Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure that she mixed up the two payments, although she might have. The other frau theory is that she bragged 10,000 profits when it was sales, and couldn't bring herself to admit 1) her maffs mistake 2) the success rate being 1/5 of what she had claimed. So when patreon money came in she used that to pay tt.
That possibly left her with the problem of having to conceal the fact that patreon was bringing in a 5-figure sum. (The Feb/March payouts might have been extra big though, if a proportion of new subscribers paid the year)
Just some breakfast thoughts

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Yeah I love that she hates him and completely doesn’t understand that it’s ok to come from a place of privilege and talk about budgeting. Jamie comes from a food rich background and was genuinely shocked (bless him) to realise that wasn’t the case for everyone. He wanted to be a positive influence for change and knew people could eat well for less if they had the cooking skills. His 5 ingredients book is absolutely brilliant and so much is genuinely interchangeable so you can use up fridge gubbins. Jack is clueless.
You are so right. Jamie likes & understands food, & what is delicious & good for you.

He's a natural on screen & ad libs with really interesting tips all the way through.

Unlike the Slopmeister. :sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm sticking with the theory that Jack didn't get confused about numbers, she just lied.

My evidence, although circumstantial, is compelling: Jack is a lying liar who lies all the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Larger influencer accounts = lower conversion rate.

As well as what other Frauen have pointed out:

a) the covid fundraiser was amplified by news outlets (the Independent had an article) & probably retweeted a lot more

b) most of the Teemill "campaign" consisted of Jack tweeting "is that broken? I'll get it sorted in a minute."

c) even Jack's fans were critical of the merch, tweeting that they'd buy a tshirt if it had an apostrophe, or raising doubts about micro vs macro

d) timing. The start of covid was a great time to raise money for those in need. This year is not.

Finally, the covid fundraiser was skewed by some very large donations:

View attachment 1703180

Nobody was "donating" 500£ by buying hundreds of tshirts.
Not me thinking some dude called Anónimo had donated multiple times.

• Haha
Reactions: 89
Oh I’m crying!! This has set me up for the day. 😂😂😂 She’s got such Jan from The Office US vibes with her poetry and songs- ‘Mommy you’re beautiful, Mommy you’re amaaaaazing!’ (For non viewers Jan is a vain narc who has laid down the backing track for a home video of her little girl and makes everyone watch it)
I absolutely love the Jan episodes, especially the later ones. When they spend ages teaching Dwight that women are just normal people, then they get to the meeting and Pam says, in horror, “It’s Jan! Forget everything we just told you.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Wow, she really did a “if you stopped buying avocado toast and subscribing to Netflix you could have a house by now” but with that fuckin ugly hat. Tory.

View attachment 1703065

Interesting that the hat has never been seen again since Harold made his escape

View attachment 1703066
I thought her whole shtick was that she couldn't afford it due to grinding poverty, not that it was about saving pennies for years to buy expensive hats 🤷‍♂️
Really told on herself there, I reckon she just carelessly spunks all her money on expensive tit every month and then ends up with nothing to live on, so feels justified in pretending to be poor because it's a long slog until the next patreon cash drops.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I thought her whole shtick was that she couldn't afford it due to grinding poverty, not that it was about saving pennies for years to buy expensive hats 🤷‍♂️
Really told on herself there, I reckon she just carelessly spunks all her money on expensive tit every month and then ends up with nothing to live on so feels justified in pretending to be poor because it's a long slog until the next patreon cash drops.
The only thing she resents spending money on (other than her son) is food. She's good to herself in every other way.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The only thing she resents spending money on (other than her son) is food. She's good to herself in every other way.
Naah she uses Ocado, deliveroo/just eat etc. we’ve seen the expensive food. She was talking about a particular jam, (can’t remember the flavour) I looked it up, 7-8squid a jar! All those herbs spices, all those dried goods, every type of pasta. The Charlie bighams containers, the gu ramekins. The cheap slop goes in the bin, no way she eats that, it’s all cosplay

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Naah she uses Ocado, deliveroo/just eat etc. we’ve seen the expensive food. She was talking about a particular jam, (can’t remember the flavour) I looked it up, 7-8squid a jar! All those herbs spices, all those dried goods, every type of pasta. The Charlie bighams containers, the gu ramekins. The cheap slop goes in the bin, no way she eats that, it’s all cosplay
I'm convinced she doesn't actually eat the slop and anything she produces for 'work' goes in the bin.
Also thinking about this I remember there was a spenny pre-made soup that looked suspiciously like one of her dishes, might explain why we're finding so many of her recipe photos contain ingredients that aren't in them, inexplicable kidney beans and mushrooms the wrong size, things chopped instead of sliced etc.
It's because anything that looks vile (website photos) is hers and anything that looks ok or even nice (book photos) just isn't (far beyond being explained by them having been professionally photographed).

Beyond all of the grifting etc. she's an actual cookery fraud as well. The slopalong has been a massive eye opener for me as I'd not really looked at her recipes closely, they're truly shocking.
The book recipes having ingredients DOUBLED over the website to serve the same 2 people is a smoking gun in my opinion, just needs some further scrutiny. I do wonder why so many website recipes were lost due to 'technical issues', she's got extensive form for deleting tweets so what's going on there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Saw this and wondered if one of her fans will gift this to her?

The Joy of Writing a Great Cookbook: How to Share Your Passion for Cooking from Idea to Published Book to Marketing It Like a Bestseller Amazon product

• Haha
Morning all, procrastinating like mad today so obvs I am here.

Seen some more people aghast and the Scam Cook on Twitter this morning. 😂🫢

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I'm convinced she doesn't actually eat the slop and anything she produces for 'work' goes in the bin.
Also thinking about this I remember there was a spenny pre-made soup that looked suspiciously like one of her dishes, might explain why we're finding so many of her recipe photos contain ingredients that aren't in them, inexplicable kidney beans and mushrooms the wrong size, things chopped instead of sliced etc.
It's because anything that looks vile (website photos) is hers and anything that looks ok or even nice (book photos) just isn't.
Beyond all of the grifting etc. she's an actual cookery fraud as well. The slopalong has been a massive eye opener for me as I'd not really looked at her recipes closely, they're truly shocking.
Remember the fish pie she “made for SB” with piped mashed potato on top? There’s no way Jack her ever piped mashed potato in her life. Someone in the cabal managed to figure out exactly which ready meal she’d painstakingly decanted into a ceramic dish.

And then there were the Waitrose parmentier potatoes she tried to pass off as her own.

The sheer brass neck! Don’t know how she sleeps at night, truly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Its all going a bit to shot for her at the minute. That book at the beginning of lockdown barely gets mentioned at all now. It may as wellvnot even exist. I can see this other one going the same way. People are already getting fed up with having to cut back to such extremes never mind getting a book telling them how to live boiling on soap ends to make sludgy smelly shower gel, or use hair from their hair brushes to stuff blankets and pillows.

Most people just want to be able to heat their homes and feed themselves without having to take out massive loans on top for their wages.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Really told on herself there, I reckon she just carelessly spunks all her money on expensive tit every month and then ends up with nothing to live on, so feels justified in pretending to be poor because it's a long slog until the next patreon cash drops.
I think this is it exactly. I know some people think she's sitting on a secret fortune, but it really seems like she's actually just terrible with money and spunks it up the wall the second she gets it.

That's what led to the original Poverty, and it's what's led to every subsequent tip jar rattle over the years. She has no concept of saving and her idea of investment is buying designer clothes. She raised 68k in her Kickstarter, and "came out as skint" a year later. Her panicked mega-beg at the start of covid was clearly someone with a grand total of 0p tucked away.

It's interesting that she has never once acknowledged this, and indeed claims to be good with money.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Remember the fish pie she “made for SB” with piped mashed potato on top? There’s no way Jack her ever piped mashed potato in her life. Someone in the cabal managed to figure out exactly which ready meal she’d painstakingly decanted into a ceramic dish.

And then there were the Waitrose parmentier potatoes she tried to pass off as her own.

The sheer brass neck! Don’t know how she sleeps at night, truly.
I would love to see the receipts for this. 👀🤣🤣

I’ve never piped mash in my life, and I can cook, but why would you bother?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.