Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose it could've been an interesting angle about what has happened in those ten years. If anyone actually cared. But Jack being Jack had to over egg the slop pudding by making out that actually nothing had changed and she was as poor as ever. If not worse.
Catastrophically failing to 'read the room' in these dire times for so many. Being completely ungrateful about all the chances and opportunities given her in that time, which she failed to utilise by being lazy and inept. Not a word about the money regularly given to her, for which she did bugger all. And then the downright bizarre lies about solar garden lamps as indoor lighting and job applications on an old phone 😂
Silly sod probably just banged it out on her laptop thinking The Guardian would come knocking for a 'piece' on modern day poverty in unexpected quarters.
Absolutely. It could have been fascinating. Going viral hasn’t been a thing for that long and I’d genuinely be interested in a piece on what really happens when a post/video of yours goes viral and what the long term impact is on your life. How much did she raise? Did it affect her relationships with friends and family? Do people still bring it up? Could it have even hindered her career in the long term, as it means she’s essentially been placed in this niche as a budget blogger? All of these angles would have been interesting were it not a piece about Jack.

Also, the writing was awful. A lot of people found the opening completely confusing as she was quoting HH1 without making it clear. It wasn’t edited, perhaps not even read through, as she was clearly just so desperate to get it out there and start bringing in the dopamine and cashos.

Reactions: 59
Absolutely. It could have been fascinating. Going viral hasn’t been a thing for that long and I’d genuinely be interested in a piece on what really happens when a post/video of yours goes viral and what the long term impact is on your life. How much did she raise? Did it affect her relationships with friends and family? Do people still bring it up? Could it have even hindered her career in the long term, as it means she’s essentially been placed in this niche as a budget blogger? All of these angles would have been interesting were it not a piece about Jack.

Also, the writing was awful. A lot of people found the opening completely confusing as she was quoting HH1 without making it clear. It wasn’t edited, perhaps not even read through, as she was clearly just so desperate to get it out there and start bringing in the dopamine and cashos.
Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda. Sums her up really!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I feel like the restrictions of freedom is the punishment. No one deserves 24/7 guy grumbles thanks to slop intake, enforced pumble is cruel and unusual punishment.
What about slop in a gunge tank? You don't see enough gunge tanks these days.
For clarity I'm joking, I do agree with you - initially took the screenshot because I was mad at the slop being inflicted on people who can't leave.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Holy Crap! I'm forever playing catch-up but felt I needed to post from the past to say don't Google image search this 🤢🤮😨

WARNED!

Lots of users get the telltale nose kink where the soft part of the nose has started to rot away. Look at any picture of TPT or even others you suspect love a bit of ❄ and you’ll start spotting it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Is it possible that she is so quiet because she is moving house?

Softly carrying all her possessions box by box in the famed backpack to her new tiny little smol flat?

I think November is lease up on the bungalow of tit time?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Maybe the WhatsApp group have been plotting:
Jamie: A’wight, where is she? We need a chaos guys. It’s boring.
James: Butter!
Prue: We need to do something that she won’t be able to resist. How about something about the cost of living?
Fingers K: Are you mad, Chief? That‘s all performative bullshit. She don’t care about the poors really.
James: Yorkshire!
Nigella: I know, tender hearts. How about one of us does something ’tinned’? I could craft something about the joy of a gleaming, polished cylinder, full of promise?
Jamie: Nah, you’re alright sweetheart. She already hates me for being up in her niche so I’ll do it. Right, any ideas?
Gordon: duck yeah. Make sure you say something about tinned bleeping food not being bleeping celebrated enough, to suggest that nobody listens to her. That should bleeping do it. Nice

If I wasn't married, I would propose...

(with a ring from Jack's drawer of broken dreams 😉)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I suppose it could've been an interesting angle about what has happened in those ten years. If anyone actually cared. But Jack being Jack had to over egg the slop pudding by making out that actually nothing had changed and she was as poor as ever. If not worse.
Catastrophically failing to 'read the room' in these dire times for so many. Being completely ungrateful about all the chances and opportunities given her in that time, which she failed to utilise by being lazy and inept. Not a word about the money regularly given to her, for which she did bugger all. And then the downright bizarre lies about solar garden lamps as indoor lighting and job applications on an old phone 😂
Silly sod probably just banged it out on her laptop thinking The Guardian would come knocking for a 'piece' on modern day poverty in unexpected quarters.
I just re-read HH2. A seismic comedy classic. I wasn't a member of the canal at that time an now I understand how the kids who missed punk cos they were a bit too young would've felt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
The way she goes about her work comes across to me as if she really doesn't know what she's doing and she's just trying to blag it. She rips off other people's recipes and inserts her own "twist" which is basically just replacing one ingredient with something else and calls it her own. She is now oh so creative... It's a farce. I can't decide whether she actually doesn't know what she's doing, or just plain lazy

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I just re-read HH2. A seismic comedy classic. I wasn't a member of the canal at that time an now I understand how the kids who missed punk cos they were a bit too young would've felt.
I found it hilarious at the time. She'd built it up to be a huge doom and gloom terrible thing and it just wasn't. It was more anticlimactic than a partner who lasts 3 seconds in bed. A pathetic self pitying piece by someone who thinks they deserve money for nothing and their kicks for free.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Softly carrying all her possessions box by box in the famed backpack to her new tiny little smol flat?

Who knows on that mysterious lease! And Jack is never one to do things sensibly. But she moved on Feb / Mar 2019 so I would guess after Xmas.

Reactions: 21

Oh I think she'd love to live tweet all that. Endless photos with Attenborough-esque docu-prose & updates on the ouchy crumbly bone crunching death defying exhaustion like she's on Napoleon's retreat from Moscow rather than retrieving plates from Big Yellow Storage.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

She could've called it post-viral fatigue.

Also I am not Jack. My son has too many toys all over the floor!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
HH2 solar light bugaloo jumped the shark. Whereas before she was tired, then exhausted, then so exhausted through to her bones, she went and did it saying she grinds her bones into dust. That is impossible. Jack, you’re not dust, your bones are intact!
She always over inexplicably eggs herself. Same as her early work she’s doing 60 hour weeks, then 80, then 100 then she decided on 120. As there’s only 168 hours in a week I look forward to this gently, softly growing to about 180 hours working week, one day soon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Maybe the WhatsApp group have been plotting:
Jamie: A’wight, where is she? We need a chaos guys. It’s boring.
James: Butter!
Prue: We need to do something that she won’t be able to resist. How about something about the cost of living?
Fingers K: Are you mad, Chief? That‘s all performative bullshit. She don’t care about the poors really.
James: Yorkshire!
Nigella: I know, tender hearts. How about one of us does something ’tinned’? I could craft something about the joy of a gleaming, polished cylinder, full of promise?
Jamie: Nah, you’re alright sweetheart. She already hates me for being up in her niche so I’ll do it. Right, any ideas?
Gordon: duck yeah. Make sure you say something about tinned bleeping food not being bleeping celebrated enough, to suggest that nobody listens to her. That should bleeping do it. Nice
I heard all the voices. Excellent! 😁😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 24
OT but I met someone last night that immediately triggered off a Jack shaped red flag. She had the hiccups and when I said I know a cure (which I learned from a man in a pub), she started telling me that actually, she's a really special and unusual case and she even had hiccups in the womb. Definitely a jack in the wild.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.