Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Address squig and monkey squig are one and the same. They have another account as well. Best avoided.
Oh god, briefly followed monkey squig when they first piped-up about Scammy Jack, then quickly realised the error of my ways.

Reactions: 20
grift 4.jpg

Just a reminder that our new tea-time classic serial, GRIFT AND GRIFTABILITY, continues this Sunday with episode 3 of the much-loved drama.
Mr Elton has persuaded Emma Woodhouse to paint a portrait of Highbury's newest and most mysterious resident, Miss Monroe.
But will she be too much for Emma's skills to capture on canvas?

That's GRIFT AND GRIFTABILITY, Sunday tea-time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 128
I've been on my holidays while Jack was quiet - by which I mean I've read some other Tattle threads. Some of these other grifters make JM look like an angel and a genius (side-eyeing you, Ashley Cain and Safiyya Vorajee...). Now back to the grunk!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
View attachment 1794572
Just a reminder that our new tea-time classic serial, GRIFT AND GRIFTABILITY, continues this Sunday with episode 3 of the much-loved drama.
Mr Elton has persuaded Emma Woodhouse to paint a portrait of Highbury's newest and most mysterious resident, Miss Monroe.
But will she be too much for Emma's skills to capture on canvas?

That's GRIFT AND GRIFTABILITY, Sunday tea-time.
Already got my snacks x

Reactions: 26
I was just about to say its a good job shes not writing the tattle period drama, as she would drop some drama and never pick it up again, leaving us to wonder......

Also i think going to Edinburgh was the tanturm, hence her taking her worldly goods, (minus clothes, they last her days apparently) yet no one cared and she remembered she had to get home( stop being a drama queen) to take SB on her given day.
I think that whole Edinburgh episode was some kind of message to Louisa - it was somewhere they’d visited together (I thought Louisa may have some Scottish heritage), then there was all that posing in her bra. She also seemed to be breadcrumbing some kind of local flirtation/hook-up potential (possibly related to someone at Dishoom). She’s so pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I think that whole Edinburgh episode was some kind of message to Louisa - it was somewhere they’d visited together (I thought Louisa may have some Scottish heritage), then there was all that posing in her bra. She also seemed to be breadcrumbing some kind of local flirtation/hook-up potential (possibly related to someone at Dishoom). She’s so pathetic.
I thought it was booked for them as a couple, and she went on her own

Reactions: 29
We're talking about someone who tried to lure LJC back by humping a sideboard in a dirty bra so it's entirely possible she thought making slop in a serviced apartment would prove to be a winner too. I can't complain, I do love the wilder episodes of Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I thought it was booked for them as a couple, and she went on her own
Working from memory only, but I think one or both of them were meant to be involved somehow with the Edinburgh television festival which was on around the same time. Which is why I thought it seemed like a very unlikely impromptu trip and more of a 'work so therefore I can put it down as expenses' trip.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Sorry for the derailment chaos everyone, I will link to the chatter thread in future. I would just like to say that if you got the tartan Viv traazers, they are actually imbued with the spirit of Pythagoras so don't be too hasty to sell them on.

344.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Working from memory only, but I think one or both of them were meant to be involved somehow with the Edinburgh television festival which was on around the same time. Which is why I thought it seemed like a very unlikely impromptu trip and more of a 'work so therefore I can put it down as expenses' trip.
The television festival went online in 2020 due to Covid. Remember this was barely after lockdown ended and Jack couldn't wait to indulge in some unnecessary travel despite being the poorliest ickle pixie who ever lived.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Yes, I got the impression that the Edinburgh trip had been booked well in advance, and had originally been a joint thing.

Her ridiculous shopping trip to the sainsburys over the road... The three iceberg lettuces, pints and pints of skimmed milk and the ....
Cheap wet ham

What the hell did she even make from that nonsense? A milkshake for manatees?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I’m amazed to see the feed your family for £20 woman is still at it. Admittedly, she does post meal plans, but the amount she buys seems to be tiny to feed a whole family. And the dishes seem to be getting sadder, like root veg casserole just sounds kind of bleak and not very filling as a meal. It just really plays into the rhetoric that people can’t afford to eat well because they rely on ready meals or can’t cook.
The meal plans seem fine to me . This is the one that was emailed this week -
292A7F48-B605-4502-AF41-6913B5383364.jpeg

although definitely not without issues such as the constant ads/aff links for pointless or overpriced stuff with ridiculously unbelievable stories ( like a recent post where she claimed she always bought a new cutlery set for each Christmas/family gatherings) , FYF20 does at least acknowledge that it’s not so much about only spending £20 and more about knowing how to shop around, stretch ingredients, batch cook , make fake aways etc . And more importantly, unlike Jack she doesn’t claim to be a campaigner or to be creating luxury restaurant style 3 course meals out of a tin of own brand spam and the contents of the neighbours compost bin

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The television festival went online in 2020 due to Covid. Remember this was barely after lockdown ended and Jack couldn't wait to indulge in some unnecessary travel despite being the poorliest ickle pixie who ever lived.
That's why I think the accommodation and Sleeper had been booked a long time, I think it played out that the festival was moved online but Jack was too lazy/forgetful/mean if booked on LJC's dime/wfk to cancel the travel & apartment, decided to go to the wire to see if restrictions were lifted, somehow got lucky and went for it.

It was around the time we weren't even supposed to travel into Celery Town from across the central belt but anyone from over the border could pile into Waverley willy-nilly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.