Jack Monroe #428 Hold me closer, tiny grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ps not really looked at a photo of her kid before as generally his image is not posted on tattle, but saw that photo on the mail article, he is bloody lovely isn't he? Whilst she looks like a vengeful goblin sat there dead-eyed next to the performance cupboard.
It’s….ummmm….look, I know it is…..but….it’s just….perfect…..what?….oh, ok 😞 *shuffles away*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
*taps sign*

Reminder: Jack was not pretending to have cancer in the scarf photo. She was moaning about having covid to one of her followers.
Can the wiki be corrected then? Or is this CONTESTED? :)

Wiki says:
"Still poor: As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB. In December 2020 she started alluding to potentially having cancer, wearing a head scarf synonymous with chemotherapy whilst apparently undergoing routine tests after an abnormality was spotted on an x ray. "

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Can the wiki be corrected then? Or is this CONTESTED? :)

Wiki says:
"Still poor: As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB. In December 2020 she started alluding to potentially having cancer, wearing a head scarf synonymous with chemotherapy whilst apparently undergoing routine tests after an abnormality was spotted on an x ray. "
Yes, that needs removing.

The tweets were three months apart and unconnected.

Moaning about Covid in December 2020:
Screenshot_20220826-163537_Twitter.jpg

Three months later, March 2021:
248750C4-C2A0-4DE9-BD54-9261501B10C4_1.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Re the screen shot of the coffee & cake invite, I might be out of my lane here as a non parent but describing herself as a 'new mummy' with a 20 month old is odd is it not? I know from observation that early parenthood can be baffling but if I'd been at something for nearly 2 years I wouldn't consider myself a newbie. I have no actual point to make here other than 'eh?'
ps not really looked at a photo of her kid before as generally his image is not posted on tattle, but saw that photo on the mail article, he is bloody lovely isn't he? Whilst she looks like a vengeful goblin sat there dead-eyed next to the performance cupboard.
By all accounts from Jack he's a kind, intelligent, sensitive boy who takes an interest in lots of things - yet she still makes nasty comments about "funding" him and talks about how he's had to take care of her when she was drunk/injured/depressed. I really hope he does have more support from his dad and other family than Jack says

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
This must be why she’s so quiet, hard at work helping to update ‘her story’

5328D5ED-7E60-4C18-871B-EE5966446623.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I hate talking about her son. It makes me sad.

I canr comprehend kids needing to be the parents carers or scapegoats. Kids should just be kids.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
*taps sign*

Reminder: Jack was not pretending to have cancer in the scarf photo. She was moaning about having covid to one of her followers.
She knew exactly what she looked like though. It makes people stop their scroll. Covid doesn’t necessitate a headscarf.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
By all accounts from Jack he's a kind, intelligent, sensitive boy who takes an interest in lots of things - yet she still makes nasty comments about "funding" him and talks about how he's had to take care of her when she was drunk/injured/depressed. I really hope he does have more support from his dad and other family than Jack says
Of course he does, he has a loving father and (I hope) two sets of grandparents. Jack has never had a sense of irony but SB has 'funded' her as without that little boy she would never have been able to have started this whole horrible fantasy that has netted her hundreds of thousands of 💰

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I think the smartest move would be to move countries. Somewhere they don't know her, and start afresh. Just saying.
I know you may have posted this in jest but I've had a TERRIBLE DAY. It's ok. I'll survive 🥺😂. Anyway, I had a sneaky grunk earlier and did wonder whether she's been quiet because she's having plastic surgery. And THEN I thought maybe she's gone to Turkiye for a full on face/body reconstruction. And it amused me 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
It wasn’t long ago that JM said she was going to 10 AA meetings a week, and didn’t she also say it took her an hour and a half to get there and back on public transport, so I’m presuming the meetings are at least an hour long, so that would be 4 hours a day plus the 3 days when she goes twice, I’m not surprised she’s been unable to sort out her Patreon, she must be exhausted.
Oh and didn’t she also say she takes Content on more than one walk a day? I’m surprised she is ever home.
She’s probably so busy she hasn’t even seen the article. I hope someone helpfully tweets it at her, or she can read it on here. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Curiosity having got the better of me, I thought I'd see if I could find the earliest reference to "economy cooking" in historical newspapers, just to show how old the concept is. Haven't pinned it down yet, but by bizarre coincidence, it did turn up this from the Dorset County Chronicle & Somersetshire Gazette of 14 September 1843, advertising "E BROWN'S UNIVERSAL COOKING APPARATUS AUTOMATON ROASTING JACK." All the more remarkable given that I obviously didn't include "Jack" as a search term.

Roasting_Jack.jpg

"The Roasting Jack revolves as soon as placed before the fire, without the aid of weights or springs, and is not easily put out of repair."

Every home should have one.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I live a minute from Sainsbury’s and I went today in the pissing rain in my Birkenstocks. Solidarity, comrade, big sock want our toes us to STOP BREATHING.
My sister bought some cheap primark socks & wore them without washing first. She had an allergic reaction to the dye & had to wear flip flops during a rainy December as her feet swelled! The funniest bit was that I had to see a nurse at a stop smoking clinic and when I confessed I hadn’t managed to kick the habit she said ‘Oh bugger13, don’t stress-there’s always someone worse off. I saw a lady today whose feet were a right mess and she was having to wear flip flops in this weather due to an allergic reaction’ (and yes, it turned out my sister had been there earlier!). Stick that in your VBI Jack-cheap sock manufacturers dastardly plot to humiliate the povs (my sister stepped in a puddle and the flip/squelch noise flapping through town was 👌)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.