Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ETA: quote post
No idea about the other blog. I've seen reference to Twitter comments by the brother but if they existed, they've gone now. What I do have a receipt for is Jack giggling about how her brother worries about his mates "jacking off" to her picture in the paper.

From 21:58 minutes in.

:sick:
Oh she does say about the brother and his IDS love in that: "we nearly had a dust-up on Boxing Day" "I'd had a sherry and I was like let me at ya" with fisty gestures. (Not those kind)

Maybe that's where the story of punching her brother comes from? It sounds a bit like it's evolved in the retelling, either by her or her, ahem, detractors 😂 ?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Omg, do we think she was actually lurking outside his shop hoping to bump into him?? Ahahaha
In imaginary Jackland, maybe.

I mean, what shopkeeper at the end of a long day *doesn't* close up and then open the door again to help a smol pixie who can't afford to paint her flat for the first time ever 🥺?

I agree with the previous suggestion that this is just a made-up cover story to explain the lavish wallcoverings that will appear in the pix of the new flat. If that story doesn't wash, then we will get something along the lines of "he gave me leftover paint that was going to go in the skip DO YOU WANT ME TO STOP BREATHING"

• Haha
Reactions: 46
One HUNDRED percent.
Oh God, that poor man. My long study of the Monroebeast leads me to conclude that her main flirting method involves intense staring and horrifying sex bantz should the staring draw a favourable response.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Did too.
Also, SHADE!
View attachment 1750424
(@Knitonepurlone immortalized in screenie).

And just for @Marmalade Atkins cos it’s even more of an Easter delight than foil wrapped mini eggs for 12 year old boys, from the same thread and always a true delight. Marm’s fave (and true Marm artistry)

View attachment 1750428
I know the left photo is meant to be facetuned Best Life Jack, but I find this version of her quite unappealing. The eyes are a little too intense. I want to describe them as 'cavernous' but that's usually a description for mouths. Her eyes look as though they contain their own eyes and those second eyes are peering out from beneath her top eyes. You could say that 'the eyes have eyes'. The lip-nose junction is just confusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ehh I got mine for like £50 in 2008 or something and by 2012 nobody wanted them. It was only once Apple stopped making them in 2014 that they were worth selling but she'd moved herself in with an actual millionaire by then. What gets me is that she'd paid for 20k songs 😭 what a bleeping boomer.
What's your estimated £££ value on 20k songs dear heart?

Seeing as we're dredging up old posts and mentioning agirlcalledjack.com etc. could I soflty, gently urge fraus to archive any useful or informative pages using both of the following:
You don't neccessarily need to post the archive links here just getting it in the system is enough.
If a website doesn't play ball (e.g. facebook, linkedin, instagram etc.) then this one is often better:
I would normally say archiving things that Jack controls like her website is more important but I've made a full mirror of her current wordpress website jackmonroe.com / cookingonabootstrap.com (same thing), so anything on there right now is not at risk of being completely lost to the sands of time as such. But she has deleted many pages so far, and given time I think she will switch personas again, winding up the 'cooking on a bootstrap' brand like she did for her 'a girl called jack' brand (hence maybe deleting the website etc.).

• Heart
Reactions: 48
No idea about the other blog. I've seen reference to Twitter comments by the brother but if they existed, they've gone now. What I do have a receipt for is Jack giggling about how her brother worries about his mates "jacking off" to her picture in the paper.

From 21:58 minutes in.

:sick:
bleeping hell 😂. THE EGO HAS LANDED. Throwing shade at the amazing fire service community work that I mentioned earlier. That REDUCES risk.twit.

What's going on with her left eye?
IT'S HER HUMAN SKIN SUIT SLIPPING AND THE ALIEN EYE POPPING OUT. I keep saying this 😭.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Omg, do we think she was actually lurking outside his shop hoping to bump into him?? Ahahaha
I think it happened like this:

Arrives at shop just as bloke is locking up (with his keys in hand)

Jack: Hi, Good you’re still open.I called earlier and asked if you had some of that well expensive wallpaper that stays up with cellotape.
Him: Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Wow. Even if that first encounter over the mother’s pride slices was true (ofc it wasn’t), the sheer arrogance of believing 15 years later they remembered that conversation or who she was.

Marching about displaying up by her fictional epaulettes of self importance.
Um, hello, I'm drunk and grunk(ing), so this may already have been suggested, but please can BIB be the next thread title?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
i wonder if Jack's brother confronted her over her blatant lies about their childhood?

I'm an only child so can't really say for sure, but surely it would piss you off to see your sibling talking absolute bollocks about their upbringing?

Yeah I always wonder if people think I'm an absolute prick with my liberal use of tender one.
Tender three tin can man chef of the year, dear heart Geetbo. ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
ETA: quote post

Oh she does say about the brother and his IDS love in that: "we nearly had a dust-up on Boxing Day" "I'd had a sherry and I was like let me at ya" with fisty gestures. (Not those kind)

Maybe that's where the story of punching her brother comes from? It sounds a bit like it's evolved in the retelling, either by her or her, ahem, detractors 😂 ?
Yeah she claimed she decked in her boring me rail at Annunziata Rees Mogg, though she deleted this in later updates. Probably after her brother saw it and grassed her up to mum.

1669152406826.png

Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/2020081...rice-of-potatoes-and-the-value-of-compassion/

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I’ve decided the shop episode, shopisode if you will, looked something like this
AFE6F82D-691C-4024-AE63-C1D1B38C7946.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I am absolutely, 100% convinced there's more to her lies and cons than we know. I mean bigger than Patreon, PayPal and Teemill. She's totally without a conscience and that makes me think she's dangerous. Again, more dangerous than we give her 'credit' for. The only self limiting factor is her huge ego. If she had been able to keep that in check, she'd still be grifting. Also, never in my forty plus years of life have I ever hated someone I don't know! But Monroe's managed to do that.

• Sad
Reactions: 66
What's your estimated £££ value on 20k songs dear heart?

Seeing as we're dredging up old posts and mentioning agirlcalledjack.com etc. could I soflty, gently urge fraus to archive any useful or informative pages using both of the following:
You don't neccessarily need to post the archive links here just getting it in the system is enough.
If a website doesn't play ball (e.g. facebook, linkedin, instagram etc.) then this one is often better:
I would normally say archiving things that Jack controls like her website is more important but I've made a full mirror of her current wordpress website jackmonroe.com / cookingonabootstrap.com (same thing), so anything on there right now is not at risk of being completely lost to the sands of time as such. But she has deleted many pages so far, and given time I think she will switch personas again, winding up the 'cooking on a bootstrap' brand like she did for her 'a girl called jack' brand (hence maybe deleting the website etc.).
Songs were 79p each on iTunes back in the day.

I deeply resented every 79p I actually had to pay because the dodgy services around back then didn’t have whatever it was.

Even allowing for songs ripped from CDs and songs bought as part of albums, if she bought even 1000 of them individually that’s what £790?

TLDR - thousands of pounds if she did buy then all.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.