Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve noticed that Molly and some of the regular squigs have been sending money to and promoting the woman who published the DMs with Jack and has posted a GoFundMe with the horrifying picture of her (alleged) husband’s gammy leg. I haven’t read her page but surely this is just the same tit but on a different scale? Write with great emotion about a crappy situation and watch the pounds roll in. Kudos to the people giving sensible advice and signposting services to this lady but how on earth does giving money to this unvetted, total stranger on the internet differ from how Jack started out?

A while back Molly also posted a fundraiser for some follower to bring a bleeping stray cat back from abroad and I raised my eyebrows tbh because this is a person who already talks about her precarious financial situation/has an Amazon wishlist etc so why get a frigging cat? I wrote it off as a cat lover (Molly) being soft but now it’s happened twice - what is the point of writing about grifting and then amplifying lower level grift?! Giving on an individual basis does NOTHING. Find a charity or org which directly addresses these problems on a structural basis or you’re as bad as all the centrist twats funding Russ Jones and Supertanskii and Jack.

There’s a Russian doll effect with these internet beggars. There’s always someone waiting to take the place. I don’t know if any of you remember that “Hope Shiloh” who’s the one who coined in £5k from her “I can’t make my £20 budget stretch” tweet then deactivated, but there was some woman in the replies who’s also a prolific internet beggar saying “I only ask for it when I really need it”, and people replying sympathetically. Er, how about duck off, because you’re exactly the same?

Honestly, I’m fuming that Molly is either thick enough, or a grifter-in-waiting herself, to be using all of the material Tattle has spent years archiving to then perpetuate this fucked up dynamic of “boo hoo give me some money and duck anyone who doesn’t have the same grasp of emotive English or access to the internet to groom a sympathetic following all day because I matter more”.

duck it all. Fury.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 129
Place a bet on team A to win on Bet fair.
Place a bet for team A to lose on Betfred.

Either way you 'win'

If, however, one of the bets was a free promotional free bet, you win more.

So a free bet on team A to win
A paid bet on team A to lose.
If team A win, you've covered your loss and made a profit.

People can win some good cash, but the people who make big bucks at matched betting are the website owner's that automate all the bets for people for a percentage of the winnings.
Off topic :)
I've never been involved in the automated stuff as the company I've been with for years never got involved in it, either. That said, there are some seedier ones out there. Groups I'm in (and friends who match bet) - many people were making £600-£1000/month. It's going to get harder IF the govt ruling on betting goes through though, as it won't differentiate between gamblers and matched bettors, which is a shame.

On topic - Jack Monroe grifter cannot cook. :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Hello! Been lurking for a while but first time poster. Can someone explain to me who Harold is? It’s been really bugging me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Well, I can't find Caroline with either hands, no hands, feet or anything else. Bah!

I wonder if she's one of the 'many' friends that Jack has roped into moving mountains of stuff to the enormous new house supposed one bedroom flat.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Hello! Been lurking for a while but first time poster. Can someone explain to me who Harold is? It’s been really bugging me!
He is the “other half” who she breadcrumbed about from Jan-May (?) this year who she scrupulously avoiding giving a gendered pronoun to because god forbid she should lose one of her oppression points, but turned out to be a handsome, wealthy, middle-aged man who worked in finance. She bragged about “their” (his) giant car and how “deliciously ordinary” he was. He then ditched her very suddenly. According to our sources when he found out what a mega-crank and pathological liar she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Me searching for ‘matched betting’ ‘Caroline’ and a hundred other things and still not finding her.
What does her name rhyme with? 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Yeah It'll be somewhere with a dining room, office or large kitchen/lounge/diner that can be separated off quite easily plus the bedroom will have an ensuite or something.

I've been pondering over how awful it will be for her new neighbours to find it's Jack moving in 😱.
Im sure we will soon find out. Hope it’s not next door to me

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’ve noticed that Molly and some of the regular squigs have been sending money to and promoting the woman who published the DMs with Jack and has posted a GoFundMe with the horrifying picture of her (alleged) husband’s gammy leg. I haven’t read her page but surely this is just the same tit but on a different scale? Write with great emotion about a crappy situation and watch the pounds roll in. Kudos to the people giving sensible advice and signposting services to this lady but how on earth does giving money to this unvetted, total stranger on the internet differ from how Jack started out?

A while back Molly also posted a fundraiser for some follower to bring a bleeping stray cat back from abroad and I raised my eyebrows tbh because this is a person who already talks about her precarious financial situation/has an Amazon wishlist etc so why get a frigging cat? I wrote it off as a cat lover (Molly) being soft but now it’s happened twice - what is the point of writing about grifting and then amplifying lower level grift?! Giving on an individual basis does NOTHING. Find a charity or org which directly addresses these problems on a structural basis or you’re as bad as all the centrist twats funding Russ Jones and Supertanskii and Jack.

There’s a Russian doll effect with these internet beggars. There’s always someone waiting to take the place. I don’t know if any of you remember that “Hope Shiloh” who’s the one who coined in £5k from her “I can’t make my £20 budget stretch” tweet then deactivated, but there was some woman in the replies who’s also a prolific internet beggar saying “I only ask for it when I really need it”, and people replying sympathetically. Er, how about duck off, because you’re exactly the same?

Honestly, I’m fuming that Molly is either thick enough, or a grifter-in-waiting herself, to be using all of the material Tattle has spent years archiving to then perpetuate this fucked up dynamic of “boo hoo give me some money and duck anyone who doesn’t have the same grasp of emotive English or access to the internet to groom a sympathetic following all day because I matter more”.

duck it all. Fury.
Agree. Doesn't sit comfortably with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Max Clifford was sentenced in 2014, so she was probably just reading a news article TBH.

I don't think there is some grand conspiracy behind Jack's rise to (sort of) fame. She clearly wanted to be famous, but it largely seems to have been a case of right place, right time.
Agreed, sometimes it's good to have a bit of the old

To see if anything shakes out
But I'm sure there was a publicist 'behind the scenes' planning the pov to mouthpiece to campaigner to author pipeline, with a few meaningless awards chucked in etc.
Jack fit that mold of being the acceptable face of pov they were looking for

Reactions: 27
As a flat dwelling frau it's got to be Downstairs neighbour Jack because you get all the Jacks 😱.
Mind you, Upstairs Neighbour Jack would be worse yet - can you imagine her a few centimetres above your ceiling, clattering around at 4am in her docs, jumping on and off bits of furniture, and co(o)king up a storm in the kitchen? Send earplugos.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
He is the “other half” who she breadcrumbed about from Jan-May (?) this year who she scrupulously avoiding giving a gendered pronoun to because god forbid she should lose one of her oppression points, but turned out to be a handsome, wealthy, middle-aged man who worked in finance. She bragged about “their” (his) giant car and how “deliciously ordinary” he was. He then ditched her very suddenly. According to our sources when he found out what a mega-crank and pathological liar she is.
ah thank you, Goat. Do we know who he actually was?

Reactions: 16
I’ve had a tattle-break for a few days and missed the chaos! Now I’m trying to work out whether it would be a good investment of my time to go back and read the missed threads, or just wait for the next chaos (probably in 2 weeks or so)…. Advice?

• Haha
Reactions: 29

duck it all. Fury.
Totally get you DG. As soon as I saw that Just Giving page it made me suspicious <<insert not another (online grifter) one GIF>>. What I will say is that I did some online stalking and her story definitely seems to check out to me (another person who really should lock down their FB profile tho).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 60

duck it all. Fury.
I totally get you. 100%.
i *despise* crowdfunders.
I laughed aloud; multiple times, at a comment on the sad lady’s page which said along the lines of ‘there’s something that’s a bit off about all of this and I don’t just mean the husbands legs’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Mind you, Upstairs Neighbour Jack would be worse yet - can you imagine her a few centimetres above your ceiling, clattering around at 4am in her docs, jumping on and off bits of furniture, and co(o)king up a storm in the kitchen? Send earplugos.
I'm still in shock at the revelation that Jack lived in a shared house for a few months. Imagine having her as a flat-mate :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
You joke, but I remember her saying how, when doing the 'on the breadline week' for charity, she peeled paper layers from onions before paying for them to save a penny or so (I doubt it saved anything)
I once worked in a pretty spenny deli and left some cling film on a piece of cheese (a v.posh one) and the customer complained as it added 1p to the price. She tried to joke it was ‘the principle’ but Jack reminds me of her so much. Pair of middle class twats

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
ah thank you, Goat. Do we know who he actually was?
Two Frauen (one of whom I think may have deactivated? Can’t find her. Jay Cloth Cow) and @Daisy191919 are friends of friends of him. He’s apparently extremely offline. Even the combined investigatory power of the Sad Little Hausfraus (TM) has not been sufficient to 🔺 him yet.

Harold, if you’re reading… *Homer Simpson patting couch gif*

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I've never been on the first page before and not sure how to TLDR this, but someone posted the acknowledgements from previous books - I can't help but laugh that one of the foodie friends is the King's stepson. Very relatable.
Lol yes. So anti-establishment.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I once worked in a pretty spenny deli and left some cling film on a piece of cheese (a v.posh one) and the customer complained as it added 1p to the price. She tried to joke it was ‘the principle’ but Jack reminds me of her so much. Pair of middle class twats
"Penny wise and pound foolish" right there.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.