would lick the jelly off and leave the rest.
did you enjoy the side glances to camera? Sorry I shouldn’t torture a pregnant woman 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm fighting my way through the pop up ads (for children's play apparatus for no reason that I know of as I have no children under the age of 30). I've been pondering about our little Jackie's behaviour and thinking back to previous posts about her being a young mum. I sort of understand that as I had my first child when I was 22 and had two more in the next two years. I went completely wild when I became a single person aged 32 and had more pricks than KerPlunk when my girls were at their Dad's house. Jack's behaviour now is desperate, she has no friends and her family are scared of her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
oh i loved that song (Marc Almond version) wasn't it late 80s? It came on the radio when i was at my grandparents' house once and my Grandad thought it was outrageous that is was being played because of the lyric 'cute in a stupid ass way'
🤣🤣
It was 91, but there's far more outrageous lyrics, even for 90's, so even more surprised that it was a hit for Scott Walker in 60's.
"Authentic queers and phoney virgins"
"My name would then be handsome Jack, and I'd sell boats of opium"

Just thought of a song about someone called Jackie, who is a fantasist made me laugh.

Marc's torchsongs are amazing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
For the life of me I cannot understand why so many people do not see thru her and the crap she spouts. My old boy says the last 10 years of her life has been an absolute farce, with 2020 being her complete downfall.

Going after JO, then DW I imagine has put her off any chance she had of a TV slot, or even now, any more books. After the disgrace of her kickstarter I imagine that is a no go area for her now.

Wish I could say I feel sorry for her, but nope, not a shred of sympathy.
Agreed. The initial platform should have become the springboard.. bootstrap gets famous for budget meals... Does TV show and showcases ability of said budget meals.. moves onto celeb MasterChef type stuff to prove ability amongst peers.

Sadly we get the ill thought out, passionless fodder with sycophants defending throughout .

Reactions: 18
I'm positive it's been said before but I'm sure R Jackie would spread herself on toast and eat it if she had the opportunity.

That tortilla is a) not a tortilla and b) looks drier than the sahara desert.

How does she manage to make food look so unappetising?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Coming clean fraus - I've made one JM recipe in my life and I actually quite enjoyed it. It was this one - https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/02/01/butterbean-cider-cassoulet-recipe/ - and it was before something clicked in my head with her. She had always irritated me but I couldn't put my finger on why, but just shrugged it off cos I'm a good woke lefty and knew she was the sort of person I was supposed to champion. Then when the JO thing happened, I dug deeper and the rest is history.

Anyway, the recipe was slop but it's quite a tasty slop for when it's cold and you can't be arsed making a proper stew. I tweaked it, though, because really didn't think the tomato should be there, and I used Aspalls cider - FANCY. I should also add that I didn't rinse any beans - repeat, I DID NOT RINSE ANY BEANS.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
SB must have been delighted he didn’t have to use his own pocket money for the scrappy bits of bacon! Does this crap looking dish really deserve a recipe? Is it literally chopped tomatoes with some frozen veg dumped in? She is so unimaginative with her cooking it makes me despair!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
C4111CD2-4266-40D5-B27B-36EE3F3AEE2D.jpeg

Use

Paragraphs

For

Fucks

Sake

Also ‘bermuda triangle headvoid’ 🤪

I wonder if he bought his own bacon, with an embellished tale of counting out pennies with fluff and buttons from a smashed money box or something.

Aaaaalso, another misuse of ‘out out’.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
SB must have been delighted he didn’t have to use his own pocket money for the scrappy bits of bacon! Does this crap looking dish really deserve a recipe? Is it literally chopped tomatoes with some frozen veg dumped in? She is so unimaginative with her cooking it makes me despair!
She's even managed to wash her hands (the hands with the baggy skin). Well done Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Exactly. It's so simple and she makes it sound ultra faffy.

My cheapo go to dinner for can't be arsed days when my kid was little - cous cous soaked in boiling water and stock (if I had it) mixed with fried onion, tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She says it 'won't last 3 days'
So you've got him for 3 days then Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I try not to comment on two things, her appearance, and SB. I’m now going to be a hypocrite and do both.

Her hair. We all know she hates it, that bit at the front looks like a spider on her head in that picture. Just lop it off with a bloody pizza cutter or whatever fake utensil of choice, it’s growing back so quickly and would look much better uniform, imo.

Seemed to be a little performative, the SB mention. See, he is here, I’ve even made him dinner even though i’m TIRED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Why is she still feeding him tit when she’s earning mega bucks?? For duck sake give the poor little sod some proper food!!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.