Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she wasn’t Jacko I’d say she’d dropped out to take part in a Southend day of mourning for Wilko Johnson (RIP for real) but… she’s Jacko.
I am a sad Frau today. Wilko was a hell of a character. Hell of a musician. Massive loss.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Gender discussion not important here, let's not derail, but lol "women who are trans inclusive like Jack Monroe". The old "waahh they're all transphobic towards me" defence is really working.
Screenshot 2022-11-23 132532.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
  • Jack is still off twitter after her weekend chaos. She briefing reappeared this morning in a blink and you’d miss it way to update her days sober (after the photo of a pint of lager in spoons appeared in her camera roll)
Just adding that she was on 507 days sober on Sunday 20/11/22 she didn't update it this morning x

1669210607814.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Did anyone get pictures of all the negative comments from the Guardian twitter? Gutted I missed it!
Eh, it was mostly just the usual suspects having a bit of a pile-on.

I'd be interested in seeing if the event goes ahead or not - for now, I don't think that any great victory can be declared.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I bet she leapt at the Google invitation to freeload at their annual jamboree at Soho Farmhouse and be head patted and indulged by a bunch of people who’d likely never heard of her. Then had the cheek to boast about what she had achieved behind the scenes! Needless to say doing the work to present a keynote speech on social inequalities in Wales (I know, I know she’d have ignored the brief and talked about herself for 40 minutes) was always going to be way beyond her. I shake my head at them even asking her In the first place.
"Good morning. I'm Jack Monroe: writer, author, scribe, campaigner, accidental conflagration analyst.

There's a pivotal scene in Gavin and Stacey where Gavin (who is from Essex) gives Stacey a gift which she describes as not being 'her main present'.

And just like Stacey, back in 2011, I first found myself without any main present at Christmas..."

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Very hard to get rid of the whiff of suspicion once it’s been released (kinda like slow cooker sardines I imagine) & Jack is now fucked I reckon. Too many questions, too much money grabbing & too many lies have consequences.
She’d better chase up all those job applications she never did.
Also, hysterical that she got the piss take over her honorary doctorate removed. Shameless. She has no sense of humour-most people would laugh along & agree the whole idea is pretty silly when most of us have to work to earn our qualifications.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She's going to blame the canal of nefarious ninnies for her downfall, isn't she?

Not the fact that she's a ridiculous self important money grabbing nincompoop.
She will absolutely 100% say it is the Canal and their relentless, obsessive trolling which has caused her fall from grace. Which will conveniently ignore the fact that the Canal has no interactions with her and most of our nefarious mithering is casting a light on her own lies and vile behaviour over the years. The only person who has fucked things up for Jack Monroe is Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Afternoon canal, just catching up and I was disappointed to see that Jack didn’t make the Cardiff conference. I am Cardiff adjacent this week (I am typing this from a well know sitcom’s location 🔺 ) and this morning around 11am the sky darkened, thunder and lightning (very very frightening) was sprung forth from the skies and I feared Jack had arrived, for once, on time. What was I thinking? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Gender discussion not important here, let's not derail, but lol "women who are trans inclusive like Jack Monroe". The old "waahh they're all transphobic towards me" defence is really working.
View attachment 1754184
Shan't derail too much but Janey Godley being held up as trans inclusive is hilarious. She believes in nothing but lining her own pockets. Until not that long ago she was still doing racist stuff in her act, she only dropped that for career advancement. The reason she's pretending to support trans rights and not doing one of her hilarious voiceovers about women wi' big wullies or something equally pathetic is because the Scottish Government are looking at reforming the gender recognition process. If the Scottish Government had taken a more gender critical view she'd be shouting that from the rooftops. She sucks up to Sturgeon they way she sucked up to Thatcher back in the 80s. Honestly, whatever your cause and whatever she says Janey Godley is no friend to it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
Just gonna add 2p re being paid to speak at events. As an ex-speaker and ex-organiser of events, nationally and abroad, speakers are very rarely paid IME. Yes to expenses, but rarely for speaking. I had very few people ever ask for a speaker fee, especially not when third sector, community, policy etc events.

So, now she is toxic, this won't be a loss of income per se, but it will be a loss of yet another platform to promote books etc from which she would derive income.

She's fuxed.

ETA: and no, Jack, you can't have the 2p. Get tae duck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I track my sobriety via an app but I would rather run naked down the street playing the trumpet than update my twitter followers every day or have it in my bio. Just, no.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
This inspired me to look for that quote she has about working in a pub or a cafe for 2 shifts, “it’s not like I’m exactly using my degree” or whatever lie that was. But while I was looking, I found this - I’m sure fraus have spotted it before but it made me hoot & fizz

View attachment 1754067
View attachment 1754068
Jack’s “Degrees”: Selected Highlights
626BE100-A095-4425-B9FE-3D05958BAE3A.jpeg

May 2012
63CE5439-DFE9-4175-B8FA-7ECA72519B9C.jpeg

2015 Daily Mail
EE5F67A8-06F5-44C6-BAC0-D86459FF392C.jpeg

And Huffpost
464FA6C4-C608-4049-9A8E-B0BA075D95BF.jpeg
AE18C738-3DAD-431C-875B-D53347C9ACFF.jpeg

2021 Diva.pdf
6802B2CF-7281-4399-8BA9-4A85D3DE3C9C.jpeg

366B4A6C-07B0-4884-8974-FC681D331776.jpeg

Also 2022
598CBD81-F0B5-438D-8365-DBC7293DE35B.jpeg

(She got another one from Coventry in 2018 but other than when she’d being Dr Dr Monroe it’s the Essex one she really likes to show off about)
B8E12A54-E359-4878-96B9-BB911AB76C63.jpeg

Blame/thank @Veronicaaa for immortalizing this one

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 109
It's still being advertised on the Guardian Live site. Wonder how long for.
😉
The 'pay what you can' appears to be a choice between £7, £12 or £18 + fees 🤷‍♂️

chrome_5sUUZ2OdV2.png

chrome_dwQr2Lt8cC.png

Followers are slowly dwindling I see. It was 568 last week I think.
After those bot shenanigans stopped she went from 571.2k to 567.4k (-3.8k) from 2nd-20th October

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.