Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She thinks she's writing like a punk Jane Austen, but it actually reads like a Reader's True Experience from Take a Break Magazine
Take Some Beak more like!

I went about looking for C with hands and came across this. It’s new to me! Please please insert all the trigger warnings you can think of before clicking play

This guitar riff should play every time she appears.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Who the hell is this?

09DD7926-1815-4ECA-9F2B-796F095B7E68.jpeg

Is it LJC? Who the hell over the age of 15 takes selfies admiring their make up with someone else in the room? 🤮

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
£5k is a hell of a lot for a rental deposit. Either she paid a few months rent upfront, due to her terrible credit. Or she was planning to rent somewhere for £2.5k a month, which wouldn’t surprise me all that much either.

Or she was getting a shared ownership flat/help to buy place or chipping in £5k and getting help from the bank of big Dave. And didn’t want to admit she’d fucked up a chance to get her fowweva home.
Or she was lying to make Leggy feel guilty and bung her the £5k she 'lost out' on. I mean if it IS true, £5k is a lot of money for someone who was simultaneously pleading poverty.

ETA sorry, other people have already been mithering over this, should do a proper grunk before I post!

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
These Gloss posts are excruciating 😆😆 she is so enamoured of her own image. And the banging on about how brave she is. Girl, you're not behind enemy lines, you put some fuckin eyeshadow on. Badly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
God almighty-what with this & the gloss stuff I’m even more appalled at Jack. I actually thought she wasn’t that vain (I sure as tit would never have posted the shrunken head pic, that would have been deleted at the speed of light) but she’s clearly insanely narcissistic. And the unnecessary aggression & humblebrag in the video?
Get to duck Jack. No sympathy for you. This is why you rub people the wrong way-you’re rude, self obsessed & when you’re ‘up’ you treat others so nastily. What did you expect behaving like this?
I can't watch the rest of that. Every time she does one of these, its all me me me. Look at me, I'm so wonderful. All of this turns my stomach and I cringe so hard.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Hmm.

Per the sobriety timeline (here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-228-the-winter-of-our-fishcontent.25280/post-7441325 for anyone who hasn't seen it before) Jack had announced her drinking problem and given up the booze a couple of times in 2016. She went sober for Lent in March 2017, but it lasted about a week.

She (temporarily) gave up drink again a week after this Mrs Gloss post. I'd like to think that looking at that godawful haircut in the mirror scared her sober.
20th Jan 2019 - Jack posts before / after hair extensions lewks

72CDEF36-33F5-4380-A403-8FE858D757F5.jpg

18th January - Jack posts before / after giving up booze. Below photo is meant to have been taken at her rock bottom, 3 weeks previously. It's a remarkably similar look to the before hair extensions one, no?

Screenshot_20211211-115251_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
You wouldn't lose a deposit on a bought flat. You may be in trouble and lose money if you pulled out after exchange as its a done deal at that point and also about 3 months down the line. Some dodgey estate agents have a deposit down policy to 'save' a property but that comes off your final amount and they have no right to keep it, if you pursue it legally.
You transfer your deposit about 10 days/ a week before exchange of contracts when buying. If exchange doesn't happen within the next 7 days your conveyancer will transfer it back to you because they cannot hold it for any longer.
Unless it's a new build, you pay the builder directly and then the builder 'goes bust' and comes back as a new entity with the same name in a slightly different format three months later. #stillbitter

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Keith moon of the who
Yes, dear heart I know KM, I meant I don’t know who Neil Oliver is but I understood the description of men who go on those retreats and play drums with their willies. I just imagined them going at it like dear Keith!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I genuinely think Jack will be using AA meetings in the way she used Mrs Gloss. Attention, attention, attention.
Using a sample size of 2, I looked to see how many posts two other members of that group had made and it’s nowhere near the amount that Jack did. They also weren’t showing huge hauls of lipsticks etc although I’m sure there’s plenty of that in there too!
I’ve LEFT the group already, but got these little snippets. The writing makes me as bilious as the nails.

ETA: why isn’t she writing in the left hand page? If you look closely there’s lines on it, not sure why she’d be as wasteful.
View attachment 1756114
View attachment 1756115

I think her facial expression looks like she is trying to listen into a discussion in her neighbours house, through the wall (of course we know Jack likes DETACHED houses, so this is unlikely).
View attachment 1756116
What is that face?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Did Jack actually get copies of her kickstarter funded book out by mail? See attached for claims. Seems like her "plan" for getting the books in the mail was less military and more stooges, three. How to do a job with the most effort, fuss, and inefficiency. Stamps?
Ignoring her disorganisation and poor project planning skills, this makes the whole
Kickstarter thing seem even more fraudulent (speculation m’lud). With all the money raised she should have hired people for packing and distribution. She could have used a courier firm to collect directly from her home. What a disaster

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Ignoring her disorganisation and poor project planning skills, this makes the whole
Kickstarter thing seem even more fraudulent (speculation m’lud). With all the money raised she should have hired people for packing and distribution. She could have used a courier firm to collect directly from her home. What a disaster
I'm guessing she spent all the money on shite so when it came to being ready to send the book two years later she didn't have the money to use a proper distribution company or hire anyone but Caroline-not-Caroline

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.