Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I’ve said before, I knew JM around 2010 in a lesbian online and off social group. Apart from us all noticing that her posts were inconsistent and attention seeking, one close friend from Southend who was not prone to gossip, warned off another friend who was due to go on a date with JM. Here is why:
She said that JM had, a few years back, so perhaps 2007/8, been having a secret relationship with a local woman who was already in a long term lesbian relationship.
So JM was ‘the other woman’. Apparently when JM realised her beau was not the wealthy side of the pair, she dropped the poor one, and set about starting an affair with the rich one!!
When the affair was discovered by the poor one, the couple realised that JM was after money more than the pumble. The couple were both pretty broken by the whole drama apparently.

This happened long before the hunger period, and pre-motherhood, so it seems to me that she’s always been on the lookout for a meal ticket.
With this story in my head, I was not at all surprised to see JM jump at the chance to move into West London and live the high life, and to not consider the implications for her child!

I have no more ‘history’ of JM, unfortunately, but that story alone left me with a fascination of why she was so manipulative. I was quite excited to see her get some fame, as I did think somewhere down the line, they’d be some notoriety…
WOW. Thank you Scarlett this is some delicious piping hot tea 🫖 😊

I KNEW Leggy dodged a bullet.

Thinking about HH2 when she can't afford shower gel or shampoo, apart from the Metro, has she ever touched upon period products?
I've no idea how expensive the products are now - that ship has thankfully sailed for me.
Same same my friend 😊 But yeah the good stuff is more expensive and yes I wish she had used her platform to speak on this. Menstruation should be talked about more in public discourse imho. Period poverty is a massive thing. Especially for post partum mums experiencing severe poverty. But Jack doesn’t care…she just wants to narcisstically ram sob stories of the bloodcatching Metro down our throats. Or into our underwear. Sorry guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
THAT MAN has said similar.

They're both wrong.

Plus Jack with her supposed autism (diagnosed) should know better. bleep.

This is a MAJOR trigger point for me as someone who has always been a very fussy eater and was shamed/bullied into eating certain foods during school dinners by teachers despite crying and utter fear setting in when I was very young 🔺️ I still feel that fear to this day.

🔺️🔺️🔺️ like duck but in that case we may have crossed paths. Did you end up on Emmerdale or just the Soapstars show? The whole concept of it wasn't popular with the cast, let's put it that way...
I feel for you, I remember being at school and being the last to finish eating and the tables being put away because I didn’t want to finish everything on my plate but I had to finish everything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I know this is slightly off topic but Ainsley has a new World Cup themed show, Karl Kennedy from neighbours is on it wearing a hat like what Jack would wear and unfortunately @MancBee your recent anecdote has ruined this for me!

Jack has been awfully quiet this past day or two. Hopefully we can have a chaos later!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
That bit about drinking formula is my absolute aneurysm. Actually her whole single motherhood thing is.*

What really pisses me off is that - even if it were true (it isn’t - SB was a year and a half when the poverty started so she wouldn’t have been given formula for him), a single working class mother who was living in poverty who chose to feed herself rather than her child would have raised safeguarding concerns. They weigh your baby and if a baby is failing to gain (failure to thrive), you get interventions.

Also, I find it absolutely chilling that she wrote this down as an example of how desperate she was, never once thinking ’oh hang on, this makes it look like I’m starving my baby which isn’t a good look’. Really it’s psychopathic behaviour and it’s very disturbing that she can’t see that.

* I know other people have said all this but I had to join in as a single mother. It really bleeping disgusts me how she uses him for sympathy but actually doesn’t give a shiny tit about him. Poor kid. His mother is a monster.
The drinking formula thing never made sense to me. As formula is way more expensive than milk. I can SORT of understand throwing a teeny bit in your coffee if you were out of milk and couldn’t drink it black. But the way Jack tells it, she was knocking back glasses of formula, which makes zero sense when it’s so much more expensive gram for gram than a pint of semi skim. Or a jar of coffee whitener. Makes no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Even toddlers have to be corralled into her service!!!

Yeah she’s got some serious munching issues tbh. It’s part of her weird self image, in this case she kinda sees herself like Jude from A Little Life or that annoying consumptive witch from Old Curiousity Shop: this poor fragile disabled traumatised waif who bravely staggers on whilst everyone around her performs heroic acts of self sacrifice to try to keep her alive.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
I will never not laugh when I remember that she was unceremoniously dumped by the OH she described as "refreshingly ordinary"

• Haha
Reactions: 75
As I’ve said before, I knew JM around 2010 in a lesbian online and off social group. Apart from us all noticing that her posts were inconsistent and attention seeking, one close friend from Southend who was not prone to gossip, warned off another friend who was due to go on a date with JM. Here is why:
She said that JM had, a few years back, so perhaps 2007/8, been having a secret relationship with a local woman who was already in a long term lesbian relationship.
So JM was ‘the other woman’. Apparently when JM realised her beau was not the wealthy side of the pair, she dropped the poor one, and set about starting an affair with the rich one!!
When the affair was discovered by the poor one, the couple realised that JM was after money more than the pumble. The couple were both pretty broken by the whole drama apparently.

This happened long before the hunger period, and pre-motherhood, so it seems to me that she’s always been on the lookout for a meal ticket.
With this story in my head, I was not at all surprised to see JM jump at the chance to move into West London and live the high life, and to not consider the implications for her child!

I have no more ‘history’ of JM, unfortunately, but that story alone left me with a fascination of why she was so manipulative. I was quite excited to see her get some fame, as I did think somewhere down the line, they’d be some notoriety…
Thanks for the info frau, this does not surprise me at all. I can only imagine how toxic she was in the lesbian community back then. Please be careful in case she could identify you - she is a vindictive cow.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
View attachment 1705571
I’m sure it’s been discussed before but newspaper sanitary towels? About as real as Toothpaste For Dinner Man. Talk about a recipe for a chaffed chuff.

Honestly, she’s just exhausting.
I've never done any of those things, but I have been very poor at times.
I've dissolved the stockcube in water and pretended it's soup.
Formula tastes rank. And in any case it was my baby's food, which I would never have taken. I did shoplift milk once on the bottom of my buggy.
Bog roll (can be from a public toilet) is what most people do for a makedo sanitary pad, or cut up an old towel or a nappy.
I've done all these things and more, that doesn't make me an authority on poverty or a spokesman for all the 'povs' like Jack thinks she is. Everyone has different experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I will never not laugh when I remember that she was unceremoniously dumped by the OH she described as "refreshingly ordinary"
...and she managed to turn his "you need to see a doctor" parting shot into an oh-so-amusing escapade involving her offering pumble to anyone on Tinder who happened to be wearing scrubs.

Relationship status: acting like an angry 14 year old.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
What was the context of SB sitting beside her all night checking she was breathing? 🙁 Ill or drunk, do we know?

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I once (more than once to be honest) used the free newspaper to wipe my bum. Was it because I was too poor to buy toilet roll? No, it was because I was caught short and the toilet in the Arndale was out of paper.

I once nibbled on a cube of jelly to stave off hunger. Was I too poor to buy crisps or chocolate? No, I was peckish and couldn't be bothered to go and get some.

I once used coffee compliment (remember that?🤮) in a cup of tea. It was disgusting. Was it because I was too poor to buy milk, or too lazy to nip to the shop?

We can all give examples of where we did stupid or horrible things that could indicate poverty, even though that is not why we did them.

Jack could possibly have done all the things she mentions, but it's more likely she did them for similar reasons to me.
But apparently she’s never added up her shopping as she’s gone round which must be peak ‘god I’m bloody skint’ territory.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think it says a lot about her that she’s had these two high profile relationships with extremely well off women and both times has failed to seal the deal (hello maintenance!) because she is just. so. awful. They must like her initially for some reason! (Don’t think of whisks don’t think of whisks…dammit)

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
What was the context of SB sitting beside her all night checking she was breathing? 🙁 Ill or drunk, do we know?
She used that "anecdote" to garner sympathy for her alcoholism. I don't believe it myself, I think she co-opted an experience as she does with most things. If it did happen, she shouldn't have shared it at all. It's not a flex to put your child through trauma.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
It’s irritating that nothing much has been said about her gushing article about her son’s father where she clearly states he’s been there right from the start and has never left her high and dry.

Then she also mentions all the network of family and cousins who’ve been around since the start as well.
It disgusts me because I always thought it was her against the world - a gritty warrior singled-handedly taking on the system.
What a load of shite.
This alone reveals the lies and the grift, why has the mainstream ignored it? Absolute pisstake. People are so, so stupid.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
44695D07-7901-4FD1-B5C8-8E332C4F66CB.jpeg

Yeah and was so heartbroken she was on Tinder looking for cock (preferably medical) and telling 570k of her nearest and dearest ~and us~ she was apparently about to marry someone else she’d never actually met barely 9 days later. Boo.
77F914D3-5224-487A-9259-9CACF743AF81.jpeg

C65BE62A-E5F3-48AE-9ADD-ABC40F9C7D23.jpeg
95ACA8B4-4EC5-4EDF-8D4C-2C82862A5706.jpeg

And…
30EB3214-7F1E-4B4A-88B7-A9BB8B9610B2.jpeg

Still, life goes on… 👒 💒 👨‍🏫
B2331623-9A86-46BF-9E88-1FE2712F9F36.jpeg
F3790ACE-F08D-48AD-AB9F-CEA361DE06BB.jpeg

Oh PS she didn’t deactivate “for a bit” either cos she was gleefully posting about OH on 17th then HE LEFT on 19th. A Sunday when a grenade was tossed in her life (I looked up the day/date combo to be FORENSIC)
6156B0BF-3886-43DB-BB31-DDA7D0EA0B47.jpeg

AB56C627-8175-4E2C-8381-22C1C7608548.jpeg
T
W
A
T
(thanks to @Marmalade Atkins for all the Twitter screenies)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.