Jack Monroe #428 Hold me closer, tiny grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if this barber she's suddenly infatuated with let slip that he has a big house and sizeable assets? Run while you still can!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Ugh I hate that horrible patronising ‘little Turkish barber’ tit - it’s exactly the same as my mother’s crappy soft racism born of living in the same village for 75 years and barely ever meeting a non-white person. ‘The doctor was a nice little foreign chap’ for instance and you can’t really call her out on it because she’s old and she will never grasp why it’s crappy because well she didn’t say anything nasty about him and god you’re so oversensitive I can’t say ANYTHING <sulks for a fortnight> so my sister and I just moan at each other about it in our parallel-to-the-family-whatsapp group chat instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I’d expect a sharper transition or fade from a professional barber. Turkish barbers are particularly good at this. I reckon she’s done it herself with her Gillette. Or Contents clippers. (Grunking!)
Agreed it’s not a great ’do is it? Can see steps in it.

Reactions: 26
I like the Richard Bachman books (King wrote some books under that pseudonym).
The Long Walk in the Richard Bachman book, left quite an impression on me for a while. As did another SK novella in a book many years later called "The Things They Left Behind " about 9/11, there's a sentence in that that still haunts me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel like she’s “othering” him because he’s not a white Brit. Senses tingling.

ETA @Stormageddon snap
I think it was othering and a subtle put down calling it Lil. Especially now seeing the photo, that’s quite the salon he has there. A “lil” barbers has about two old red chairs and mirrors and a faded wooden sign

• Sad
Reactions: 63
I mean, it's nearly a month before Christmas, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.....

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Blimey, good point. It's a huge unisex salon/barber's and Jack makes it out to be some ramshackle teeny business, so grateful for the smol pixie's beautiful hair ( :rolleyes: ). She probably got a whiff of an accent or name. "Yeah, so my hair is Greek. Genes are Greek, innit! We're practically married, so foreign, the pair of us, eh?"

Gives me the ick.

• Sick
Reactions: 69
I think it was othering and a subtle put down calling it Lil. Especially now seeing the photo, that’s quite the salon he has there. A “lil” barbers has about two old red chairs and mirrors and a faded wooden sign
Yes but patronise and sexualise a man just doing his job.
Creepy McCreepy is back.

• Sick
Reactions: 74
I am bisexual and have so much respect for lesbians, to the point where I try not to comment on Jack’s sexuality. But omg. I know lesbians can have been with men before they figure things out, and sometimes lesbians just can’t help but appreciate a man (Leo Dicaprio, or Michael Sheen I know from friends irl and on here).

But Jack has just got to the point where she’s boy-crazy. Literal man old Harold, Burger Boy., all the online dating men she mentioned, her “bodyguard”, and now barber boy. What the actual duck?!
I don‘t know what you guys think, but to me this makes me feel like it empowers straight men to think they can “turn” lesbians.

(genuine apologies if this doesn’t make sense, especially since it’s such a sensitive topic. I’ve had wine).

• Heart
Reactions: 108
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.