Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still catching up, but just popping in to say that I’ll put myself down for the Red Mushroom Curry, if no one’s taken that yet. I am intrigued as to how it qualifies as a red curry, for a start (tomato paste FFS??), but also she calls it a “hot spicy little number” when it only has 1/4 tsp chilli flakes in it for 2-4 people.
Looks like Vlad’s been having the mushroom curry 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Long time lurker just popping up to say .... Is her recipe just curry paste, coconut milk and mushrooms? That's just stirring. My toddler could make her 'recipe' more appetising*
Well yes - it’s certainly basic - but also (going by this recipe) it’s not a curry paste one would normally recognise, that’s for sure. I would take your toddler’s creations over Jack’s gut-wrenching concoctions any day.
I will be testing it out at some point this weekend, or (more likely) early next week. Results over at the Slopathon thread. I’ll be honest, I’m not optimistic.

Reactions: 31
Just cross posting our resident slop slinger's antics from the slopalong so far 👩‍🍳
77 (!) fraus are signed up, if you're intested in taking part add yourself to the bottom of the wiki table or @ me in the slopalong thread and I can do the honours
We've also got a back catalogue of historical slops in the wiki to tide us over until we get more fresh slops

@OwlChampagne Bread, Bean & Fennel Stew
@HaveTinCanRattle Peanut milk rice pudding
@House of Carbonara 5 minute bread

Slopalong thread
Slopalong wiki

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I just looked at Veganish on Amazon and it turns out there's a photo of her looking gormless in an egg chair. Veganish indeed. A tofu chair if you please.

View attachment 1701626
Ah, a continuity (x2) work denim boiler suit spotted in the wild! Now we can see for ourselves exactly how they get -destroyed- by the nature of her work being a twit in an expensive chair
13EE1F68-91FF-45F0-AC32-327C65AF8C74.jpeg
879F485E-5F7B-40F0-926B-A8C77DA94367.jpeg

Also, she’s so blatantly cosplaying her DEAD immigrant landlord grandfather (with one pair of shoes) in that pic. It’s…odd.
256554E8-E0E7-4B2B-B95D-B2A1ECF57B37.jpeg
1851BB15-5D56-4E44-A293-17A258CAB870.jpeg

FD1514AF-E56B-4C33-AEC4-9C1D17934474.jpeg

EBB46973-73E3-4DD1-B559-E53F30570A6E.jpeg

Lol to ‘an instant hot water tap before it was cool’ (elsewhere in this interminable thread waxes lyrical about when she was SB’s age, so allegedly in the mid 1990s, before hot water taps were cool). #1948 Truther.

Also, clearly the role model for thrift given that “the story” is he came over with one pair of shoes and even when owning properties decades later she implies he still had just the one pair. #NotVimesBoots

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
We know Jack has got form for flying off the handle without reading things properly, like the DLA letter she shared, then blamed the squigs for reading it correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I think you might be right. Honestly, there's no way that shop took £11,000 in two days. It would just be like Jack to go boasting without checking and rather than own up and explain, end up handing over "her" Patreon funds to save face, then try and claw back "her" money from the Teemill shop. It would certainly explain the rage and subsequent shifty behaviour.
This is entirely plausible, only a fraction of that will be Teemill sales and it’s an insight into just how much was coming in per month from Patreon. Even if a generous 50% of it was Teemill from initial post launch interest, that’s c£5K per month from Patreon for doing sweet FA. So a c£60K passive income per year at a low ball estimate. Chriiist!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
That is such a good theory!
It's at the very least an entertaining one. I'm not really sure it holds slop, as she was crowing about having raised £10,000 on Feb 3rd already.
But I still don't believe she sold 1700+ items in two days and then a measly 40-odd over the next 7-8 months.
It must be something she misunderstood.

Reactions: 47
Thought this might amuse the canal… a friend sent me one of these lists of people humble bragging and being general twats. And look who turns up!
Did someone say something about being a general twit? From early 2021

B71CF9BA-CD1A-4775-80A1-324DEDE5ED35.jpeg

What. A. Tool.

PS wonder if she made it into Pandora’s article?! :unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 134
Hold up, what date did Nigella boost her patreon? She announced the £10k long before the money would have made it to her paypal so if she mistakenly believed patreon funds were Teemill ones, she must have:
1. Been paid by patreon before the 2nd Feb, but didn't we deduce that payout from patreon is a few days later?
2. Not have understood the rolling payout, although she stated a day before she announced the £10k she was aware of this.
3. Made £10k a month from patreon?

I think she got the £10k figure from the Teemill dashboard. I don't think the dates line up for a Patreon chaos.
Screenshot_20221104_063926.jpg
Screenshot_20221104_064423.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hold up, what date did Nigella boost her patreon? She announced the £10k long before the money would have made it to her paypal so if she mistakenly believed patreon funds were Teemill ones, she must have:
1. Been paid by patreon before the 2nd Feb, but didn't we deduce that payout from patreon is a few days later?
2. Not have understood the rolling payout, although she stated a day before she announced the £10k she was aware of this.

I think she got the £10k figure from the Teemill dashboard. I don't think the dates line up for a Patreon chaos.
View attachment 1702950View attachment 1702951
Yeah, I think I made a chaos. Sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I have bee thinking and i think she should give a free copy of her book to her patrons. They have supported her for two years, despite not receiving rewards. Its the least she can do, however i do realise that is 700 books money, however i think the poor suckers deserve something. This book will probably go the way of the last one and flop.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

View attachment 1702950View attachment 1702951
Nigella did the beg for her on Jan 29th. That first cash gets pulled from patrons right away so her first bump would have been in early feb from those who subscribed in that first couple of days. IIRC @heretoreaditall2019 says you can actively withdraw earlier than 4th-5th of month but if you don’t, that’s when the money automatically lands in your account/Patreon pays out

(ETA if I understand correctly from reading their truly awful trustpilot reviews, Patreon pulls cash from you on the day you subscribe, but regardless of what day of the month that is, pulls your second payment from you on the first day of the next month, so if you subscribe on 29 Jan, you’ll have money pulled on 29 Jan and 1 feb too. Don’t take this as fact until clarified by Patreon expert fraus. WARNED.)

Reckon early Feb would have been a whopper of a windfall for her with big annual subscriptions too tho. Also “small flurry” of hundreds. @heretoreaditall2019 can clarify FORENSICALLY for us.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
A squig has highlighted something I'd missed about how Teemill pay out money. Actually it's worse than missed, it appears I actually took something Jack said at face value. This was a mistake. I had assumed based on a Jack tweet (THE SHAME) that Teemill just had a monthly payday on 4th of the month. They don't.

Back in the heady days of February, Jack claimed that she would receive her first Teemill payout on 4th March as Teemill pay out monthly. You'll be as shocked as I am to learn this is not accurate. Teemill pay every 30 days, so if you open a store today, sell something you'll get a payment in exactly 30 days. In other words, if you sell something everyday, one month after your first sale you'll be receiving daily payments. Jack claims to have taken just over £11,000 on the first two days of trading (1st and 2nd Feb). Jack would have been due her payment from the first days trading (1st Feb) on 2nd March and the payment from 2nd Feb sales on 3rd March. If her first payment really was on the 4th March, then this would relate to sales from 3rd Feb and would mean there had been no sales on 1st and 2nd Feb, so the Trussell Trust shouldn't have received anything as the sales fall outwith the first two days they'd agreed to accept. I doubt there were no sales on the first two days but as ever with Jack, who knows?

The lack of transparency around this is beyond a joke. I've popped Observant Squig's FORENSIC tweet and evidence behind the spoiler below.

Yep. A few fraus mentioned this at the time, though with all the other tit that’s gone on since then it’s no wonder we forgot.
She’s had a steady trickle through, since March until now. This is why we were waiting until early March before chasing up with the TT to see if they’d received their money; because we knew if they disassociated themselves from 3rd Feb onwards, their money should have come in at the start of March.

Reactions: 26
(ETA if I understand correctly from reading their truly awful trustpilot reviews, Patreon pulls cash from you on the day you subscribe, but regardless of what day of the month that is, pulls your second payment from you on the first day of the next month, so if you subscribe on 29 Jan, you’ll have money pulled on 29 Jan and 1 feb too. Don’t take this as fact until clarified by Patreon expert fraus. WARNED.)
Creators have (or at least had, it may have changed) the ability to choose when their patrons get charged.

In practice though I'm fairly certain nearly all bill at the start of the month.
(edit: and yes, in that scenario you are billed upon sign up, even if it is the last day of the month)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ah, a continuity (x2) work denim boiler suit spotted in the wild! Now we can see for ourselves exactly how they get -destroyed- by the nature of her work being a twit in an expensive chair
View attachment 1702887View attachment 1702888
Also, she’s so blatantly cosplaying her DEAD immigrant landlord grandfather (with one pair of shoes) in that pic. It’s…odd.
View attachment 1702890View attachment 1702891
View attachment 1702895
View attachment 1702896

Lol to ‘an instant hot water tap before it was cool’ (elsewhere in this interminable thread waxes lyrical about when she was SB’s age, so allegedly in the mid 1990s, before hot water taps were cool). #1948 Truther.

Also, clearly the role model for thrift given that “the story” is he came over with one pair of shoes and even when owning properties decades later she implies he still had just the one pair. #NotVimesBoots
She certainly seems to put her dad and grandad on a pedestal doesn't she? Never a mention of her nan (who isn't dead) and only really mentions her mum when she wants to use her disabilities to score points. Makes you think.

Morning you sloppy lot ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
View attachment 1702887View attachment 1702888
View attachment 1702890View attachment 1702891
View attachment 1702895
View attachment 1702896

"The nature of my work means stuff gets -destroyed-"

What? What?

You're a "cook", twitter twit and media "personality", you're not working down the frigging mines.

Put a bloody apron on and, I don't know, use a knife strop instead of your boiler suit, cos duck knows what else you could be doing to ruin your clothes. The mind boggles. My aneurysm!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Wouldn’t put it past her to outright plan on donating a month’s worth of patreon income in lieu of teemil! Pure speculation

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Thought this might amuse the canal… a friend sent me one of these lists of people humble bragging and being general twats. And look who turns up!

I think I'm going to be sick and for once it's not slop-related. :sick::sick:

It's not even a humblebrag. It's just four brags for the price of one:

-I have a big shiny eagle with my name on it!
-I have a drawer full of letters because people think my work is amazing!
-I'm such a great parent because I never get annoyed and my kid adores me.
-I'm above caring about superficial things such as awards. *Ascends to a higher spiritual plane*

Blurgh!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.