Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, just look at it. There can’t be a single person who looks at that and thinks “ooh I’ll give that a try”. Her cooking on DKR was beyond embarrassing.
It really was atrocious. Made all the more bittersweet by her tyrannical behaviour beforehand about JO stealing her thunder.
You’d think - this is a big chance for me to really show those daytime viewers how inventive I can be with leftovers. Some super exposure for my upcoming book.
And then this:
F7BD3B6B-6797-4168-8057-456CB7566B2A.jpeg

You couldn’t make it up, really 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes, just look at it. There can’t be a single person who looks at that and thinks “ooh I’ll give that a try”. Her cooking on DKR was beyond embarrassing.
I genuinely have not thought that about a single one of her recipes. Usually when I watch a cookery programme I feel ravenous and inspired. In Jack's case, neither. Just a bit embarrassed for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It really was atrocious. Made all the more bittersweet by her tyrannical behaviour beforehand about JO stealing her thunder.
You’d think - this is a big chance for me to really show those daytime viewers how inventive I can be with leftovers. Some super exposure for my upcoming book.
And then this:
View attachment 179655
That needs a spoiler 🤮

I genuinely have not thought that about a single one of her recipes. Usually when I watch a cookery programme I feel ravenous and inspired. In Jack's case, neither. Just a bit embarrassed for her.
It’s ok though it’s for poors

• Haha
Reactions: 34
And then this:
View attachment 179655
Was the story behind that basically not some huge waffle about her dads magic recipe followed by 'it came from a jar'??

• Haha
Reactions: 30
‘Lasagne’
complete with ‘béchamel sauce’.

983BFF55-776D-4E65-BABD-2800C90143B5.jpeg

Was the story behind that basically not some huge waffle about her dads magic recipe followed by 'it came from a jar'??
Yes, such a good story, wasn’t it.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
What the duck have I just watched?

Why does she sound like she's constantly on the verge of tears? Why so much talking? Why would ANYONE want to watch (put themselves through) this? Why does EVERYTHING have to be a Jack Pity Party?

I feel sullied. That should definitely have come with a warning. Where's that spoiler when you need it?!
It’s really quite sad because she honestly isn’t bothered what kind of attention she’s given. Most people only want positive attention but I honestly don’t think Jack is bothered whether people pity her or are angry with her as long as they’re engaging with her. It’s kind of sad that she doesn’t feel she can get it and maintain it in a positive way so just does absolutely anything whatsoever that will draw people to her regardless as to how either negative or insincerely positive their responses are.

Reactions: 23
And then this:
View attachment 179655

What on earth is that?!

R.e the singing. The singing itself isn't horrendous (I've heard far worse), but yeah, I wouldn't be taking it to XFactor or BGT. But what's really bad is the endless pre-amble, it's so cringy.

Btw, the algorithm served me up this today. What is Jack doing on THAT MAN's YouTube?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Thread suggestion

Jack Monroe #45 - Get your purse out, make a bet, will Jack appear on Supervet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
What on earth is that?!

R.e the singing. The singing itself isn't horrendous (I've heard far worse), but yeah, I wouldn't be taking it to XFactor or BGT. But what's really bad is the endless pre-amble, it's so cringy.

Btw, the algorithm served me up this today. What is Jack doing on THAT MAN's YouTube?

She lacks charisma

• Haha
Reactions: 17
No offence but I thought that lasagne was pie that had been over cooked.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can't get the Jacques Brel song "Jackie" out of my head. It is about a fantasist who dreams about being "cute, in a stupid-ass way". Remind you of anyone? Cover by my favourite Marc Almond is well worth a listen, the Scott Walker version is good too, very risqué for the 60's.

"And if one day I should become, a singer with a Spanish bum, who sings for women of great virtue".....not with a voice like hers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I’ve got a vague memory that ages ago Nigella used to post photos of food that looked less than appetising, but you just knew that they would taste delicious because it was Nigella. Tbf I’ve sometimes taken pics of my own tea to show someone (🙈) then decided against it because it just looked minging. Cooking and food styling is a definite art! Luckily I’m not trying to sell a cookbook 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What on earth is that?!

What a wasted opportunity. From a decent looking start in 2014, how has she regressed rather than developed? Arrogance? Laziness? Entitlement?

Thread suggestion. Jack Monroe #45 - For my next Cat Trick ..... Watch me make YOU pay for Fitzpatrick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Thread suggestion
Jack Monroe #45 An' Do Ya* think I'm sexy? Quick before I delete the picture!

*Pronounced nduja (the fact I've got to explain the joke is probably not a good start!).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What a wasted opportunity. From a decent looking start in 2014, how has she regressed rather than developed? Arrogance? Laziness? Entitlement?
When did she first appear? Because every time she's on TV, even her 2020 stuff, it's always 'be nice, I'm new, I'm inexperienced.' Like Nadiya was on Bake Off in 2015 but she doesn't preface everything she does with 'I'm new, I don't know how to do this TV stuff.'

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.