Jack Monroe #425 Looking gormless in an egg chair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting self but I was on a mini-grunk earlier when I wrote that, and I’ve just clocked from Vali’s earlier post with the screen grabs (linked below) that far from saying she couldn’t afford her rent, Jack says she actually COULD afford the £725 per month, which blows my mind because none of us actual working poors in my social circle could have done that at the time. Even a whole decade on, and a decade in which both purchase and rental prices have massively increased in the town, the LHA rates are still ‘only’ £790 per month, which does indicate how toppy her rent was at the time.
Ten years ago I couldn't have afforded that, and I was on London wages (my mortgage was sub 500). What was she complaining about? The flat didn't come with a butler, maybe?

Reactions: 35
Here’s the complete post, from an earlier archive of her blog through late 2012. Interestingly, by the archive of her blog through August 2013, this and many other similar posts are gone.
https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...djack.com/2012/10/08/moving-house-in-a-yaris/

Also, from what earlier post that week… Why indeed? Errrr, me and multiple other people at your age without children had/have to you entitled little prick, because despite having a real degree and real job, I couldn’t afford to live my myself and had to have a flatmate. Speaks such volumes that she can’t even begin to fathom this

View attachment 1711549

Finally, she’s always been a little bleeping madam with notions way above herself. Without the slightest hint of irony… The media beginning to fall all over themselves to praise her blog=should be offered a job overseeing hospital food provision(s) in the UK. WTAAAAAAAAAAAAAF!!!!!

View attachment 1711554
Now at risk of sounding like an extravagant wanker I rented a 2 bed house when I was 24 ALL BY MYSELF. Mainly because, for work purposes, I moved an hour away from my friends and family on my own very shortly after splitting from my long term boyfriend and wanted people to be able to visit.
The rent was far cheaper than Jack’s flat though!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm very surprised that one of her exes hasn't gone to the papers with an exposé. Maybe the poor fuckers are too traumatised?

This keeps going around in my head, why has nobody done this? What hold/protection does she have?

Narcissistic shithouse.
From what Fraus have been open enough to share on here about dealing with narcissists, I think fear is a large part of it. If an ex or someone goes to the press, they'll call down the narc rage beyond all narc rages on themselves and might not have the brain space/emotional energy or physical energy to deal with that. Jack has also been massively enabled by sections of the press and it could be quite difficult to get them to unwind that past enabling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
And if you do have to pay, is that not the kind of thing PIP is for? (I get PIP, not being a bleep lol)
It’s supposed to be the kind of thing councils issue grants for. PIP is for the ongoing additional costs of being disabled. Not my specific area of expertise 🔺 but I work alongside people who have to persuade local councils to do their jobs and facilitate disabled people being able to live at home. Councils in the area we cover try very hard not to accept people as meeting thresholds, as they don’t want to spend the money. (Council budgets have been slashed to ribbons over the last 12 years, but I think they should prioritise stuff like adaptations in the budgets they’ve got.)

And speaking from family experience, getting the bare minimum council-funded adaptations if the council doesn’t fight you on them isn’t the same as getting good adaptions that will really help with independence. A moveable/knockable frame around your toilet isn’t the same as proper supports firmly attached to the wall and floor, for example.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack's opened my eyes so wide, I don't think I'll believe anyone on twitter asking for money, whatever their motive 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 65
It’s supposed to be the kind of thing councils issue grants for. PIP is for the ongoing additional costs of being disabled. Not my specific area of expertise 🔺 but I work alongside people who have to persuade local councils to do their jobs and facilitate disabled people being able to live at home. Councils in the area we cover try very hard not to accept people as meeting thresholds, as they don’t want to spend the money. (Council budgets have been slashed to ribbons over the last 12 years, but I think they should prioritise stuff like adaptations in the budgets they’ve got.)

And speaking from family experience, getting the bare minimum council-funded adaptations if the council doesn’t fight you on them isn’t the same as getting good adaptions that will really help with independence. A moveable/knockable frame around your toilet isn’t the same as proper supports firmly attached to the wall and floor, for example.
Ah that's fair, councils where I am must still be better from family experience. And apparently I'm dumb cause I would have looked at that sort of thing as "yes I have an ongoing need for it" 😂 but luckily I bought my house from an old lady who'd already had stuff done and even left me a perching stool.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Quoting self but I was on a mini-grunk earlier when I wrote that, and I’ve just clocked from Vali’s earlier post with the screen grabs (linked below) that far from saying she couldn’t afford her rent, Jack says she actually COULD afford the £725 per month, which blows my mind because none of us actual working poors in my social circle could have done that at the time. Even a whole decade on, and a decade in which both purchase and rental prices have massively increased in the town, the LHA rates are still ‘only’ £790 per month, which does indicate how toppy her rent was at the time.
Note how she says she can "apparently" afford her rent, though. I reckon that means being turned down for benefits or HB because she can "apparently" afford her rent (whatever it is, it's based on something someone else has said to her).
She does that kind of thing all the time, like when she refers to her "small patreon income" or "modest income", always has to throw these little things in to subtly imply she's not well off. Funny thing is, the genuinely not well off never really do this! When you're poor you kind of go out of your way not to appear poor!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
With the person, not *you*, dear heart.😊
As I said, I am probably wrong, but the wording they used seems a little unclear. Thanks to our favourite grifter I am suspicious of everybody now.😁
Honestly same. Following Jack has well and truely opened my eyes!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The person on Twitter who was hungry on the £20 shop and eating muesli bars for lunch has disappeared from Twitter - after making £7k in a week!
JFC, I knew they were a wrong un when I saw them on Twitter. The parallels with Jack were truly uncanny - the £20 shop, bad poetry, autism, applying for 50 jobs, a suicide attempt etc. I noticed yesterday that they had locked their account but their mentions today are now fully exposing the grift including another Twitter account under a different name. Never never give money to randoms on Twitter even if they are 'well known'.

Didn't Jack say that she was going to have another Big Sale of her personal items? The amount of seasonal crockery in her shed would fill a 1 bed flat all by itself. She must be moving to a decent sized 2 bed imo as there's no way our Poverty Princess would downsize to that extent.

I am really looking forward to her Heckin Big Move as it will hopefully expose more of her bullshit <rubs hands with glee>

Reactions: 62
Well of course she's ill now its time to crack on with the packing. Like those tightarses who are always in the bog when its their round.

Am sure the clever canal answered this ages ago but how do we know she doesn't rent reduced direct from daddy seeing as he's a landlord and she's Britain's number 1 bum.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The person on Twitter who was hungry on the £20 shop and eating muesli bars for lunch has disappeared from Twitter - after making £7k in a week!
So just imagine how much Jack with her higher profile & 500K followers has made.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Well of course she's ill now its time to crack on with the packing. Like those tightarses who are always in the bog when its their round.

Am sure the clever canal answered this ages ago but how do we know she doesn't rent reduced direct from daddy seeing as he's a landlord and she's Britain's number 1 bum.
No, it was confirmed that she has a landlady who inherited the house. Landlady apparently lives opposite, and Jack can’t have overnight visitors except for when she can.

I can just imagine Jack taking to her sick bed like a Victorian lady while her friends and family rally round to pack up her tit.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Note how she says she can "apparently" afford her rent, though. I reckon that means being turned down for benefits or HB because she can "apparently" afford her rent (whatever it is, it's based on something someone else has said to her).
She does that kind of thing all the time, like when she refers to her "small patreon income" or "modest income", always has to throw these little things in to subtly imply she's not well off. Funny thing is, the genuinely not well off never really do this! When you're poor you kind of go out of your way not to appear poor!
Assuming her first "proper" job was £27k a year, she's used to the idea that a starting salary is £2,250 (pre tax). With inflation, in today's money, that's like £2,800. That's more than the average UK salary today. I'm the same age as Jack, and have a masters degree and over 10 years of industry experience and still don't make that much. I first became aware of Jack in 2012 when I had my first job in publishing, my company was full of young women who all wanted to be writers so they were all blogging and in a blogging hemisphere, so were aware of Jack and would share her work around. They were all fawning over her, how hard she was working with a young kid, but I was instantly put off, we were the same age and I was earning minimum wage, which in 2012 was £11,000. She was unskilled, unqualified, and making almost 3k a month as a teenager. Her sense of what money is worth is completely out of whack.

I believe she fully fell for the Tory idea that if she was a jobless single mother, people would be bending over backwards to throw benefit money and houses at her. Since she didn't get it then, she still believes she's entitled to it, she's going to get her FREE UNEMPLOYED SINGLE MOTHER HOUSE one way or another.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
That is Glenn Close / Fatal Attraction level of cray
She also tweeted about washing it after it had died and blow drying the fur so she could keep a piece of fur in her wallet.
She tweeted Louisa something like 'I finally got a chance to use that Dyson hair dryer you bought me for my birthday ' about it.
Unhinged.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 97
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.