Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its all going a bit to shot for her at the minute. That book at the beginning of lockdown barely gets mentioned at all now. It may as wellvnot even exist. I can see this other one going the same way. People are already getting fed up with having to cut back to such extremes never mind getting a book telling them how to live boiling on soap ends to make sludgy smelly shower gel, or use hair from their hair brushes to stuff blankets and pillows.

Most people just want to be able to heat their homes and feed themselves without having to take out massive loans on top for their wages.
Yes it's not exactly an encouraging promotion of social mobility if you are choosing between heating and eating then a supposed successful 'celeb' like Jack then goes on about how she has to boil soap.

Reactions: 25
If you choose carefully, cooking bacon packs can be a very cheap way of getting loads of bacon. I buy them a lot, take time to sort through and trim every last bit of fat off (another thing I will not eat) and get more bacon sandwiches out them than I would with two packs of medallions. So sorry dear Frauen but, not in the spirit of the thread at all I know and you have my pumble, err I mean humble apologies for lowering the tone of the thread, but I'm with Jack on this.
I agree with this, thats the one Mackie tip I actually took on board, the asda cooking bacon is actually really good. I tried the Lidl version not so good

Reactions: 15
Its all going a bit to shot for her at the minute. That book at the beginning of lockdown barely gets mentioned at all now. It may as wellvnot even exist. I can see this other one going the same way. People are already getting fed up with having to cut back to such extremes never mind getting a book telling them how to live boiling on soap ends to make sludgy smelly shower gel, or use hair from their hair brushes to stuff blankets and pillows.

Most people just want to be able to heat their homes and feed themselves without having to take out massive loans on top for their wages.
Twitter is an eye opener. You have to search quite hard to find anything positive about her now. Her name is mud.
Unless there is a massive turn around her latest book will not sell well, and will be pulled apart and mocked.
Really not sure what she can do to get out of this self inflicted hole tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Naah she uses Ocado, deliveroo/just eat etc. we’ve seen the expensive food. She was talking about a particular jam, (can’t remember the flavour) I looked it up, 7-8squid a jar! All those herbs spices, all those dried goods, every type of pasta. The Charlie bighams containers, the gu ramekins. The cheap slop goes in the bin, no way she eats that, it’s all cosplay
I reckon she feeds the slop to SB, hired help, OHs, anyone around. No wonder they all LEFT.

All the nice stuff she keeps for herself.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I would love to see the receipts for this. 👀🤣🤣

I’ve never piped mash in my life, and I can cook, but why would you bother?
I remember I commented that the piping looked suss and not the sort of thing Jack would do. Someone else took on the mantle of finding the fish pie. It was ages ago, but maybe someone with ninja search skills can find the posts?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Twitter is an eye opener. You have to search quite hard to find anything positive about her now. Her name is mud.
Unless there is a massive turn around her latest book will not sell well, and will be pulled apart and mocked.
Really not sure what she can do to get out of this self inflicted hole tbh.
She'd have to be honest about what she's done and make a genuine effort to make amends to stand any chance at all and I don't think she's capable of that. The other problem she's got is that she has no talent, if she were a really good cook, writer and/or presenter people would be more keen to welcome her back after a period out the limelight because they enjoy her work. She might be able to cling on to some sort of living from a small band of stans and people who've forgotten to cancel their payments for a while longer yet, she might even get the odd media gig simply by being available at short notice but overall I think she's finished.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Bib - oh my Christ
This has reminded me of the embarrassing moment in Morrisons this week when my dear partner yelled at me from another aisle, GET SOME PLASTIC CHEESE.

View attachment 1703101

WHAT ARE THOOOOSE
But seriously, what are those? ✍

I'd had a different Mr Burns image in mind for Jack recently
"Re-use tissue boxes as very comfy make-do slippers..."

View attachment 1703115
I’m sure she inserted her gnarly feet into a pair of tiger loaves.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
🖼 🎵 💐 Creative Interlude 💐 🎵 🖼
(technically it’s allegedly a song but as she hasn’t provided the Music, we’ll be treating the Lyrics as a poem. About a girl with a “middle class voice” who bought and owned a lot of tit.

View attachment 1702995View attachment 1702997View attachment 1702998
So so self obsessed. I too have sold stuff when times where tough but I don't feel the need to talk about it, let alone write a bloody bleeping song ffs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I think this is it exactly. I know some people think she's sitting on a secret fortune, but it really seems like she's actually just terrible with money and spunks it up the wall the second she gets it.

That's what led to the original Poverty, and it's what's led to every subsequent tip jar rattle over the years. She has no concept of saving and her idea of investment is buying designer clothes. She raised 68k in her Kickstarter, and "came out as skint" a year later. Her panicked mega-beg at the start of covid was clearly someone with a grand total of 0p tucked away.

It's interesting that she has never once acknowledged this, and indeed claims to be good with money.
It would totally undermine her brand. She's supposed to be excellent at making money streeetttttch, not a penny mis-spent cos FRUGAL! If she cannot manage her own budget, then her pov stories become tainted by her being irresponsible and therefore non-sympathetic poor person, no better than the rest of the smartphone-owning, flat-screen buying, Kyle-watchers that she's not like at all, (fell by the wayside, doncha know?)

Plus people are far far less eager to put hand in pocket for someone who pisses their money away. She has to be a hard-done-by victim of circumstances/the system 🎶 duck the system!)

Plus fragile ego the size of the planet.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She'd have to be honest about what she's done and make a genuine effort to make amends to stand any chance at all and I don't think she's capable of that. The other problem she's got is that she has no talent, if she were a really good cook, writer and/or presenter people would be more keen to welcome her back after a period out the limelight because they enjoy her work. She might be able to cling on to some sort of living from a small band of stans and people who've forgotten to cancel their payments for a while longer yet, she might even get the odd media gig simply by being available at short notice but overall I think she's finished.
Agreed - and she has shat on and disrespected so many of the food industry that they won't feel like protecting 'one of their own'.
I was babysitting smallest grandchild yesterday and watched a bit of This Morning. A chef (can't remember her name) was on cooking a sausage casserole which reminded me of Jack's last appearance. Honestly the difference - the loving decriptions of food, flavour, cooking methods (including pricing) compared to Jack's grim unappetising efforts and laughing at the cheap sausages.
Funnily enough Jack actually was onto something with her costings ages ago, all the rage now, if she was a better presenter and had edible food she could be carving out a good solid career now.

Reactions: 47
Even if she was talented or doing good, important work at this point I'm really of the mind to say why should she be given the opportunity to come back to the limelight (even if she made amends). She needs to sort stuff out and refund her patreons etc. etc. (will never happen) but why then should she be 'forgiven', she can't be trusted to not abuse a position of influence. Let someone that's actually working class occupy the space and opportunities she currently is. She's a parasite. It just goes so far beyond 'second chances' for me.

Funnily enough Jack actually was onto something with her costings ages ago, all the rage now, if she was a better presenter and had edible food she could be carving out a good solid career now.
With costings she just had to elevenify it with 7p portions as Jack is want to do. Totally blew it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She legit said in a radio interview that her last meal would be herself because she reckoned she'd taste delicious. I kid you not.
She looks like she'd taste like licking the bottom of a dirty oven to me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
She profited from the pandemic, she was given the biggest opportunity of her life during lockdown. A live daily TV show fgs! Like, she could have really run with that had she not so completely messed it up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.