Jack Monroe #217 Fishi Sunak

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The amount of time she's not at the crappy bungalow shows SB isn't there with her full time. She can say he is all she likes. There's no way that Jack is the primary carer for that lad. The fact she could casually duck off for 16weeks without him shows she has so much support in place too. I don't know of anyone, even those with very relaxed custody arrangements, who could do that, even for a rehab type situation.

The more I think about that article, the more annoyed it makes me tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I live in germany, where you can get advent calendars for jam, pens, granola, rum and sex toys. If you need 24 of something, you can usually find it.
Morning Charles and welcome. Thanks for coming along and breaking the darkness that had fallen after Jacks article landed. This thread is usually full to the brim of absolute comedy so just head back to the last thread and have a giggle, youā€™ll also find yourself mentioned there. Can we claim you as our own now? Are you...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I am really pee'd off by the CPS reference. If SB is with Jack and she has been attending rehab whilst suffering with her mental health, there is no way she does not already have some level of involvement with SS, if this is the case she would not be calling it CPS, nor would she call it that if there had been a referral, so I call bullshit on it. Also, if someone here did actually contact SS, they did the right thing if SB was living with her as Jack has admitted she wasn't coping whilst she had SB in her care.

My family has some involvement with SS as my sister in law had a breakdown and was almost sectioned but a family member was able to move in to look after her and the children. SS became involved after that to ensure my SIL could cope, SS do not take children if they are loved and cared for. My eldest niece has a disabled child, she is a single parent, SS are always involved if you have a disabled child, my niece has asked for extra support so SS have provided it for her in various forms. SS are not the big scary child snatchers, they are there to help, something which Jack clearly needs.

These threads actually kicked off with the JO pile on, when she really went for him, before that, it was only one thread, from what I remember. DKL was the result of her pile on. Thankfully JO is well enough insulated to have seemingly been unaffected by the hoarders of twits that joined Jack in her tirade against him.

Jack has been really clever in the article, stating we talk about her looks, her adenoids and her other conditions but she doesn't mention that we believe her to be a liar, a grifter, an awful cook and a bully., amongst other things.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I would just warn Charles to be careful as Jack now knows his identity and she has in the past literally sent lawyer's letters to people she found out were posting here x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
The amount of time she's not at the crappy bungalow shows SB isn't there with her full time. She can say he is all she likes. There's no way that Jack is the primary carer for that lad. The fact she could casually duck off for 16weeks without him shows she has so much support in place too. I don't know of anyone, even those with very relaxed custody arrangements, who could do that, even for a rehab type situation.

The more I think about that article, the more annoyed it makes me tbh.
Exactly. One of the quotes in the piece was something like "okay so this place doesn't have horses" (or something like that) referring to the 'cheap' rehab facility - so there she is, in this rehab at the drop of a hat for 16 odd weeks which, like you say, just isn't possible for the majority and then at a cost of 3 grand every six weeks (price curtesy of @Veronicaaa) and yet she still can't help herself from painting a picture of misfortune. So she still manages to maintain that she is hard done by, and can never allow herself to be considered privileged, even at her so-called lowest. It's all so performance, as aways. This piece, this 'comeback' was being written and planned ages ago - it's why it sounds so polished. Queen manipulator, spinning the narrative to paint herself in just the *right* light, every angle considered.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
In short (because, letā€™s face it, we could all write three thousand word essays on this sort of nonsense) - there is way too much water under the bridge for one pity party article to make me sympathetic now. That ship has sailed.
I've been trying it this morning - believe me, you can't even write the skeleton of the story in three thousand words. This thing would be a book (if I could be bothered to spend that much time digging deep enough to be halfway acccurate, which isn't possible anyway given the source material).

Reactions: 28
My main reaction to the Diva Pdf was just plain anger that so many of you lovely Frauen were affected by it, I'm sending ā¤ to you all. Someone in the previous thread mistyped Mithering Ninnies as Mothering Ninnies and that's how I see you all...

In the past this 'article' would definitely have been in the Guardian, but hey, Jack knows her audience. She's made sure it reaches the dozens of rich older lesbians who still read Diva.

Looks like all Jack gave us for Titmas was a sack of coal.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Something that really made me laugh was ā€œwalking around the gardenā€ of her parentsā€™ home. Theyā€™ve done well to go from a kitchen that was a plank of wood across a staircase to a garden large enough for perambulation!

Obviously we all get annoyed with Jackā€™s constant woe-is-me-ing when it comes to her vast privilege of a lovely home and low-effort/high-paid jobs. But the tit she puts on her family is just so graceless. There are so many people of her age who have no parents, or have been cut off by family for whatever reason, or have to care for their parents, or support them financially (not for sympathy but for e.g. I spent a recent weekend in my v. mentally unwell mumā€™s home trying to tackle a persistent rodent problem caused by her inability to care for herself or her home).

She has financially stable, physically proximate and caring parents. Of course theyā€™ll have issues, Philip Larkin didnā€™t write his poem for nothing. But even now, theyā€™re still just a narrative device for her: a support system, a way to illustrate how sheā€™s been adrift for years. Same with her poor kid. But it was all of her own making and her own choice. So many people would kill to have even one parent who could help them out.

Even in this stage of supposed recovery she canā€™t show gratitude. Bodes well for future Tattle lolz but not for her recovery, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I dont think she should have written this article right now. Shes still in recovery and in very early days.

Her judgement might be clearer than it was but she still has a long way to go. Recovery from anything does not happen after a few weeks, its takes years.

Shes building a way to recovery but she still needs to work on herself. She needs to stop needing everyone else to make her feel anything about herself, she needs to OWN her tit and work on how past mistakes have let her down, she needs to stop the pity partying and actually make herself a decent role model for herself and her kid. We are one entity in her life, she can ignore us and carry on using us as an excuse is just that an excuse to ignore her own bad behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I would just warn Charles to be careful as Jack now knows his identity and she has in the past literally sent lawyer's letters to people she found out were posting here x
If I ever get one then the response will be that given in the case of Arkell v Pressdram.

For people who don't know Private Eye, said response being duck Off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Didn't Jack have a stay at the Priory? Funded by Allegra I think but I can't remember why she was treated there. After being at the Priory with real A list slebs, every other rehab will pale in comparison.

Especially because Jack didn't, actually, show their tits...
Somehow it reminds me of the time she didn't call Boris a lair on national TV.

If I ever get one then the response will be that given in the case of Arkell v Pressdram.

For people who don't know Private Eye, said response being duck Off.
I'd be tempted to use Jack's stock in trade 'Get fucked'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Especially because Jack didn't, actually, show their tits...
There was some cleavage but i dont think it was executed as well as the front cover. It was missing something. I dont know what.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So the TL/DR of it all is, she thought DKL was it, her step into a proper TV career.
The moment that would make her a 'star'.
She monumentally fucked it up and has been on a 'poor me' bender ever since.
Still no explanation as to why her recipes don't work or all her food is brown.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
There was some cleavage but i dont think it was executed as well as the front cover. It was missing something. I dont know what.
tits, it was missing tits.

i don't even like tits, but titmas day's been a bit of a let down on that front so far

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Ruling out the possibility of bone cancer and breathed 'not a word' on social media. Certainly dropped some hints though.
Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 11.33.13.png

28th December 2020, testing of the waters with appearance of a headscarf
Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 11.31.42.png

March 2021, request for a 'friendly oncologist'
Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 11.33.47.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 96
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.