Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alllll of this!! This is also where we see that she is her own undoing. Had she not been so attention seeking and obsessed with controlling the narrative most people would still be unaware of tattle and these threads. By drawing attention to them she sent people here and drew more scrutiny upon herself...it actually beggars belief! Had she just kept her head down it would have all blown over and we would still be giggling about slop like ninnies. Instead she blew it up into something so huge and poked the bear in the aftermath until people become sceptical/furious/had enough of her.

🦉🍾.....💀
I think a big part of HH2 was to piss us off which makes it even funnier. She really should have taken the earliest threads as a warning, instead she blew up her own grift out of SPITE. Toot toot!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Maybe the WhatsApp group have been plotting:
Jamie: A’wight, where is she? We need a chaos guys. It’s boring.
James: Butter!
Prue: We need to do something that she won’t be able to resist. How about something about the cost of living?
Fingers K: Are you mad, Chief? That‘s all performative bullshit. She don’t care about the poors really.
James: Yorkshire!
Nigella: I know, tender hearts. How about one of us does something ’tinned’? I could craft something about the joy of a gleaming, polished cylinder, full of promise?
Jamie: Nah, you’re alright sweetheart. She already hates me for being up in her niche so I’ll do it. Right, any ideas?
Gordon: duck yeah. Make sure you say something about tinned bleeping food not being bleeping celebrated enough, to suggest that nobody listens to her. That should bleeping do it. Nice
Very, very bleeping good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I think a big part of HH2 was to piss us off which makes it even funnier. She really should have taken the earliest threads as a warning, instead she blew up her own grift out of SPITE. Toot toot!
HH2 was sooooo weird....it was the most bizarre, terribly misplaced and poorly judged thing ever...it did truly highlight the massive squandered opportunities and raised so many questions about her grift...especially the patreon. Even then she could have just about recovered by ignoring this site and scraping some of her dignity back together and knuckling down to some real work to draw attention away from it instead of constantly bashing on about her trolls and begging sympathy but she STILL drew attention back here and continued to derail her own train....I just don't get it. This is why I no longer feel sorry for her....to have the gall to brag your 7 cookbooks, squander your TV appearances and play at poverty when you have had what most people dream of...people who could so it better no less makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Every single word of this post, tender one. I imagine a lot of people have no idea of the grift, or the harm, and vaguely know her as a 'campaigner' because she's been on tv. The sooner she's fully exposed the better. 😡
Me too. I thought she was pretty benign just rather strange even after HH2. I didn't warm to her but i was aware how much abuse goes to 'difficult' or unconventional women in the public eye so gave her the benefit of the doubt many times over. It was AM that started to turn me and, even then I was sceptical the first time I read it. It was the slopathon that convinced me. I mean if you can't even make food what use are you as a tv cook? The stuff about her son has turned my stomach.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Her narcissism is so severe I think she honestly thinks she can turn us all to her side. As long as she follows the steps, making herself pitiable, hinting at harming herself, piling on the lies. She seems to think that one day we’ll all change our minds collectively if she writes emotively enough. That’s why she always has a tantrum when it doesn’t work. And it won’t. Squigs can become fraus, but I have never seen a Frau become a squig.

The best thing about HH2: Hungrier Hurtier is that she knocked it out quickly very soon after we mentioned it was the ten year anniversary of HH1. She’d obviously been on a grunk and a lightbulb went off that she could use the anniversary as an angle. You’re welcome, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
She seems to think that one day we’ll all change our minds collectively if she writes emotively enough. That’s why she always has a tantrum when it doesn’t work. And it won’t. Squigs can become fraus, but I have never seen a Frau become a squig.
That was definitely her reason for visiting in Thread 31. If you read it back you can see her getting more and more pissed off when people continue to challenge her.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 77
Don't worry about the prisoners, we all know they really only eat Doritos tamales in the big house!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I just got an email from the SSPCA asking for a donation towards a stable that blew down in a storm, leaving some horses homeless.

I sent a tenner straight away, thinking how awful it was. I'm not well off... But... How could I NOT? I was happy to send it.

That must be the same emotions that HH2 plays on, for those who think they are helping a poor waif

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
That was definitely her reason for visiting in Thread 31. If you read it back you can see her getting more and more pissed off when people continue to challenge her.
Ah much less complicated and more humorous times....back when things were less catastrophic and just plain TERRIBLE ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I just got an email from the SSPCA asking for a donation towards a stable that blew down in a storm, leaving some horses homeless.

I sent a tenner straight away, thinking how awful it was. I'm not well off... But... How could I NOT? I was happy to send it.

That must be the same emotions that HH2 plays on, for those who think they are helping a poor waif
Those horses will own property before Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 76
I thought I was the talk of ice lollies that pissed her off

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Very kind of you, Dino
They have £2.1m surplus at the end of the last year but that’s small fry in comparison to the TT’s £39m and like you, I’d probably have given too.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Have tried searching for a few keywords on Twitter and Instagram and can’t see anyone tagging Jack in their Patreon goodies ☹ can you guys?

There is now just one day left before monthly renewals are due from customers & Thursday is Jack’s payday.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
The best thing about HH2: Hungrier Hurtier is that she knocked it out quickly very soon after we mentioned it was the ten year anniversary of HH1. She’d obviously been on a grunk and a lightbulb went off that she could use the anniversary as an angle. You’re welcome, Jack.
I suppose it could've been an interesting angle about what has happened in those ten years. If anyone actually cared. But Jack being Jack had to over egg the slop pudding by making out that actually nothing had changed and she was as poor as ever. If not worse.
Catastrophically failing to 'read the room' in these dire times for so many. Being completely ungrateful about all the chances and opportunities given her in that time, which she failed to utilise by being lazy and inept. Not a word about the money regularly given to her, for which she did bugger all. And then the downright bizarre lies about solar garden lamps as indoor lighting and job applications on an old phone 😂
Silly sod probably just banged it out on her laptop thinking The Guardian would come knocking for a 'piece' on modern day poverty in unexpected quarters.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Her narcissism is so severe I think she honestly thinks she can turn us all to her side. As long as she follows the steps, making herself pitiable, hinting at harming herself, piling on the lies. She seems to think that one day we’ll all change our minds collectively if she writes emotively enough. That’s why she always has a tantrum when it doesn’t work. And it won’t. Squigs can become fraus, but I have never seen a Frau become a squig.

God can you imagine ever falling for that crap? Only way I’d ever become a Jack supporter is dementia. And on a serious note an older lady I know on Twitter is starting to develop symptoms & hated Jack in the past. She’s now following her-whether to bore herself shitless or because of the dementia I have no idea & won’t ask. She may have genuinely forgotten-she wished me happy new year last month.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Have tried searching for a few keywords on Twitter and Instagram and can’t see anyone tagging Jack in their Patreon goodies ☹ can you guys?

There is now just one day left before monthly renewals are due from customers & Thursday is Jack’s payday.
Could it be she has listened to tattle so no tip jar rattle...maybe the hiatus is because she is job hunting...it's a Christmas miracle Fraus! 🧑‍🎄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
It's interesting how often that peach and chickpea curry turns up, almost like she's a one-hit wonder....

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.