Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which is worse:
Mariah Carey Jack
Downstairs neighbour Jack
or
Direct report Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
My 🔺 skills are not up to scratch. I have no idea how you’re finding the Caroline who isn’t Caroline who does and doesn’t have hands. Humph. 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Can't grunk cos I'm BUSY but occurred to me that maybe she's deactivated Twitter to stop folk checking in on her daily sobriety. Cos she ain't any more.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Not only is it a lie, but this "strategy" doesn't make any sense. Buying several skinny carrots by weight means you're also paying for every carrot's greenery, and you'll also get less carrot after they're peeled. Buy one big carrot instead and (gasp, what a concept) save some money while getting more carrot.
Real poors peel their carrots at the self serve checkout. I don’t go anywheres wivout me trusty peeler, guv

• Haha
Reactions: 65
It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

She's finished on the haunted bird hellscape. (Never really understood why she spent so much time on it when she always speaks in such derogatory terms about it)

She's burnt all bridges with the celeb cooking community

Even the Graun have fucked her off.

She might have to pull out a Christmas song duetting with RSM.
Is she following through with a christmas poo this year? Asking for a friend?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Not only is it a lie, but this "strategy" doesn't make any sense. Buying several skinny carrots by weight means you're also paying for every carrot's greenery, and you'll also get less carrot after they're peeled. Buy one big carrot instead and (gasp, what a concept) save some money while getting more carrot.
She really is very bad at basic maths, isn't she? That's the sort of thing that a 7 year old should be able to figure out!

Reactions: 35
I believe it was the art director. Which actually might explain a lot
The only art director I can find credited in Jack's books is Andrew Barron/thextension in COAB. This work isn't mentioned on his website or archive despite other cookbooks he's worked on being highlighted.
Makes you think

@That Forensic Man - re timings, I believe as @colouredlines said, the timeline goes something like this:
xmas 2011 - pov in small flat, no jam, much cry
xmas 2012 - Sunday people article and bbc video thing, much jam
xmas 2013 - jam today, jam tomorrow, celebration of the miracle that is Jack, much grift
Thank you dear heart, I've been thinking about how Jack managed to pull this all off and it's not without help. That brings me to a couple of things I noticed in this collage from 2014 on her old website agirlcalledjack.com (source https://archive.ph/6fBb4)

1669060181609.jpeg

First she cropped out Billy Bragg, bit weird

ApplicationFrameHost_W97iCJrOGr.png

Secondly she's got a tab open for 'Max Clifford' something
Makes you think

PJr7y1Yz1T.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Jack also clarified that the Tiffany earrings, which magically disappear when she uses portrait mode on her phone, were a present from Old Harold. She USED to have a pair of Etsy dupes, which she simultaneously was never photoed wearing; and at the same time was scorned for. Maybe by Michael Portillo, or Edwina? - details are hazy.
BiB:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Can't grunk cos I'm BUSY but occurred to me that maybe she's deactivated Twitter to stop folk checking in on her daily sobriety. Cos she ain't any more.
If Jack started tweeting about having several bottles of tequila stocked up for new year's, the Squigs wouldn't question it and would ask if they could join her. They have memories of goldfish and that's what she's always depended on. People with memories (us) finding somewhere to discuss it (here) has absolutely blown her mind. What I mean to say is the only people who check on anything she says or keep an eye on the sobriety count, are us! Of course though, anyone noticing a discrepancy in detail is 'obsessed'.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
100% certain she isn't moving to a one bedroom flat. What I'm sure she'll do is limit any photos to give the impression of it being a small and oh so cosy little place (with freshly painted walls, naturally). But she'll slip up. She won't be able to resist a humblebrag about something or other that will clearly show she's got plenty of rooms.

Can someone explain tax free matched betting to me? It sounds a little shady. Apologies if it's all above board.
Afaik it’s not shady as in illegal but it gives me the heeby jeebies from my readings 🕵🏻‍♀️ on Reddit it’s synonymous w that spiteful frugal net wealth calculating in ur early 20s / FIRE / weird online community of men that draw up financial agreements with girlfriends who stay twice a week and act like you’re a dumb dumb for not wanting an engagement ring made out of can pulls and cat litter. Hence getting bad vibes from it? But big ups any individual who isn’t like that who makes money from it, more power to u 💪🏻❤

• Haha
Reactions: 28
My 🔺 skills are not up to scratch. I have no idea how you’re finding the Caroline who isn’t Caroline who does and doesn’t have hands. Humph. 😉
I think it was via a search for the company she used to work for when she had hands. (Delete if not allowed, mods)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've never been on the first page before and not sure how to TLDR this, but someone posted the acknowledgements from previous books - I can't help but laugh that one of the foodie friends is the King's stepson. Very relatable.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Also, not sure if she has added this as a result of the thread, but she has Caroline in her name now. I thought it was a parody at first.
I think it was via a search for the company she used to work for when she had hands. (Delete if not allowed, mods)

• Wow
Reactions: 24
The only art director I can find credited in Jack's books is Andrew Barron/thextension in COAB. This work isn't mentioned on his website or archive despite other cookbooks he's worked on being highlighted.
Makes you think

Thank you dear heart, I've been thinking about how Jack managed to pull this all off and it's not without help. That brings me to a couple of things I noticed in this collage from 2014 on her old website agirlcalledjack.com (source https://archive.ph/6fBb4)

View attachment 1749668

First she cropped out Billy Bragg, bit weird

View attachment 1749671

Secondly she's got a tab open for 'Max Clifford' something
Makes you think

View attachment 1749675
Max Clifford was sentenced in 2014, so she was probably just reading a news article TBH.

I don't think there is some grand conspiracy behind Jack's rise to (sort of) fame. She clearly wanted to be famous, but it largely seems to have been a case of right place, right time.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Real poors peel their carrots at the self serve checkout. I don’t go anywheres wivout me trusty peeler, guv
You joke, but I remember her saying how, when doing the 'on the breadline week' for charity, she peeled paper layers from onions before paying for them to save a penny or so (I doubt it saved anything)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I can’t bloody find Caroline not Caroline and it’s making me cross. Humph.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
100% certain she isn't moving to a one bedroom flat. What I'm sure she'll do is limit any photos to give the impression of it being a small and oh so cosy little place (with freshly painted walls, naturally). But she'll slip up. She won't be able to resist a humblebrag about something or other that will clearly show she's got plenty of rooms.

Can someone explain tax free matched betting to me? It sounds a little shady. Apologies if it's all above board.
Fully above board my dearest - I've done it for a few years now.🔺
It's basically using bookmakers' free bet offers to profit from - you place a bet, get a free bet in return, then make profit from the free one. There's no gambling involved because you're actually "laying off"each bet (matching it) on a betting exchange (not to be confused with bookmakers as they work slightly differently). Some people make an awful lot of money from it - the most I reached was around £800/month, but then I've had the odd time when I've made a lot more, others a lot less. There is one company I would recommend for anyone wanting to look at it in detail - the intro videos can explain it a lot better than me - but I'm not sure if I'm allowed or not. x

@Brian Butterfield I've just come back to this and found that I have almost 40 mutual Facebook friends 🔺with "Caroline~not Caroline~" :oops: - good job I no longer post in the relevant groups. She is very silly having SO much private stuff on a public profile, especially now, given her links to Jacko, when people may be looking her up! 😇 Unless she's ignorant as to what's happening with smol gobshite at the moment, of course.:unsure: Assuming the "Caroline" on here isn't the real thing, which I think we established was the case (hi Jack!).

GREAT thread title by the way! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

#jackmonroegrifter

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Max Clifford was sentenced in 2014, so she was probably just reading a news article TBH.

I don't think there is some grand conspiracy behind Jack's rise to (sort of) fame. She clearly wanted to be famous, but it largely seems to have been a case of right place, right time.
Yeah. I've said before and I know other have too. She just wanted to be famous. So anything would have done - reality TV, Instagram Influencer and all the things that lead from that <whispers> including Strictly 🥺. Which she's hinted at many times 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.