Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can chain block people on Instagram as well, if they set up new accounts. Obviously doesn’t stop them if they set up from new with new email addresses but would stop most trolls.

Reactions: 14
Sorry to be a pain and Jack is the worst for this btw but being “thin” or underweight is not a prerequisite for having an ED. Many, many people are not at the lower end of the weight scale and yet have their lives ruined by eating disorders.

Yes, AN at its worst can result in severe malnutrition and death but there are different types of ED being diagnosed now and low body weight is often not a symptom of these.

Jack may or may not have had issues surrounding food or in fact a full-blown ED (I am still undecided on this), but just because she was not emaciated as she claims she was, does not mean she was lying about suffering from them.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Hmm.

Per the sobriety timeline (here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-228-the-winter-of-our-fishcontent.25280/post-7441325 for anyone who hasn't seen it before) Jack had announced her drinking problem and given up the booze a couple of times in 2016. She went sober for Lent in March 2017, but it lasted about a week.

She (temporarily) gave up drink again a week after this Mrs Gloss post. I'd like to think that looking at that godawful haircut in the mirror scared her sober.
As with most of her timelines, there are two running concurrently. In one, she's always sober and in the other she never is.

It's like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
“I awoke today in a small but comfortably sumptuous single bed in Montpellier House (33 Montpellier Terrace - laid on by the generosity of the Sunday Times Cheltenham Literary Festival). Yet, despite the bliss, despite the now hazy memories of hands held across the table as I signed books after my talk yesterday evening, despite the warm cocoon of kind words and appreciative hugs, I do feel quite exhausted. Physically tired to my bones.“

EA553A89-40DC-4A23-9AA9-ECE3119DAE5C.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 115
“I awoke today in a small but comfortably sumptuous single bed in Montpellier House (33 Montpellier Terrace - laid on by the generosity of the Sunday Times Cheltenham Literary Festival). Yet, despite the bliss, despite the now hazy memories of hands held across the table as I signed books after my talk yesterday evening, despite the warm cocoon of kind words and appreciative hugs, I do feel quite exhausted. Physically tired to my bones.“

View attachment 1756404
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Those bleeping nails! Wash your hands, you dirty gopper. 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I collated most of the most cringey Gloss and Goss posts In screenshots
2016: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...not-storming-the-bastille.33176/post-11537373
2017 and 2018: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...not-storming-the-bastille.33176/post-11539730

I’m a member but muted it and had forgotten how incredibly annoying she was. You might want to go to the loo before you open the spoilers
I've changed my mind. You can take back my Reese's advent calendar this year. I would rather open a picture of Jack modelling a new lip-stick every day instead. Softly, gently belly laughing my way into Christmas.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
What is it about rich people who have to explain that something is "Small, but..." :LOL: You see it in places like Mumsnet and Jack

"Small, but spacious! Small, but elegant! Small, but luxurious!"

• Haha
Reactions: 43

View attachment 1756404
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Is this Jack's Victorian lady persona?

• Haha
Reactions: 52

View attachment 1756404
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ok Bridget lol

• Haha
Reactions: 47

View attachment 1756404
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Diamond like a fuckin foxes glacier mint but NAY LIGHTBULBS PAY PIGS

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
As a Jack thread Van Wilder I can’t believe this Gloss stuff was happening in real time throughout lockdown and we didn’t know!
I've realised the same. Jack was running a different personality in case the first one didn't work out.

The first one, as it turns out, didn't work out.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I hadn't realised that the deposit she lost on the flat when she met Leggy was a buying deposit. I thought she'd paid like £1k deposit to rent and always wondered why she made such a fuss about it
How much was a flat deposit in those days? It's so extreme to give up £20k (a guess, your honour) on a relationship only a week old

eta this is me interpreting that the deposit was to buy a house, happy to be corrected if wrong!
She could have bought and rented out 🙄

Reactions: 17
I've realised the same. Jack was running a different personality in case the first one didn't work out.

The first one, as it turns out, didn't work out.
Or the second, or third, or fourth or, oh I think you get the idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The only other thing I can think of is maybe her book release has been delayed so the Live thing would be put on hold.
That would be a plausible explanation for the "unforseen circumstances" which has led to the event being cancelled six weeks out, but until the publication date is updated on various bookselling websites we won't know.

Reactions: 26
Publishers are already trying to get rid of copies.

View attachment 1756427
View attachment 1756428
Grifty Kitchen is £18.99 on bookshop.org so they're probably trying to justify it not being half price?
But you can just buy two copies on Amazon for £20 so the incentive is a £1 saving, it would be better to donate that £1 (or the book value £10) to a local food bank directly.
For each copy of Thrifty Kitchen sold via the site, Bookshop.org will donate a copy to the Trussell Trust, until it reaches 1,000 copies. The books will be made available at food banks across the UK. The initiative supports both participating food banks in the Trussell Trust’s network and independent bookshops, which will receive a portion of the cover price from each sale, Bookshop.org said.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.