Jack Monroe #428 Hold me closer, tiny grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am bisexual and have so much respect for lesbians, to the point where I try not to comment on Jackā€™s sexuality. But omg. I know lesbians can have been with men before they figure things out, and sometimes lesbians just canā€™t help but appreciate a man (Leo Dicaprio, or Michael Sheen I know from friends irl and on here).

But Jack has just got to the point where sheā€™s boy-crazy. Literal man old Harold, Burger Boy., all the online dating men she mentioned, her ā€œbodyguardā€, and now barber boy. What the actual duck?!
I donā€˜t know what you guys think, but to me this makes me feel like it empowers straight men to think they can ā€œturnā€ lesbians.

(genuine apologies if this doesnā€™t make sense, especially since itā€™s such a sensitive topic. Iā€™ve had wine).
Yeah. She needs to be honest with herself that sheā€™s actually bisexual.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Iā€™m sure she went to the non binary co-operative hair shop in Shoreditch when she was in the aparthotel for dayhab. Now sheā€™s promoting Kings and Queens. ETA not that sheā€™s the enby police, but itā€™s kind of reductive for such a LGBTQAI+ nominee.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Question. Can you go into a unisex hairdressers and say I want the male cut? Is that even possible?

Reactions: 28
Ugh I hate that horrible patronising ā€˜little Turkish barberā€™ tit - itā€™s exactly the same as my motherā€™s crappy soft racism born of living in the same village for 75 years and barely ever meeting a non-white person. ā€˜The doctor was a nice little foreign chapā€™ for instance and you canā€™t really call her out on it because sheā€™s old and she will never grasp why itā€™s crappy because well she didnā€™t say anything nasty about him and god youā€™re so oversensitive I canā€™t say ANYTHING <sulks for a fortnight> so my sister and I just moan at each other about it in our parallel-to-the-family-whatsapp group chat instead.
The difference is your mother is old and hasnā€™t been exposed to other cultures by the sounds of it so although it might seem irritating I would stick up for your mum as Jack has had exposure to so much rich media and culture through her public profile she should know better what she has said.

(and I donā€™t mean to offend you dear heart xx)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The mould on the ceiling kitchen. Not moulding, actual black-spot mould :eek: And all the neatly folded kitchen towels and linens among the chaos.

That could be a really nice property for a buyer that has the time and the huge bankroll to do the renovations. The furniture in some of the rooms is beautiful.
I had a closer look and I think I've spotted skants hanging up and bog roll on the hob. Jack would love this kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You can askā€¦
Is it normal? I mean if the shop has a price list for ā€œLadies hairā€ and ā€œMenā€™s hairā€ does one go in and say- ignore my rather large chest you lil Turk, my hair is ALL men, so cut it like one of your French ladies men clients. If it was just a lil barbers like she pretended it was then yeah i could see that happening but itā€™s a unisex salon. Sheā€™s just a lying bleep

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Imagine painstakingly transcribing your conversation with your hairdresser onto twitter :ROFLMAO: for the love of god Jack, get some friends

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.