Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I've made a topical joke:😃

What sound would Jack's doorbell make if she lived in a pyramid?

TOOT TOOT n come in!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Mselvista

VIP Member
But when did Jamie say his recipes were specifically for people on UC?
Of course his recipes aren't for everyone and don't address the fuel/food costs crisis across the board - but that is why there is a thing called choice and people can look to other sources for help.
Jack is being a sneaky little twat here. No wonder most other chefs/food writers won't have anything to do with her.
Popping over from Sali Hughes' thread to point out that batch cooking is absolutely for people on UC. Jobseekers, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance are/were paid every 2 weeks. One of the main challenges of moving to UC is people on a very low income moving to monthly payments. Totally ignorant silly tweet and JM droning her ignorance (again) about the benefits system - something she should know like the back of her hand to be adequately doing the works she claims as her niche - by liking it.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

GriftyPixie

8431597D-2F8D-455C-B11E-1850B06368C0.jpeg

I’m sure it’s been discussed before but newspaper sanitary towels? About as real as Toothpaste For Dinner Man. Talk about a recipe for a chaffed chuff.

Honestly, she’s just exhausting.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 73

Fruitjack

VIP Member
I've had a look but I can't find the receipt where Jack said she wasn't vegan anymore because of her physical conditions and that she needs to eat certain vitamins and vegan supplements are too expensive. I'm sure that post details the nutrients that help her condition that are available in kebabs and fried chicken. This will be really useful information for so many people.

• Haha
  • Heart

Smol Pixel

Chatty Member
Thank you to @Lumpyspaceprincess and an unknown second frau for the thread title. You both win a Harvester mixed grill with salad bar option, so step forward to claim your prize.

The last thread closed with Jack waxing lyrical over the joys of a large mixed doner with all the trimmings when sober. She’s just Jack, with extra chillies on the side, waiting for someone to snog her. Wild!

Several Jack thread members have foolishly accepted the poisoned chalice of the chance to make one of Jack’s recipes, in honour of her imminent book release (Thrifty Kitchen). A thread has been made for any further posts.

Please say ‘thread title’ when nominating one and please let me sleep without thinking of Pepsi-burped ‘snogging’ (and please add to the recap!)
Just to add to the recap that Jack has been on the school run for approx 48 hours now. Who knows when she will return.

• Haha

SendReceive

VIP Member
I have seen two different ads for Thrifty Kitchen. On one there are endorsements from Nigella and Jay Rayner, on others only Nigella. I wonder if Jay said NO.

Jacks pinned post features a cover with both quotes, as does Pan Macmillans website. Click through the 'pre-order' link to Amazon and Waterstones and the book cover has Nigella claiming Jack is a force for good in the world, not Jay enthusing about her brilliant and enticing recipes. 🧐.

eta Jack has pictured the actual book on her shelf, so time will tell if its a change on the cover that goes on sale.
And remember that the Nigella endorsement has been recycled word-for-word from Bad Slop for Bad Days. Odd that either:

- They couldn’t find a new celeb endorsement, or
- They didn’t approach Nigella for a new one, or
- They did approach Nigella and yet strangely she couldn’t spend ten seconds creating a new one

Makes you think.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Jack's mum's potatoes look roasted to perfection compared to Leggy's chicken. That bird could probably shuffle away if left unattended.
founder-of-leon-allegra-mceve-6928cb00.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

binkbonk

Said squig has now had over 600 coffees bought for her, so just over £3k worth of donations.
To keep on topic, it’s easy to see why Jack loves twitter so much when you can pull this much in. Think if that’s x10 because your poverty is amplified by numerous blue ticks, hard stares Mom.
She's more like Jack than I thought ...
Screenshot_20221105_181451_com.android.chrome_edit_278804424817352.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

moldwarp

VIP Member
Yeah this aggravates me, people that respond to budgetting help and advice with "but what about the people that don't have a hob/can't afford meat/only have 10p for the week" etc. JO's Save with Jamie book came in for similar criticism. Not all pieces of budget cookery work have to cater for the extreme poorest, there are many people that need help to work to a tighter budget that aren't on the bones of their arse. It doesn't have to be advice to suit all people, all of the time. Just mitherers people trying to pick holes in the work others do.
Usually, the examples they use for their "but what about..." are people that likely don't need budget recipes, they need help and support and could do with signposting to where they can access such.
Fully agreed. It’s stupid nit picking. Mince in general is one of the cheapest and most versatile ways to eat red meat anyway. When I was on my own I’d buy a big pack and make a huge pot of chilli bulked out with lots of different types of beans, veg, rice. Then that would be my dinner for days, just bung it in the micro, bread n butter or spuds, sorted. Low energy output after the initial cook. Who eats a different full portion of red meat every day anyway? This isn’t Henry VIII’s dinner table, ffs.

Popping over from Sali Hughes' thread to point out that batch cooking is absolutely for people on UC. Jobseekers, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance are/were paid every 2 weeks. One of the main challenges of moving to UC is people on a very low income moving to monthly payments. Totally ignorant silly tweet and JM droning her ignorance (again) about the benefits system - something she should know like the back of her hand to be adequately doing the works she claims as her niche - by liking it.
Yes this is what I was trying to say! Batch cooking on a Sunday for weeknight dinners. Yes.

Reactions: 71

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
You never know, it may end up being a rare feat of cubist literature. All viewpoints are interchangeable, after all.
Maybe she’ll write it as a choose your own adventure? Turn to page 376 if you want Jack to be middle class or Turn to page 218 if you want Jack to be working class kind of thing. Each reader can pick their version of Jack’s life story based on her own contradictions.

• Haha
  • Heart

OwlChampagne

ED28FD4B-644F-4B05-9D7E-CD16F1D58B63.jpeg

This makes me so angry 😡
My sister and I had to put up with shit like this when we were kids and it really fucks you up. Here she is laughing about it like it's just a funny anecdote with hundreds of thousands of strangers.

• Heart
  • Angry

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
We could do with a fake recipe gallery, I feel like having them all laid out would be shocking

View attachment 1703538 View attachment 1703540

She even has a Bobo/Barnaby 🤣

View attachment 1703550
I know the point here is that she passed the fish pie off as her own, but I honestly find the use of “cheeky ‘lil” a far more egregious crime. Why is it cheeky? It’s a fucking fish pie, I hate the use of cheeky before any food or drink item, but at least when people use it with junk food or alcohol it has a context. This is a fish pie, for her son’s tea, it’s a perfectly normal thing people cook and eat every day, it is not, in any way, cheeky. It’s also not “lil”, or even particularly little. Twee Jack grates my mushrooms.

And BTW, any chance we could spoilerfisting ? The word makes me cross my legs so fast it scares the dog.

• Haha
  • Heart

moldwarp

VIP Member
I recall a Frau on here mentioning she knew that JM was notorious in the Southend lesbian community, and I wonder if that story was perhaps the reason. That kind of behaviour spreads in small communities.
I doubt I’d be identified and anyway she’s got bigger problems to deal with than a 15yr old story. 😳
She’s also apparently notorious in the Southend local charities community for promising things and not delivering, throwing her weight around, etc.

• Wow
  • Sad

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
She can't evidence overall takings and a timestamped donation which marries up to the demonstrated amount raised. She doesn't have it.

If this were a genuine error (I forgot to close the fundraiser, I was waiting for the final 30 days to lapse so I could donate in one lump sum, I honestly forgot) she could have cleared this up months ago and done what she'd promised with evidence. She could have owned her mistakes if there were ones. Instead she's spitefully digging a hole, one rusty spoonful of slop at a time. She's long missed the opportunity to admit there was an honest mistake. If she can't evidence a dated donation with proof that that was all that was raised, she shouldn't have lied about donating it.

I sincerely hope actionfraud are on the case because it is looking more and more like a crime was committed by the day. If she wants the backlash to stop she needs to provide proof of takings and a dated donation transaction.

• Heart