Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack once tweeted out a load of garbled nonsense with a few words thrown in. I think she said it was a bum tweet or some rubbish.
There was a name 'Zoe Eccentricity', also J-1g was in there. Looked like Jack was ordering a gram for herself.
It might be in the wiki.
I think the Zoe Eccentricity tweet came after she tweeted just J1g on its own, in some sort of cover-up attempt.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I love every phrase in your post.

The recipe looks yes, absolutely delicious, with a bonus of a fun minute thinking of Jack substitute ingredients
I could make hers instead and yes of course it had those fart sausages in it
E242CE25-68A5-4036-92C9-7527859B9B9F.jpeg

I still have those Bollock sausages in the freezer from the sausange maybe I’ll bung them in (I won’t, I don’t hate myself enough)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
View attachment 1768459
I still have those Bollock sausages in the freezer from the sausange maybe I’ll bung them in (I won’t, I don’t hate myself enough)
'sausage and mushroom stroganoff' when the 'sausages' aren't even legally allowed to be labelled as 'pork sausages'. Disgusting.
Also promising your partner you'll have food for them and then just... not is a narc behaviour. Unfortunately have extensive experience with this type of behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Who would like to talk about boiling soap? I've been fascinated by this Jack HH2 sideshow and so I read a thing.

And I was broken, so broken, and I just can’t read carry on like this any more

Fortunately I found this:

And then I went crazy and broke up the small scrapsTM of a locally made actual quality gorgeous soap and threw it into a 1/3 bottle of liquid hand soap and added water. Yeah, as I thought 'twould be, it's quite sudsy.

It really made me think that Jack and apparently the whole bunch of faux frugals who takes two LITERAL whole bars of soap to boil into shower gel deserve to be boiled in a rejection of capitalism and jam.

I believe this *may* have been discussed LOL. Still, I apologise not.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1768459
How has she managed to take a classic, creamy mushroom stroganoff and made it so Oily?!? It looks like mushrooms with some unnecessary sausage, floating on a bed of grease! 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Not sure about holes in the face, but it can burn holes in the septum, in between the nostrils. That's what too much ❄ did to Steve Nicks.
Lots of users get the telltale nose kink where the soft part of the nose has started to rot away. Look at any picture of TPT or even others you suspect love a bit of ❄ and you’ll start spotting it.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
Morning all, do you think this social media silence is due to rehab? Wouldn't be surprised. She's awfully quiet.

Reactions: 27
Morning all, do you think this social media silence is due to rehab? Wouldn't be surprised. She's awfully quiet.
I pondered that this morning too....especially given the 'mania' that came before it. I truly hope she is getting the serious help she needs if it is....for the sake of her but most importantly those around her.

Reactions: 33
'sausage and mushroom stroganoff' when the 'sausages' aren't even legally allowed to be labelled as 'pork sausages'. Disgusting.
Also promising your partner you'll have food for them and then just... not is a narc behaviour. Unfortunately have extensive experience with this type of behaviour.
I thought it was testament to the teeny tiny portions that she ends up with because she costs the recipe to serve four when in reality it serves one if they're desperate enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Am I right in saying she put coconut milk in the stroganoff?

ETA: WOMP THERE IT IS
5C4527B6-9DA3-47FE-9EE8-7362B81AEB0A.jpeg
547DA073-1754-42E3-B919-E48FBE0B94BD.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I thought it was testament to the teeny tiny portions that she ends up with because she costs the recipe to serve four when in reality it serves one if they're desperate enough.
I still occasionally think of ‘serves 0’ and it makes me smile.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
View attachment 1768459
I'm afraid deart heart, that looks disgusting.

Seriously, once you see how dreadful all the food is, you cannot unsee it! Then you read the recipes again and see they are riddled with her own words about how the food may look dreadful, possibly will have scum and that she normally uses her hands for fiddling in u-bends. Yes Mushroom, Lentil and Ale pie - I'm talking about you.

And to think I once wanted to make it! Obviously I had some sixth sense not to bother.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
How has she managed to take a classic, creamy mushroom stroganoff and made it so Oily?!? It looks like mushrooms with some unnecessary sausage, floating on a bed of grease! 🤢🤢🤢🤢
It's cos she scraped the stuff out of from her nails to use instead of salt n pepper etc.

😇

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I doubt that the media silence is due to rehab. It was a sudden flounce after being backed into a corner when she realised she was ... Fighting fires on all sides due to her stories making her a laughing stock.

I think posting her camera photos was the final straw and she's huffed off, and is probably going to say something like "I was the first to abandon Elon musk's twitter"

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.