Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dark Ages Stale Bread Slop? Excellent choice, dear ninny!
And after a read of the recipe, I see it also involves rinsing baked beans! 🥳🤷🤢

And thank you to whoever added it to the Wiki. I'll post you a portion in a jiffy bag.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Just popping in to say how thrilled I am that the slopathon is happening. Cannot wait for the results to start coming in.

I would sign up myself but as I keep a clean, botulism/salmonella/e-coli free kitchen, I fear the resulting slop will not be authentic. Good luck, brave fraus, and go well. May your sacrifices not be in vain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I've had a look but I can't find the receipt where Jack said she wasn't vegan anymore because of her physical conditions and that she needs to eat certain vitamins and vegan supplements are too expensive. I'm sure that post details the nutrients that help her condition that are available in kebabs and fried chicken. This will be really useful information for so many people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I am an idiot and therefore can’t work out how to link to a post from a previous thread but @MistyWindows’ post about Jack’s Insta gave me questions.

Is there an *ink stain* on the bottom of that spoon? <starts to feel queasy>

Speaking of queasy, how the Slopalong has mushroomed is awesome but I am so relieved it’s in a separate thread so I can dip in and out of the slop at points my stomach can take it. SO sad there’s no official Dorito Tamales recipe I can tackle for the team so will softly, gently cheer on from the sidelines instead.

Can’t help thinking a thread where 40+ people systematically debunk any merit/tastiness/cookability of Jack’s recipes is actually incredibly, powerfully damning.
Not gonna lie, that custard looks a bit jizzy

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I’ve never had a thread title before. Exciting. I’ve never been to Harvester either!

I think kebabs, pot noodles, ready meals are all the food she genuinely likes, but she got stuck with this thing and keeps flogging it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I once posted a photograph of Kebab and Chips on FB which I titled ‘I’m Disgusting’

Again..no adoration. What am I doing wrong?

• Haha
Just popping in to say how thrilled I am that the slopathon is happening. Cannot wait for the results to start coming in.

I would sign up myself but as I keep a clean, botulism/salmonella/e-coli free kitchen, I fear the resulting slop will not be authentic. Good luck, brave fraus, and go well. May your sacrifices not be in vain.
Same. I actually bought some salmon paste a few months ago, which is still sitting on my mantlepiece, because I was going to do the salmon noodles. I can't face wasting decent ingredients and energy on her terrible recipes, especially not in this economy. I just find disappointing food really upsetting. For reference - I have been known on at least one occasion to have burst into tears when I've ordered badly in a restaurant. I can't do it to myself. So I can simply applaud the brave Fraus and look forward to seeing the results with my hands over my eyes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
It's because she buys so much of it and most of the time she's home alone. Tell me you're a spend thrift without telling me etc
I think it’s partly this and partly the eternal victimhood/sad-fishing by implying all of the food she has is past it’s best.

Morning Ninnies - I know I’ve been sworn off talking about LJC BUT I think this observation is relevant enough to drag her out from retirement.
So 9 hours ago on IG LJC posted a lovely photo of herself and Steph (of pack lunch and bad business news on wake up to moany on radio 4 then on BBC telly box) celebrating 40 years of channel 4. Two beautiful lesbians glammed up and clearly very happy. Also 9 hours ago Mx Monroe posted her, I’m still standing, better than I’ve ever been, looking like a true survivor… “life beyond our wildest dreams” snogging and here’s a photo of my kebab IG post. If Jack had been out snogging/dating would she not have treated us to a selfie of herself all facetuned to fk glammed up, showing how happy she is with accompanying word salad about her amazing life and love etc etc? For me that post is a reply to LJC…makes you think 🤔
953B3FE7-36DA-46E3-92BA-7EB9C0E4FD75.jpeg

Versus
9EB05AD1-8BA5-41A8-9CB2-474B42071301.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
I think it’s partly this and partly the eternal victimhood/sad-fishing by implying all of the food she has is past it’s best.
The thing is, most of us don’t let food get into that state because we genuinely can’t afford to waste it. We meal plan and use it when it’s fresh. Just shows that she buys food she doesn’t need and has no plan for, just for the sake of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I know we’re not meant to be posting tweets about her on here but this one re: the constantly changing narrative of The Pov (etc) is GLORIOUS

C6E2844A-126E-4C36-B7A7-D5007DA74DFA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Morning Ninnies - I know I’ve been sworn off talking about LJC BUT I think this observation is relevant enough to drag her out from retirement.
So 9 hours ago on IG LJC posted a lovely photo of herself and Steph (of pack lunch and bad business news on wake up to moany on radio 4 then on BBC telly box) celebrating 40 years of channel 4. Two beautiful lesbians glammed up and clearly very happy. Also 9 hours ago Mx Monroe posted her, I’m still standing, better than I’ve ever been, looking like a true survivor… “life beyond our wildest dreams” snogging and here’s a photo of my kebab IG post. If Jack had been out snogging/dating would she not have treated us to a selfie of herself all facetuned to fk glammed up, showing how happy she is with accompanying word salad about her amazing life and love etc etc? For me that post is a reply to LJC…makes you think 🤔
View attachment 1700547
Versus
View attachment 1700548
Louisa genuinely looks like a different person. The miraculous power of escaping the clutches of a succubus narc.

Also isn’t doner a type of meat? That’s just a mixed kebab, surely. There’s chicken in it. (Well done on finding 90% vegan kebab, Jackie).

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Ugh, Pepsi. I knew she was a wrong’un.
Snowy Jack can’t risk the connotations of the good stuff ❄ 👃 ❄

32D5CEB1-799E-441E-8075-C59D82A3B597.jpeg

Also isn’t doner a type of meat? That’s just a mixed kebab, surely. There’s chicken in it. (Well done on finding 90% vegan kebab, Jackie).
It looks dire. It’s quite the skill she has that she manages to make all foodstuffs, not even solely her own, look so utterly repulsive in photos

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I think the sadder thing is the stark contrast between her Instagram behaviour/posting and her Twitter persona.
I’ve noticed that different social media platforms have such different vibes and expectations of behaviour. On Instagram it’s always my fabulous picture-perfect life, I’m so happy. But on Twitter it’s all doom and rage.

A friend of mine causes me much hilarity when I watch her describe the same event across her socials in such differing ways you’d hardly believe it was the same person behind it all.

And remember that the Nigella endorsement has been recycled word-for-word from Bad Slop for Bad Days. Odd that either:

- They couldn’t find a new celeb endorsement, or
- They didn’t approach Nigella for a new one, or
- They did approach Nigella and yet strangely she couldn’t spend ten seconds creating a new one

Makes you think.
Wow, that’s tragic. Are you allowed to recycle your celeb blurbs over and over? Will that Nigella quote appear on every single one of Jack’s future books?

(Yeah yeah, that’s assuming that Grifty Kitchen isn’t the last book 👀)

• Haha
Reactions: 39
LJC is living her best life, bit better than a doner but at least it gives Jack something to whine about as always

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.