Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Freaks me out that you can be in another country in just a few hours. I could drive for three days and still be in Australia.
The journey to Wales by train will be a similar amount of time and changes as France, from where she lives.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
We are Jack free here though!
Last time I travelled interstate I saw a wallaby and a koala walk out of a forest together. So cute, but they were probably planning a massacre. Hehe.
😂😂😂 That's true 😂😂😂. Although the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if she got a head transplant and emigrated 😂😂😂.
On a much smaller scale, obviously because I can't elevenerife Australia- years ago, I took my son out on a lovely walk while we were on holiday in Cornwall. We came across a stoat 'playing' with a baby rabbit 😭.

• Sad
  • Wow
I'm not a gambling frau... Oh ok I am,. but I reckon 1/3 on, that she won't show up tomorrow
She totally will show up and give the usual retelling of the poverty.
There’s a new moon tomorrow so I’m hoping we get a train chaos thrown into the deal, probably on insta at this rate!
some black pudding and cooking bacon porridge for SB before he heads off to school in the morning? Recipe to follow.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just gone on a little rabbit hole of Monroes YT channel and nearly died laughing at (the equally odious) Eamon Holmes at 1 minute 50 onwards looking like he’s trying really hard not to
vomit while watching her mix baby sick with milk into a pasta sauce
I remember seeing this live 😫

I'm most disturbed by the chicken dish at the end. That chicken looks grey.

Ruth and Eamonn are masters at the non reaction to slop. No natural reaction of mmmm on their faces at all. Pros.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I remember seeing this live 😫

I'm most disturbed by the chicken dish at the end. That chicken looks grey.

Ruth and Eamonn are masters at the non reaction to slop. No natural reaction of mmmm on their faces at all. Pros.
The chicken looks dire.

I think the most they can muster for the salmon pasta is “you can taste salmon flavour”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Four hours minimum.... She'll need to get up at 4.30. or.... Stay in a hotel. It costs a lot of money to discuss poverty
Or just turn up late in the pleather leggings, dirty boots, and pov jumper combo we’ve come to love so much. Maybe throw on the £300 jacket to talk about poverty.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Still Grunking but what an excellent find @Valiofthedolls mucho good material to be mined from all her sad, snippy, mendacious comments.

A few faves thus far;

View attachment 1752182
Also you are an idiot, you cannot make risotto with long grain rice.

View attachment 1752190
I know I am, but what are you Jack?

Also some bonuThrowing Mammy under the bus

View attachment 1752192

An early suitcase in the hall drama. Told her readers indeed.View attachment 1752194

Hmmm not sure if this has proved to be entirely truthful (speculation m’lud)

View attachment 1752198

Curious 🧐

View attachment 1752219
Trying to defend herself from an accusation of racism with a whole lot of stereotypes and micro-aggressions.

A great Jack back catalogue with remixes of old favourites and some deep cuts.
I thought the first was a blog post--but it's a Guardian piece? What bleeping editor let that get through? Or was her tone considered cheeky and acceptable because she was, ahem, working class? What a bitchy bleep.

Also, being a published cookbook author doesn't mean as much as Jack states--her cookbooks aren't based on a career of study and work in food. They are based on a character she developed. Which means that plenty of other home cooks have better cooking skills than Jack (or skills in different cuisines). Not surprisingly. But her skin is so thin and her ability to engage is so lacking (not because she's on the spectrum as she would have it but because mean girls never do learn great social skills). Most people who love food love to talk about it. And don't write about it as "I made this thing. And duck you."

Thin-skinned, dirty-handed bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Someone explain to me because I don’t understand. She went to grammar school, not some massively expensive private school.
Entry was by exam and yet her and her brother are the only ‘poor’ children to have made their way in? Yes?

Everyone there, bar them was massively wealthy? So she couldn’t be friends with them.

We have a family member who is sending their child to a very expensive city private school. They are not wealthy and have normal jobs. There seems to be no judgment at all and child has friends.
Friend teaches at an incredibly expensive school and lots of children there on scholarship. Why did Jack go to the only school in the world with only rich families?
My dad and uncle went to one of the expensive grammar schools on full scholarships and were fine socially.
What's your estimated £££ value on 20k songs dear heart?

Seeing as we're dredging up old posts and mentioning agirlcalledjack.com etc. could I soflty, gently urge fraus to archive any useful or informative pages using both of the following:
You don't neccessarily need to post the archive links here just getting it in the system is enough.
If a website doesn't play ball (e.g. facebook, linkedin, instagram etc.) then this one is often better:
I would normally say archiving things that Jack controls like her website is more important but I've made a full mirror of her current wordpress website jackmonroe.com / cookingonabootstrap.com (same thing), so anything on there right now is not at risk of being completely lost to the sands of time as such. But she has deleted many pages so far, and given time I think she will switch personas again, winding up the 'cooking on a bootstrap' brand like she did for her 'a girl called jack' brand (hence maybe deleting the website etc.).
God knows, I pirated everything or bought/borrowed the CD and ripped it 😂 99p for singles and £9.99 for albums?

Reactions: 21
someone has put a picture of the house plan of the crappy bungalow on haunted bird. Wow it’s big isn’t it. The storage in the bathroom alone!

Well that confirms I did in fact triangulate 🔺 the crappy bungalow-not-bungalow yesterday, because those plans match exactly. That's what you get for posting every detail of your life online, including photos of the skip in your driveway that you've hired because you're a thieving hoarder - people with plenty of time on their hands will painstakingly and forensically pick apart your lies just for the satisfaction of confirming you're a lying bleep!!

Btw, if anyone has seen the floorplans and is confused, the big room UPSTAIRS in the BUNGALOW is marked as bathroom, but is in fact the master bedroom.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Four hours minimum.... She'll need to get up at 4.30. or.... Stay in a hotel. It costs a lot of money to discuss poverty
However, travelling by train might give her a "legitimate" excuse for a no-show. As in, train was late, train was already full when it got to the station, train broke down en route, etc etc

ETA: and accompanied by a rant about how the Tories have destroyed affordable and reliable transport for the povs who don't have cars

She’s been up all night since her very -obviously-engineered meeting at the paint shop
I'm surprised - no, really, I am - that a lefty equality-supporting media outlet like the Guardian doesn't have some kind of "unwaged or underemployed" price option to attend its online events. It's not an in-person event, it's not going to cost them any more to offer some reduced-price places.
Oh honey, the Guardian are poor. Didn’t you see them grifting every time you click on a link?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Evening fraus. I’ve been have a little bit of a late night musing about Jack and her grief vulture tendencies/ appropriating of other people’s trauma/ pathological lies and it’s been ringing a little bell. She reminds me somewhat of Tania Head, the woman who for years was one of the leading figures of the survivors of 9/11 after she lost her husband in the attacks and barely made it out alive herself. Except none of it was true. She wasn’t even in the country that day.

She had sucked up the real survivors stories and become one of them. No one dared question it because you don’t want to be that hole and the threat of her poor mental health was also deployed as a deflection strategy. There’s plenty of articles and a good documentary about it if anyone is interested and doesn’t know the story already.

i see so many similarities between her and Jack, although there was never any indication that she made money out of it. Whereas I would suggest that Jack has made a fortune out of it.

Apologies for the tangent… as you were.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.