Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does ❄ cause big facial holes too? When she spoke of the "50p sized hole" in her chops, I imagined it being right through, like a second mouth holio
Not sure about holes in the face, but it can burn holes in the septum, in between the nostrils. That's what too much ❄ did to Steve Nicks.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Does ❄ cause big facial holes too? When she spoke of the "50p sized hole" in her chops, I imagined it being right through, like a second mouth holio
Any stimulate type drug can cause you to do that. Also, extreme self harmJack knows exactly what she's doing when she spouts that tit.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Not sure about holes in the face, but it can burn holes in the septum, in between the nostrils. That's what too much ❄ did to Steve Nicks.
Quoting self to say that should be STEVIE Nicks. Apologies to Steve Nicks, whoever they may be. As you were.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Just a thought re:.the to do list

Could we delegate elements of the to do list to the frauen? Could we each take a task and finish some of Jack’s tasks for her Before the end of the year?

I am happy to volunteer to do a recipe

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Just a thought re:.the to do list

Could we delegate elements of the to do list to the frauen? Could we each take a task and finish some of Jack’s tasks for her Before the end of the year?

I am happy to volunteer to do a recipe
Let me help!

Step 1: find recipe by someone else in extensive collection of cookbooks (har-de-har) or on the Internet.

Step 2: change ingredients to whatever is lying around in own cupboard or fridge, or to whatever you think the povs will have on hand

Step 3: change ingredients' proportions willy-nilly

Step 4: don't test the new recipe

Step 5: write flowery faux-Nigella introduction

Step 6: post recipe on blog and on social media! Done!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Well...

Jack WISHES she was a frau (you're far too funny to be Jack 😉😂)
"Jack WISHES she was a frau" for thread title nomination tender ones x

I could have been a ballerina but I’m too sweary and working class and non-binary. I just want to dance, sleeve tattoos and all… SB why are you pushing your new girlfriend out the door? Mama isn’t finished yet.
Where did you find that private film of me grieving at my mother's funeral you mithering ninny x

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
In the US it is pretty much synonymous with Cowboy Hat. When I hear Stetson, I think Timothy Olyphant in Justified. My happy place. Or Deadwood. Another happy place. Or the Santa Clarita Diet--a happy, laughing place without hats, though.
In my country (Scotland) a cowboy hat would also be called a stetson. I just thought it worth clarifying that there was also a label called Stetson, so in the case of Jack's pigskin hat, the word Stetson refers to the brand, not the style of hat. It was in response to a poster who seemed understandably confused as to why Jack was referring to a baker boy hat as a Stetson.

Reactions: 42
In the stocktake it was known from what Jack said 'wax suede stetson hat' but renamed to 'Stetson Hatteras pigskin leather cap dark brown'.

ETA that reminds me I'm putting her down for 4x of these instead of 1x ✍

• Haha
Reactions: 41
It was in response to a poster who seemed understandably confused as to why Jack was referring to a baker boy hat as a Stetson.
That was I! The mysteries of the English!

In other news, I have worked out that j1g seems to be some sort of slang for drugs but that's another discussion for another day

• Haha
Reactions: 35
That was I! The mysteries of the English!

In other news, I have worked out that j1g seems to be some sort of slang for drugs but that's another discussion for another day
Jack once tweeted out a load of garbled nonsense with a few words thrown in. I think she said it was a bum tweet or some rubbish.
There was a name 'Zoe Eccentricity', also J-1g was in there. Looked like Jack was ordering a gram for herself.
It might be in the wiki.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Look, I'm not saying it does, just that one time I may have done a similar. Coincidence, I'm sure. Mad awful flashback, plus Twitter wasn't invented so sadly couldn't tell my half million admirers

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jack once tweeted out a load of garbled nonsense with a few words thrown in. I think she said it was a bum tweet or some rubbish.
There was a name 'Zoe Eccentricity', also J-1g was in there. Looked like Jack was ordering a gram for herself.
It might be in the wiki.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I’d only she’d chosen a cowboy hat. The jokes we could have made about Brokehack Mountin’ (Harold). The Food, The Sad, and the Sloppy. Annie Cokely. I’m going to stop now.
Calamity Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.