Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't edit my post in the previous thread but just did a little more digging and realised I did a bit of a chaos and was not FORENSIC. The mutual FB friends are actually with her Nan (not her Mum). Just wanted to clear that up in the interests of transparency. Tenuouser and tenuouser, lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack’s “Degrees”: Selected Highlights
View attachment 1754200
May 2012
View attachment 1754202
2015 Daily Mail
View attachment 1754203
And Huffpost View attachment 1754205View attachment 1754207
View attachment 1754235
View attachment 1754209
Also 2022View attachment 1754219
(She got another one from Coventry in 2018 but other than when she’d being Dr Dr Monroe it’s the Essex one she really likes to show off about)
View attachment 1754216
Blame/thank @Veronicaaa for immortalizing this one
Noooooooooooooooooooo I thought rumours of that photo were a joke 🤣🤣🤣🤣 what an irredeemable bellwhiff

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just gonna add 2p re being paid to speak at events. As an ex-speaker and ex-organiser of events, nationally and abroad, speakers are very rarely paid IME. Yes to expenses, but rarely for speaking. I had very few people ever ask for a speaker fee, especially not when third sector, community, policy etc events.

So, now she is toxic, this won't be a loss of income per se, but it will be a loss of yet another platform to promote books etc from which she would derive income.

She's fuxed.

ETA: and no, Jack, you can't have the 2p. Get tae duck.
I know someone on the panel 🔺 and they are not being paid. At most, Jack would have been able to claim expenses.

• Heart
Found this picture of Jack on twitter earlier

what
the
duck
is
that
hair

Edit- silly hospital wifi has done me a kipper here. Will upload picture later 🫣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Every time I read “scribe” I cringe and I can only hear it in a Russel Brand “SSSSCRRRRRIIIIBE” voice. Bleurgh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Jack’s “Degrees”: Selected Highlights
View attachment 1754200
May 2012
View attachment 1754202
2015 Daily Mail
View attachment 1754203
And Huffpost View attachment 1754205View attachment 1754207
View attachment 1754235
View attachment 1754209
Also 2022View attachment 1754219
(She got another one from Coventry in 2018 but other than when she’d being Dr Dr Monroe it’s the Essex one she really likes to show off about)
View attachment 1754216
Blame/thank @Veronicaaa for immortalizing this one
Thank you, darling heart, for finding what I couldn’t. No thanks at all for the photo at the end which has made me consider setting fire to either my phone or my head

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
So JM couldn’t be bothered to rock up for the keynote speech, not surprised to be honest

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Afternoon canal, just catching up and I was disappointed to see that Jack didn’t make the Cardiff conference. I am Cardiff adjacent this week (I am typing this from a well know sitcom’s location 🔺 ) and this morning around 11am the sky darkened, thunder and lightning (very very frightening) was sprung forth from the skies and I feared Jack had arrived, for once, on time. What was I thinking? 😂
FE68CB56-E421-44EB-BD52-5535EDB09916.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Found this picture of Jack on twitter earlier

what
the
duck
is
that
hair
I love that there’s no pic here but everyone probably has a JackHair in mind and they’re all probably different.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
I know that this should be on F&D thread but if any South Wales frau wanted to recommend somewhere nice for me and my Old Harold to eat tomorrow night that would be lovely. We have a car so can travel if needs be. Doesn’t need to be child friendly as we LEFT him at home, with his nan and grandad incase you report me to the CSA.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I know someone on the panel 🔺 and they are not being paid. At most, Jack would have been able to claim expenses.
Truth. Running many events barely pulls a profit anyway. (It's why it is so easy to buy an award etc!) Speakers simply don't get paid unless they are bringing something extra to the party... And she ain't. Our contracts always included a stipulation about what hashtags to use in the run-up, during and post-event etc. Presume hers do (ah, did) too.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I know that this should be on F&D thread but if any South Wales frau wanted to recommend somewhere nice for me and my Old Harold to eat tomorrow night that would be lovely. We have a car so can travel if needs be. Doesn’t need to be child friendly as we LEFT him at home, with his nan and grandad incase you report me to the CSA.
Shaam Nights or Afrikaana on city road in Cardiff! Or Meet and Greek in Bazza🌹

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just gonna add 2p re being paid to speak at events. As an ex-speaker and ex-organiser of events, nationally and abroad, speakers are very rarely paid IME. Yes to expenses, but rarely for speaking. I had very few people ever ask for a speaker fee, especially not when third sector, community, policy etc events.

So, now she is toxic, this won't be a loss of income per se, but it will be a loss of yet another platform to promote books etc from which she would derive income.

She's fuxed.

ETA: and no, Jack, you can't have the 2p. Get tae duck.
One of my local history societies had asked Neil Oliver to speak once and he quoted 7k. So glad that never happened and not just because of the cashos

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.