Jack Monroe #270 I’m even tired of myself right now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We know how tricksy Jack is with words, in Lazarus' and Kach's posts she's talking about all proceeds - which is different to all profits.

For clarity, and based on the info screenshot further upthread taken from Teemill's own site, Jack couldn't even have got her hands on all proceeds as Teemill only passes on what they call 'royalties' or what we presumes Jack was referring to as 'profits' elsewhere. All proceeds were never on the table, as Jack never had those funds in her possession. Stupid mistake number one, that was either a slip of the tongue or deliberate obfuscation, and should have been corrected and clarified immediately.

For me, this is more potential widespread harm from Jack, and has the potential to undermine genuine fundraising as well as bringing TT into disrepute by association. I don't think she fully understands the full impact of what she's doing when she uses words incorrectly or approaches things in a naive, ill thought-out, 'instant expert' way.
Presented without comment

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Please, even if it means lying tell me she didn't describe herself as feeling 'randy' on T.
The R word is a red flag.
It's probably been said, bit now I'm imaging Jack as Austin Powers. Which is leading me to Sex Jack, and now I feel ill.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It's probably been said, bit now I'm imaging Jack as Austin Powers. Which is leading me to Sex Jack, and now I feel ill.
Sex Jack is in your brain now, nothing you can do about it.

"It is out there, it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop... EVER, untill you are DEAD!" Sarah Connor - The Terminator.

Quoted verbatim, Complete with missing apostrophes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
tbqh, I always thought that the 10k was either plucked out of thin air or, at least, confused with sales

she was on such a high (not necessarily pharmaceutical) at the time that she'd have said any old tit to keep herself going
There always was an element of 'if you build it they will come' with the ghastly merch. Jack thought if she talked it up enough she would convince enough people to buy it to reach the 10k she showed off about.
Maybe the amount actually reached was humiliating low and she wants to forget about it.
Pre Tattle she could easily have got away with this. Twitter would have forgotten and she could be on to the next thing. We all know that bleeping Index is never going to see the light of day.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She'll get back to the squigs asking about the £10,000 that she (Jack Monroe, the Bootstrap Cook) owes to various charities after she's bought her customary birthday Penhaligon's and set up her altar to celebratory consumerism, if that's ok with you?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I don't believe she has a current PR team, savvy or not. They'd tell her to cut her shite if she did.
Also my godson was a few months prem and he was nearly see through and almost died.
She might have been a bit early but not by months, lying cow bag.
PS My godson is all grown up now and a really cool dude with not an ounce of baggy skin on his hands. 😊
I was more prem than Jack and we are the same age 1988 birthday.

I was nearly see through, and hooked up to a bunch of tubes and monitors for months. She might have benefitted from a few extra weeks in the oven, but she is not “prem” by any stretch.

I was ACTUALLY shielding due tothe prem related health issues; not shielding/CEV but off to Edinburg, on the TV, 1 jab with my age group rather than as a priority……

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If you have ever heard an authority figure say they 'remain hopeful' something will happen then you recognise a red flag. I get those vibes from the TT response, but genuinely hope to be proved wrong.

Also, alongside the 10k, Teemill pay for purchases after 30 days so this is a perpetual thing. If those products are still on sale it just goes on. And on.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I agree with all of you I think she’s definitely got sales and profit muddled and that 10k is none existent but the least she could do is hold her hands up and say I’m sorry I got mixed up the actual figure is … and donate that. Something is better than nothing.
Jack in future maybe think things through before crowing for retweets on Twitter.

Reactions: 30
By Jack's figures, there's a few thousand deluded fools prancing around in Dead People Cant Riot merch .

They might as well have got "Im with this grifter 👉" or "I rioted outside Waitrose regarding the price of quail and all I got was this lousy T Shirt"

Etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 49
omg, just remembered that the only other person I've ever heard using the word randy irl was also from southend and now I'm all

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
If you have ever heard an authority figure say they 'remain hopeful' something will happen then you recognise a red flag. I get those vibes from the TT response, but genuinely hope to be proved wrong.
Babe, same. That and the repeated wording that they're working with Jack's agent to "ensure" the funds are received.

But look, she's finally addressed the issue on Twitter, so we're clearly all mithering needlessly. Never mind the fact that a simple tweet and the transparency she promised could have stopped all the speculation days ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
And all this about the TT was why I did all those long posts about compliance and risk.

Don't ever trust a 'give me the money and I'll make sure it gets to chariteee' person online.

In other news, I'm rather pleased with my hat today, as it actually seems to fit rather well.

1647559050498.png

Good for bright light conditions, too. Or having bleeping Covid again as I'm stupidly light sensitive today.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.