Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I think about it, the more bewildered I feel. Surely she knew this would happen when she cropped the date out of her screenshot. The only reason you'd do it would be if it didn't align with her story.

Reactions: 54
Wow, that’s tragic. Are you allowed to recycle your celeb blurbs over and over? Will that Nigella quote appear on every single one of Jack’s future books?
Publishing folks will know more about this but I recall a hoo hah involving an author local to me (red triangle!) who had a 'this is a marvellous book by a marvellous writer' quote splashed across the cover of his latest by a hugely famous successful author who I believe was with same publisher. I think there was some social media cock up where famous successful writer posted lovely supportive pic of the latest book saying 'can't wait to read this!' & observant followers said 'err, you've not already read this then???' Turns out quote was from a review of previous book ( with a very small print disclaimer stating this is 'praise for previous book' ) & that this is total common practice & not seen as unacceptable or misleading.
Bit long winded that but point is I bet neither Mom or Jay has set eyes on the Thrify Grifty Kitchen book.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
This, in response to her “fiercely proud of her background” bs, may have already been posted so apols if it has but it’s so 👨‍🍳 💋

24E70C94-F775-4FE1-81EA-4A3BCD93E4F1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 120
Speaking of terrible Xmas recipes, have newer frauen seen the bizarre sparkler pud with angle grinder soundtrack? That was bonkers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Speaking of terrible Xmas recipes, have newer frauen seen the bizarre sparkler pud with angle grinder soundtrack? That was bonkers.
That is my absolute favourite. Makes me laugh more than Big Dave with a gold trifle!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Same. I actually bought some salmon paste a few months ago, which is still sitting on my mantlepiece, because I was going to do the salmon noodles. I can't face wasting decent ingredients and energy on her terrible recipes, especially not in this economy. I just find disappointing food really upsetting. For reference - I have been known on at least one occasion to have burst into tears when I've ordered badly in a restaurant. I can't do it to myself. So I can simply applaud the brave Fraus and look forward to seeing the results with my hands over my eyes.

I just love the fact that you've kept it out on display to remind yourself of your folly, rather than hiding it in the cupboard or mixing it with the dog food.

I think we've found a Frau who would truly appreciate a tinned sardine advent calendar.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Publishing folks will know more about this but I recall a hoo hah involving an author local to me (red triangle!) who had a 'this is a marvellous book by a marvellous writer' quote splashed across the cover of his latest by a hugely famous successful author who I believe was with same publisher. I think there was some social media cock up where famous successful writer posted lovely supportive pic of the latest book saying 'can't wait to read this!' & observant followers said 'err, you've not already read this then???' Turns out quote was from a review of previous book ( with a very small print disclaimer stating this is 'praise for previous book' ) & that this is total common practice & not seen as unacceptable or misleading.
Bit long winded that but point is I bet neither Mom or Jay has set eyes on the Thrify Grifty Kitchen book.
I found this. It's old but shows the back scratching. Jay must have realised his reputation would go down not up with the endorsement . Nothing to do with the slop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I know everyone has moved on slightly (and I’ve just caught up to the slop along and I’ve got fomo because I’m on permagrunk) but that patreon “apology” - I’d expect something that mediocre had it been 6 maybe 8 months but IT WAS TWO YEARS. For two years she has been happily collecting with no remorse. To then play it down as a “small” regular income. duck me.
Right, even if everyone was paying £1 (they weren't) that's over ten grand. That's not a small income when its for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. When she every now and again mentions UBI I didn't think she meant for her and her alone.

Reactions: 45
I have nevrt had a kebab, becasue they look rank and smell 100 times worse, sorry those who like them. Honestly it makes me boal that they sit on the spinny heat thing for hours on end. 🤮

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I think the “birthday pancakes” covered in plumes of glitter dust (pretty sure they had sparklers shoved into them too?) take some beating. Just trying to imagine how they would have tasted, and how much water you’d need to choke down all the dust.

LOL silly me I’m sure they went straight into the bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’ve noticed that different social media platforms have such different vibes and expectations of behaviour. On Instagram it’s always my fabulous picture-perfect life, I’m so happy. But on Twitter it’s all doom and rage.

A friend of mine causes me much hilarity when I watch her describe the same event across her socials in such differing ways you’d hardly believe it was the same person behind it all.

Wow, that’s tragic. Are you allowed to recycle your celeb blurbs over and over? Will that Nigella quote appear on every single one of Jack’s future books?

(Yeah yeah, that’s assuming that Grifty Kitchen isn’t the last book 👀)
I find it kind of fraudulent tbh, the quote was about a different book but will be seen as being about this one. The fact that it's the same author etc is not an excuse - eg what if a reviewer described Chamber of Secrets as a rollicking magical adventure and that quote was then applied to The Cuckoo's Calling?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
While it's quiet, here's the worklog for November so far. I can only assume she's working quickly behind the scenes go get the patreon rewards out.

Although given how she hasn't refunded Patreon Squig, wfk

Screenshot_20221103_101407.jpg

• Haha
Cannot forget the online cooking contest for kids at home to make the "Sticky Brown Poo" that got 1 (ONE) entry. Don't know if it was funded by some charity in Bristol, Aardman or Netflix or a combo of the three but it was a bleeping shocker. Pudding also contained nuts so allergy kids ruled out straight away.

Plus it was called a poo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I think the “birthday pancakes” covered in plumes of glitter dust (pretty sure they had sparklers shoved into them too?) take some beating. Just trying to imagine how they would have tasted, and how much water you’d need to choke down all the dust.

LOL silly me I’m sure they went straight into the bin.
Weren't they for SBs 10th birthday? She wrote a whole big post about herself and how amazing she was, not just "Happy Birthday SB" Or "Double digits!" Like a normie would

• Sad
Weren't they for SBs 10th birthday? She wrote a whole big post about herself and how amazing she was, not just "Happy Birthday SB" Or "Double digits!" Like a normie would
Something like that, yeah. Imagine being presented with that and having to be grateful. And the narc rage if they turned out to be inedible.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.