Jack Monroe #425 Looking gormless in an egg chair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to thread #425, the superbly apt title was created by @traumatised sideboard and nominated by @Fruitjack. Chapeau dear hearts, bowls of slop with dead pets or pet semitaries for you both of you (may the vegan Gods forgive me).

To be honest I don't have much of a recap as Jack has been so boring lately and I have entered a fugue state. I think 'she has tweeted some vintage bollocks, covered up her tit with more inane tweets and has an awful facetuned profile pic' about covers it.

Twitter remains unimpressed with the hoopy grifter, Patreon has potentially seen another drop. Jack issued a pathetic apology via Patreon after shamelessly deleting previous posts and negative comments (or was that a previous thread?). Typical behaviour of someone who definitely doesn't have something to hide.

The highlight however is the Slopalong thread where the Sadomasochists among us make Jack's 'dire recipes'. For those of you who are too sensible to join in, you can engage in Schadenfreude as the Sloppers suffer from taste bud and digestive related complaints. Join us if you dare.

Sorry about the recap, not my best work. Maybe my chunky not Mediterranean arse can save the thread provided I don't talk out of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
Thanks Peoply-Huv! Previous thread is located thisaway.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I want to apologise for posting that link to the ex barrister I’d hadn’t seen the racism towards Meghan

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I want to apologise for posting that link to the ex barrister I’d hadn’t seen the racism towards Meghan
You weren't to know. What I love about our threads is that when an issue like that crops up, people are really good about amending things and always willing to learn more.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
I’m just curious and can’t remember the twitter name but remember when Jack came in like a hero to hit the target fundraising with a couple of hundred quid for that disabled guy to buy the house? Did he buy the house or what happened with that?

• Sad
Reactions: 35
For all those considering buying an air fryer / slow cooker etc, it MIGHT be worth holding off for a few weeks if you can.

Most places inflate the prices the month before Black Friday so it looks more of a discount when the sales start.

I wouldn't want anyone paying over the odds

• Heart
Reactions: 92
I have a question. I guess it's rhetorical. We are told that Jack cannot lie, and is, as she claims, always very keen to correct inaccuracies whenever they occur. So then, how has she managed not to tell her mum she was expelled, for ~18 years? Even if her mum didn't notice, she's managed not to correct that inaccuracy, for nearly two decades? Until very recently.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I have a question. I guess it's rhetorical. We are told that Jack cannot lie, and is, as she claims, always very keen to correct inaccuracies whenever they occur. So then, how has she managed not to tell her mum she was expelled, for ~18 years? Even if her mum didn't notice, she's managed not to correct that inaccuracy, for nearly two decades? Until very recently.
I hope you’re not trying to insinuate that when Jack said she couldn’t lie, she was in fact lying?

• Haha
Reactions: 88
I’m just curious and can’t remember the twitter name but remember when Jack came in like a hero to hit the target fundraising with a couple of hundred quid for that disabled guy to buy the house? Did he buy the house or what happened with that?
Just looked him up and he’s still grifting fundraising despite now having a house (he raised 52k and bought a 25% shared ownership with a housing association owning the other 75%.
He moved in a few weeks ago. A quick glance at his Nitter feed tells me that he’s switched his fundraising back on because although his occupancy agreement says the housing association won’t pay for whatever adaptations he is looking for, he doesn’t think it’s fair that he should have to.

ETA: just found this on looking through his page. This is exactly why Jack donated £270 to him, tweeted him and then added her name to the donation on JustGiving.
528E0B9F-0F9F-4332-A845-8C683B02FC9B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Yes that is a puzzle. You'd think her parents would have asked how school was going at some point forcing her to confess.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I hope you’re not trying to insinuate that when Jack said she couldn’t lie, she was in fact lying?
I merely highlighted an inaccuracy that occurred to me about 10 mins ago.

I've often not said something, but haven't lied. E.g. I ate the last chocolate and hoped nobody noticed. That still means I haven't directly lied I guess, except perhaps by omission. But if you're the type of person that can't cope with untruths, how could you cope without correcting someone's mistaken assumption that you weren't expelled? Mostly I crack regardless. I end up having to Christmas shop late because I get all sweaty about the secret and tell people what I've got them if I start shopping now. 😂😂

Yes that is a puzzle. You'd think her parents would have asked how school was going at some point forcing her to confess.
Even if they didn't. The very fact that she says she corrects things that are wrong, well, from what she said, she didn't. For 18 years. So does she correct incorrect stuff after 18 years? Are we now a mere 16 years away from finding out how much patreon made in 2020?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
For all those considering buying an air fryer / slow cooker etc, it MIGHT be worth holding off for a few weeks if you can.

Most places inflate the prices the month before Black Friday so it looks more of a discount when the sales start.

I wouldn't want anyone paying over the odds
Excellent point. Shall wait.

Reactions: 31
Just looked him up and he’s still grifting fundraising despite now having a house.
He moved in a few weeks ago, to a shared ownership home. A quick glance at his Nitter feed tells me that he’s switched his fundraising back on because although his occupancy agreement says the housing association won’t pay for whatever he is looking for, he doesn’t think it’s fair that he should have to.

ETA: just found this on looking through his page. This is exactly why Jack donated £270 to him, tweeted him and then added her name to the donation on JustGiving.
View attachment 1709025
So I’m assuming he has a job as is a computer science graduate which would be an employable field. He has moved into his own home (looks like shared ownership) but part of home owning is that you have to pay for your own repairs, disabled or not. Why take on home ownership if you aren’t prepared to shell out for the costs associated.

Reactions: 60
I've just read the posts she made here a couple of years back for the 1st time...absolute pity party. Shes just so unpleasant and humourless. All that perpetual victim cry-arsing, her excuses for everything, even her AA experience was of course a sorry story. I'd bin someone like that faster than her crappuccino.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
So I’m assuming he has a job as is a computer science graduate which would be an employable field. He has moved into his own home (looks like shared ownership) but part of home owning is that you have to pay for your own repairs, disabled or not. Why take on home ownership if you aren’t prepared to shell out for the costs associated.
Indeed. And on looking at his JustGiving page, he’s said, a few days ago:

Big thank you to everyone who made a donation to help me repair my water heater, radiators and wet room window this week. I am currently waiting for a quote from a plumber and have been recommended a glazier by my housing association, whom I shall contact in the coming days. Please contribute and share to get these repairs done, enabling me to focus on making the garden wheelchair accessible and installing assistive tech

I mean, why would you raise money before you had a quote, and why in the winter months focus on the garden rather than essential repairs!
either way, this is massively off topic so I’ll stop now.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 89
Continuing win the Community/Britta parallels I'd like to quote Evil Abed and say

'You're average, Jack Monroe. You're every kid on the playground that didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1, Robocop 2, and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza.

Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Went to see a friend of mine today in Thorpe Bay, she lives near St Augustine church which is a really interesting building. I can say the area is far from crappy or poor and that I didn’t drive past any crappy looking bungalows. All looked really nice tbh and who knows, one of the them may have been hers.
The weather WAS very crappy though, ….rain, rain and more rain.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.