Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is super interesting, thanks, and shows just how frequently she’s completely disregarding the principle of anonymity. She’s posted pictures from restaurants she’s named and said she’s been with fellowship groups at them, which means that anyone in that restaurant at the same time might have seen someone they know, thus outing that person. Her ridiculous tit about biscuits prompted multiple potentially vulnerable group members to out themselves to her 500k+ followers just for a nod from her.

“Is this about the message or the messenger” particularly interesting. Jack’s tweets contain nothing about the reality of AA, just mythologising about her own legendary bravery and resilience. If she’s read this leaflet and genuinely considers she’s done nothing wrong there are quite serious issues with her reading comprehension. Thick narc.
Are you serious? When did this happen? Please don’t link to the original post btw.

Reactions: 21
I meant more that if she doesn't reply, they'll veto it entirely
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. It would depend on the media outlet, but most would go ahead without a response if they had enough reliable receipts to back up what they are saying.

Awfully Molly may not be a professional journalist, but IMO she has done exactly what should be done in this kind of work. Lay out the evidence, make it clear that your DMs (or email address, phone number, etc) are open if the subject wants to contact you, and say that you will be happy to correct any mistakes or misinterpretations. To me it says volumes that AM's Medium post has been online for more than a month, and if it's as flawed or meeaaann as Jack and her minions claim, no one has provided any substantive evidence to contradict or disprove what AM has presented.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Save money by boiling soap to make shower gel and bubble bath to refill your £89.95 + £34.95 simplehuman dispensers

View attachment 1655935

HONK HONK 🤡
I’m imagining the Southampton is to throw us 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I messaged her a while back with this pamphlet from AA https://www.aa.org/understanding-anonymity
This is when she was posting about bringing biscuits to her meetings and how much everyone’s loves her there - I got a reply from her saying she wasn’t doing anything wrong 🤷‍♀️ So unfollowed her and been trying to ignore everything she’s been doing but see she’s still using her sobriety for content. I can’t imagine her at meetings she’d drive me mad
Wow. Sorry no, not wow. I wondered at the time if any real 12 steppers would get in touch with her to say errrrrm please stop!
I’m not at all surprised she responded to you that way-she’s so ignorant and tone deaf. I hope her whole AA thing is a lie because the thought of real people having to listen to her is depressing in the extreme. I know from watching family members not go to AA when they really should have, just how amazing and what an achievement even going to an AA meeting is. She demeans everything she touches.
Wishing you strength and love on your AA journey. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Which incident?
When she was talking about taking biscuits (and I think earlier, chips) to meetings and sharing them with everyone there and they all clapped said they were great and some people replied to the tweet, possibly outing themselves, to say thank you and see you next time. Felt very grubby to observe in the same way that encouraging people to put their MH diagnoses in their twitter bio might have real life unforeseen consequences for her 'readers'.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Drill through your landlord's tiles no less
🔺If any fraus from my old job are here they will know me from this game. 😆
John Lewis Bingo
In a particular type of house (Jack’s) you will find the following:
SimpleHuman/Brabantia bin
SimpleHuman loo brush (flat, made of silicone, pretty cool, prob get a Wilko version for £8)
Emma Bridgewater toaster and kettle, labelled such.
Large sideboards/drawers in chalky paint finish.
Brass lamps/candlesticks
There will be a cushion with either a) a hare b) a deer on.
Shark vac
Kitchen Aid
Very nice knives
Jo Malone candle (unlit for many years)
Molton Brown hand soap and moisturiser duo on a nice little tray. Used mostly by the cleaners.
Many storage jars, baskets and gaily coloured cooking implements-mostly silicone.
😆🤣😂
There are other items and more will have been added in the years since I did this job as fashions change etc. I feel like her place would be a clean sweep. I know she’s got a Liz Earle set in that bathroom. 😂
ETA @That Forensic Man I don’t know why you’re quoted. Just my ninnying. 😂
ETA#2 The bin liners for the SH bin are like £8 a roll. 💰 🔥

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
When she was talking about taking biscuits (and I think earlier, chips) to meetings and sharing them with everyone there and they all clapped said they were great and some people replied to the tweet, possibly outing themselves, to say thank you and see you next time. Felt very grubby to observe in the same way that encouraging people to put their MH diagnoses in their twitter bio might have real life unforeseen consequences for her 'readers'.
This was July 2022.

I tried to scroll through her mountains of selfies to find the “my friends are just out of shot” restaurant outing but couldn’t find it, dunno when it was. I think pre-Harold.

ETA: cannot actually believe how many selfies she takes at her big age. A friend of mine is same age and takes thousands and is pretty consumed by a personality disorder. She’s a great person and she does the work but the selfies thing is bleeping tedious. Imagine hanging out with Jack, who does not do the work, as she eyefucks herself through her front-facing camera. Horrifying.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
She just makes AA sound so cliquey like it’s all a bring your own dish and get invited to pool parties and make best friends forever. One of the reasons I started drinking was to try fit into a place I didn’t fit into so I’d never have gone to AA if I’d seen her comments on it before, I’d be worried Its a hobby group the way she talks about it and that’s not what I needed when I couldn’t even get off the sofa to buy vodka and was getting it delivered instead. I believe she’s putting people off going if they think it’s going to be like that - which it’s not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 94
I’m more concerned about breaking the anonymity of other Fellowship members by posting pics of them in restaurants to her 500+K followers - post meetings, I presume. Did this ACTUALLY happen?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
This is super interesting, thanks, and shows just how frequently she’s completely disregarding the principle of anonymity. She’s posted pictures from restaurants she’s named and said she’s been with fellowship groups at them, which means that anyone in that restaurant at the same time might have seen someone they know, thus outing that person. Her ridiculous tit about biscuits prompted multiple potentially vulnerable group members to out themselves to her 500k+ followers just for a nod from her.

“Is this about the message or the messenger” particularly interesting. Jack’s tweets contain nothing about the reality of AA, just mythologising about her own legendary bravery and resilience. If she’s read this leaflet and genuinely considers she’s done nothing wrong there are quite serious issues with her reading comprehension. Thick narc.
Oh god that awful me-rail text she sent to “a member” who was struggling, then immediately screenshot it and tweeted it

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I wonder if the reason she never mentions her paid gigs etc is that she worries people will google it and find us instead

• Haha
Reactions: 35
And all of that doesn't even take into account the thousands she lavishes on SB...oh hang on. He has an empty room apart from some IKEA stuff/no room at all depending on which dimension of the Jackiverse we're currently in.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
She just makes AA sound so cliquey like it’s all a bring your own dish and get invited to pool parties and make best friends forever. One of the reasons I started drinking was to try fit into a place I didn’t fit into so I’d never have gone to AA if I’d seen her comments on it before, I’d be worried Its a hobby group the way she talks about it and that’s not what I needed when I couldn’t even get off the sofa to buy vodka and was getting it delivered instead. I believe she’s putting people off going if they think it’s going to be like that - which it’s not.
I'm not an AA person but I think this comment is spot on. She makes it sound both cosy and cliquey. I imagine for a lot of people it can be a place of quiet sadness and desparation. Not some lovely club where you sit around eating chips and seeing one member as the 'mum' of the group.
It could either put people off going, or possibly be a disappointment that it isn't like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Looks like a service station bog to me. No taste whatsoever.
Grayson Perry’s theory is that the middle class struggle with taste because of their anxiety about having the ‘right’ thing, which neither the upper nor the working classes share. The upper classes are quite happy to wear the same Barbour waxed and re-waxed jacket for 35+ years and drive a crapped out old Volvo even if they’re loaded. The working classes are more confident in their choices and personal tastes so even if you don’t share them-that person is 100% happy with their glittery B&M kitchen and they’re proud the whole thing cost £100-that tit is going straight on FB with no ‘be gentle with me I did a thing’ type crap either.
Everything about her is so predictable. Even reading through that make-up list earlier and it’s like ‘of course your lipstick is Mac. Of course it is.’

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.