Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have so many thoughts about so many things that I don't even know where to begin (how very Jack of me) so I will start with the most important......

One of the things I love about the fraus (menfolk I include you under this term) is when the subject of the VBI comes up and people riff on what VBI actually stands for. They are always so funny and as ridiculous as the whole proposition itself. I just wanted to say it brings a smile to my face every time.

Now duck off the lot of you x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Beer usually means ale or bitter though. I suppose to Jack all drinks are interchangeable. 😂

Holy Moly that needs a scrubadub. Or all chucking in a skip. It really is like a ‘click the hazard’ safety training picture.

And of course she wouldn’t want anyone else to benefit from Nicole Farhi on a ‘sale rail’ now would she?
Beer and ale were 2 different drinks historically. I believe it's now just a difference in yeast fermentation

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I cannot imagine making a stew with value lager, it must taste absolutely disgusting

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
This is quite interesting

Big David Brent "Brent mused... Brent quipped..." energy
There's also a pass-agg note on the kitchen door "slop creation in progress, please knock xx"

View attachment 1656671

She also has this poster "your children are not your possessions", memo to self? She certainly doesn't act like it

View attachment 1656677

I can't find the DO NOT TOUCH pen pot right now, for shame
That hob is absolutely filthy. I see also all the pink kitchen accessories used to be blue. Spendy spend.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Sorry dear Fraus, can’t screenshot right now, but loving the parody cooks latest tweet. Looking forwards to buying my copy of the book!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think people who are struggling deserve better. It makes me sad that her recipes are marketed at them. I keep saying this.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I'm less concerned about her drinking pre 2012 than I am about the proof in her own words that she was drinking during The Poverty despite her assurances to the contrary.
She could be completely making this up, but as a reminder, this is what she claimed was her dating profile (that allegedly her friends wrote but sounding exactly like her). This was in Jan 2013, so slap bang in the middle of the TWO YEARS poverty. Not only does it mention alcohol a lot, it also heavily implies that ‘plying her with booze’ makes her more acquiescent ie ‘loses the shy awkward girlish armour’.
EF4E5B8F-AA2F-4B6F-81AB-1AD7ED07CE2C.jpeg

The whole thing has a selection of Jack’s greatest hits, contradictions and lies. See City Boy Jack’s friends looking down on her for being on benefits, compare and contrast to Leggy’s doing the same because she hadn’t gone to university, the Burberry salesperson looking down on her cos… la la la you get the drift. She also seems (very oddly) to claim/imply here that multiple men started semi-living with her at one point or another.
PS she does not look defiant and CERTAINLY does not look “gaunt” in the photo she talks about here. Manipulative fucker even back then
Not gaunt, not defiant, sort of ‘adolescent in school play hammed up sadface’ or ‘teenager pretending to be iall sad so you ask what’s wrong and tell them they can miss double maths’
750C5A15-09EE-49F8-ADD3-0A7324AC765E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
She said in one of those Daily Kitchen things, that when asked if she has to tweak her recipes, she said that she didn't and that they pretty much worked straight away... what a load of B... xs

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think people who are struggling deserve better. It makes me sad that her recipes are marketed at them. I keep saying this.
We joke about the recipes but it's abhorrent that newspapers and the blue tick parade enable her, a middle class white girl, in saying all poor people can cook with their limited resources is nutritionally devoid slop

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I cannot imagine making a stew with value lager, it must taste absolutely disgusting
Thing is, in that particular article she's adamant she never bought alcohol to drink when poor, but would use the odd can in a stew. If you were in 'extreme poverty' as she put it, you wouldn't be doing that either. Why would you spend some of your precious food budget on a 4 pack - basics range or not - when you could flavour your food in other, cheaper ways?

Reactions: 59
I have so many thoughts about so many things that I don't even know where to begin (how very Jack of me) so I will start with the most important......

One of the things I love about the fraus (menfolk I include you under this term) is when the subject of the VBI comes up and people riff on what VBI actually stands for. They are always so funny and as ridiculous as the whole proposition itself. I just wanted to say it brings a smile to my face every time.

Now duck off the lot of you x
I’ve always thought Very Bad Idea every time I see it. She couldn’t have named it better.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Thing is, in that particular article she's adamant she never bought alcohol to drink when poor, but would use the odd can in a stew. If you were in 'extreme poverty' as she put it, you wouldn't be doing that either. Why would you spend some of your precious food budget on a 4 pack - basics range or not - when you could flavour your food in other, cheaper ways?
What I also don't understand is if you're an alcoholic not in recovery then you don't have a choice whether or not you're in extreme poverty. You will do whatever you can to get alcohol and being in poverty won't make a difference to this.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Sorry if this has been suggested but ‘I tweeted and life went nuts’ for next thread title nom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Forgot to post this the other day. If and when an expose in Jack comes out (Action Fraud or an article), I wish it would hurry up. I’m looking forward to how Jack will handle it. Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.
I wish this tweet could all be a thread title.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Cold pan, cold oil, don’t sweat your onions down ever for any recipe, all spices are interchangeable and always add them at the end, herbs don’t exist or if they do just leave them out, baked beans require a 10 minute cook-off once rinsed, jam can be microwaved for 25 minutes…absolutely useless and the polar opposite of inspiring.
BiB: what in the skin grafting is this referring to?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.