Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forensic fraus/herrs: Has she said she got a 25k advance for a book at one time? If my memory serves in the same tweet or blog post/article she says that’s why she buys herself a luxury item as a treat and as insurance against the pov times coming back again.
This has been really playing on my mind because I don’t know anyone who has or is currently saving for a house who wouldn’t immediately use it as a deposit on a mortgage. We were so tight and stingy when we were saving-if it wasn’t absolutely essential to life or the kids we didn’t buy it. Neither of us bought any new clothes except the odd pack of pants or socks for a year because we rightly recognised we had plenty to last us and if anything got really necessary to replace we could. We just didn’t want to because we wanted to see our pot building. We sold everything in every crap drawer, I sold books, clothes, shoes, homewares on eBay, car boots etc and I didn’t give a bean to charidee.
The idea one of us would have said ‘look I’m gonna buy these £500 ridiculous traazers but we can always sell them again don’t worry’ is crazy to me.
Jack must’ve been planning to buy her house outright because even if she got another 25k tomorrow she’d still be refused a mortgage as she couldn’t show 3 years of self-employment profits or her salary to prove she could actually pay the mortgage. The grift is the game.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 72
Does she have a 1W microwave or something? The dear frau who microwaved a plum in the name of forensic canal research still makes me hoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I think people who are struggling deserve better. It makes me sad that her recipes are marketed at them. I keep saying this.
Well, strictly speaking they aren’t marketed at struggling folks at all. They’re marketed at privileged cosplayers and well meaning mugs who want to feel like they’re making a difference and the odd Jack-fancying neckbeard. But yes, I see what you mean and I do agree.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Forensic fraus/herrs: Has she said she got a 25k advance for a book at one time? If my memory serves in the same tweet or blog post/article she says that’s why she buys herself a luxury item as a treat and as insurance against the pov times coming back again.
This has been really playing on my mind because I don’t know anyone who has or is currently saving for a house who wouldn’t immediately use it as a deposit on a mortgage. We were so tight and stingy when we were saving-if it wasn’t absolutely essential to life or the kids we didn’t buy it. Neither of us bought any new clothes except the odd pack of pants or socks for a year because we rightly recognised we had plenty to last us and if anything got really necessary to replace we could. We just didn’t want to because we wanted to see our pot building. We sold everything in every crap drawer, I sold books, clothes, shoes, homewares on eBay, car boots etc and I didn’t give a bean to charidee.
The idea one of us would have said ‘look I’m gonna buy these £500 ridiculous traazers but we can always sell them again don’t worry’ is crazy to me.
Jack must’ve been planning to buy her house outright because even if she got another 25k tomorrow she’d still be refused a mortgage as she couldn’t show 3 years of self-employment profits or her salary to prove she could actually pay the mortgage. The grift is the game.
Babe, same x

I bought my first house in March and half my pants had holes in the crotch. Every penny went towards the deposit.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I think people who are struggling deserve better. It makes me sad that her recipes are marketed at them. I keep saying this.
I came upon her oeuvre when I was in my own poverty. £30 for a family of 5 per week. Her slop was expensive and disgusting, I am a competent cook but the amount of additional things it took to make it edible?

I went back to my Jamie Oliver and Nigel Slater, nothing fancy but recipes that worked with the substitutions my budget demanded. Almost like they'd worked on their recipes, gone through testing and tweaks... really makes you think.

Slight tangent - how incensed would Jackie be if I met the next Mr Duckypoo here instead of hinge? Imagine it, Canal wedding all in our court outfits 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Thing is, in that particular article she's adamant she never bought alcohol to drink when poor, but would use the odd can in a stew. If you were in 'extreme poverty' as she put it, you wouldn't be doing that either. Why would you spend some of your precious food budget on a 4 pack - basics range or not - when you could flavour your food in other, cheaper ways?
Especially if cooking for a toddler, if you had a spare £1 to spend on a value beer you’d buy some sweets or ketchup or biscuits - toddlers aren’t big beef and ale fans

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Won’t she have to start again if she wants proof of income for a mortgage? She’s just dissolved a company, so will be a sole trader, and I couldn’t see her getting a mortgage based on that.

If only she’d just let that broker massage her bunions, she’d be in her forever home by now.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Babe, same x

I bought my first house in March and half my pants had holes in the crotch. Every penny went towards the deposit.
Dear Geet, never would I have had you down as someone who had pants like a mechanics cloth.
I hope the house was/is worth it! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Dear Geet, never would I have had you down as someone who had pants like a mechanics cloth.
I hope the house was/is worth it! 😂
Ive treated myself to a whole new set now tender one x

I won't post photos like the old days with the socks, as I may be banned x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I wonder if there's a transcript of the so-called character assassination in court. I'm wondering if it was just a load of truths, possibly in her own words read back to her, à la Molly. Both the judge and this journalist seemed to have the measure of her.
Judgments and civil law transcripts are publicly available so it should be accessible. Here’s the judgment itself.

Here’s info I found on how to get transcripts.
If it’s in the National Archives it will be free, otherwise applying to the court itself will have a cost. I haven’t read the judgment or looked at this properly yet to see if it’s in the archives as I am BUSY with a meeting starting soon but when I catch up later if no-one’s had chance to look, I’ll have a proper look. If someone does look, you can find the case number and the court name on the judgement. That will help you look for it in the National Archives search page

Note my background isn’t UK law 🔺so UK legal fraus please correct any and all of this info if inaccurate. I do remember a legal education frau a bit back saying their students were studying the case so they may have info too. Be warned, that transcript will be L-O-N-G!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
@Valiofthedolls you forensic genius! I'm BUSY on holiday so can't give this discovery the attention it deserves but will get stuck in once I'm home, unless another frau beats me to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't know why but that skinny ponytail wrapped round her forehead makes me irrationally angry :sick: :unsure::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️
That’s hair? I’ve seen those pics before but I always thought she was wearing one of those twee little flowery headbands that were all the rage with girls at festivals a few years ago. Where does it start? Where does it end? Is it her fringe? So many questions but mostly why?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
That ratty ponytail looks like something I pulled from my dog's arse after he's been in the bins

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I think a lot of the court case is available via LexisNexis, if you have an academic login. I'll have a rummage when I'm back at work

Reactions: 29
Yep, she sure did! She got that for her very first book, widely reported, she’s never corrected it. In fact, she blames it for her almost getting evicted.
E56C5A2B-1D7E-411B-958C-546F5E2DB47A.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.