Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was this what you are on about?

It was the Manics who had their own toilet. Billy took the piss out of them (no pun intended) - someone else has commented to that effect on the YT clip too, apparently it was called "crappergate" :ROFLMAO:

Doesn’t reflect well on the Manics but it’s true he’s technically no singer.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just watched, or part watched the happy mum happy baby podcast

Monroe is infuriating, not only did she barely talk about her son, preferring instead to talk about me, me, me but she referred to her friends as hapless and infantilised them in her comments

The point when I had to turn off was when she said that she didn't let her friends know that she wasn't eating or that she was unscrewing light bulbs to save energy (just leave them off, moron - why unscrew them). There is no chance that this happened

Monroe, you know if you're reading this (which you will be) that at the same time as you claimed abject poverty you were often in the Railway pouring pints down your neck and eating takeaways at the end of the night. Not once were you unable to afford to pay your way

Also, your mum and dad would not let you starve. They looked after 100 foster children (that weren't parented by you as you claim), and you say that they fed them but would not feed you. It makes no sense

Narc of the highest order. Evident in everything you do

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
Also, people who have witnessed the kind of trauma she claims to have witnessed in the fire service would never talk about it in the way she does. “What’s the worst thing you’ve ever seen” never gets an honest response from anyone who has seen/heard anything truly horrifying. You tuck that tit away tight.
Absolutely. It wouldn't be be stuck on a blog for a few dirty coins or to score a few hits on SM. That's just not the way you do things.
I could launch into a big thing about why this is my aneurysm but I won't, I'm not a lying bleep.
I will say this though.. If you're from that background, you know all this. There is a culture, even still, that doesn't ask, doesn't talk. But you know where the line is and it's never crossed, not for anything. We deal in dark, black humour, but we don't ever cross that line.
The Grenfell blog is a massive punch to the gut for anyone but her family definitely needed to step in then IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Absolutely. It wouldn't be be stuck on a blog for a few dirty coins or to score a few hits on SM. That's just not the way you do things.
I could launch into a big thing about why this is my aneurysm but I won't, I'm not a lying bleep.
I will say this though.. If you're from that background, you know all this. There is a culture, even still, that doesn't ask, doesn't talk. But you know where the line is and it's never crossed, not for anything. We deal in dark, black humour, but we don't ever cross that line.
The Grenfell blog is a massive punch to the gut for anyone but her family definitely needed to step in then IMO.
Word.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Probably already addressed but her spat with her brother has as many different versions as all her other stories.
Sometimes it happened at Christmas, sometimes it was at a family wedding. Sometimes he says 'it's all your fault that you're poor' and sometimes 'should've kept your legs shut'. (Please don't confuse this with the time she claims Michael Portillo told her the same thing, especially as this incident was recorded and there is proof he said no such thing. )
In all versions Jack claims she punched her brother. Although sometimes this is reported as being a slap.
Sometimes he falls over as a result of the assault and sometimes he just runs off embarrassed.
In all versions Jack ends with 'needless to say, I had the last laugh'
Dearheart, there is also the version where she punched him because he said that Iain Duncan Smith was the best thing that ever happened to this country.

That’s how I know the story is bullshit because not even the toriest Tory ever would say that IDS was the best thing ever to happen to this country (the correct answer in that case would be Winston Churchill, surely).

In fact the only person who’d plausibly say that Iain Duncan Smith ever happened to this country would be Iain Duncan Smith. Is….is Jack’s brother….OH MY GOD!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
What in all that is possessed and unholy happens at 1.55? It is ALARMING.
I thought that watching it on x2 playback speed would help get through it more quickly, all it did was amplify the cringe a thousand fold. She’s absolutely off her face.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Pretty sure it was the other way round and it was the Manics who had the luxury toilets.
Even better if true. I wouldn't want to share my shitter with Billy Bragg and possibly Jack monroe. I bet she's the type to flush twice but still leave a nugget in the bowl. And just leave it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36

Monroe is infuriating, not only did she barely talk about her son, preferring instead to talk about me, me, me but she referred to her friends as hapless and infantilised them in her comments

The point when I had to turn off was when she said that she didn't let her friends know that she wasn't eating or that she was unscrewing light bulbs to save energy (just leave them off, moron - why unscrew them). There is no chance that this happened

Monroe, you know if you're reading this (which you will be) that at the same time as you claimed abject poverty you were often in the Railway pouring pints down your neck and eating takeaways at the end of the night. Not once were you unable to afford to pay your way

Also, your mum and dad would not let you starve. They looked after 100 foster children (that weren't parented by you as you claim), and you say that they fed them but would not feed you. It makes no sense

Literally lol, she never shuts the duck up about how poor she is, in fact, she actively lies and exaggerates about how poor she is 😂. If there was any chance she was so broke she was forced to unscrew the light bulbs (which cost like 1p an hour to bleeping run), you can bet your bottom dollar that she would literally be letting the entire world know about it. So funny how she always tells these stories months after the event has supposedly happened.

Reactions: 41
You mean you don’t believe the Queen of oversharing didn’t tell everyone she was starving. Shocked I am 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32

I feel like there’s more tea where this came from…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
💥 Here it is! Most of her “food” is back in 2014ish, but she was happy to argue about everything she’d written, so it’s a “painstakingly marauding cacophony” of comments that makes her look a right nob/completely vile actually.

EDIT: some are deeply offensive and potentially triggering including on first page, so just WARNED before clicking
Archived because lmao
This actually looks much worse on the guardian because not only was she writing dross she was being a complete prick to the commenters, some of which are extremely valid and fair
Jack flying off the handle about the metaphor 'firefighting' being an excellent one

ETA she really is thick as dogshit
I'm still baffled by the "I'm a well educated young woman" comment, but you're just not though? Nothing wrong with 'only' having GCSEs, but to call her out here makes you look like a twit, she know's what she's doing

Reactions: 50
Lads, I'm sorry for all the serious rants. I've had a mediocre bath where my £6 CBD bomb was less than effervescent. I haven't even had a sniff of my vino collapso nor watched that video yet. So, do I watch it or will I go full 'littleredfellaangrypixargif' ?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Oh duck off jack. There's nothing wrong with her self confidence. She genuinely thinks she is as brilliant at singing...again...as she is at everything else.

And billy Bragg?! He was a hypocritical has been two decades ago. I'm 48 and he was a good few years before my time.

I will never forget an anecdote told by nicky wire from the manics about the first time they did Reading Festival and Billy Bragg had his own luxury portaloos that nobody else was allowed to use. So from the stage, NW called him a 'big nosed bleep' 🤣🤣🤣
That’s weird as I had heard the same story about the manics having their own loos at Glastonbury!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just had a little poke about and discovered her Mum and I share mutual Facebook friends! I’ve got friends and family in Southend 🔺 so it’s not that surprising but did make me lol. Six degrees of separation and all that.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Lads, I'm sorry for all the serious rants. I've had a mediocre bath where my £6 CBD bomb was less than effervescent. I haven't even had a sniff of my vino collapso nor watched that video yet. So, do I watch it or will I go full 'littleredfellaangrypixargif' ?
Don't let her upset you. She's an hole. I'd watch the video. It's hilariously bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.