Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does she mean by ‘Keep coming back’? I don’t understand (I’m a bunch of Potatoes, after all...). Thank(space)you x
I took it to mean that she keeps coming back, as in to twitter after she's had a sulk and a flounce. She'll put this down to her determination and resilience when in fact, her ego just won't let her starve herself of attention for long.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I'm semi-serious in asking this. Any fraus familiar enough with 12-step programs to comment on whether public declarations of resolve are important? My understanding is that friends/family are supposed to know that you're participating in a program so that they can be supportive, and that the participant has to make commitments to the principles and the program. But I thought that humility is also part of the work, and proclaiming on social media that you'll never be brought down doesn't seem to fit with that.

Also, today's JM tweet makes me even more suspicious than I was yesterday that something big is about to break, and it won't be good for her.

Reactions: 52
I'm semi-serious in asking this. Any fraus familiar enough with 12-step programs to comment on whether public declarations of resolve are important? My understanding is that friends/family are supposed to know that you're participating in a program so that they can be supportive, and that the participant has to make commitments to the principles and the program. But I thought that humility is also part of the work, and proclaiming on social media that you'll never be brought down doesn't seem to fit with that.

Also, today's JM tweet makes me even more suspicious than I was yesterday that something big is about to break, and it won't be good for her.

If it’s an article to run in the papers they’ll contact her for a quote won’t they, so she’ll know first. I’d expect her to go quiet at the point though?

Reactions: 24

I am not in the fellowship but from what the frauen here have kindly shared, the anonymity part is fairly high up on the list of importance, as is not making yourself a mouthpiece for AA and also, the humility.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
My word, I popped to the Stephen bear thread and I've come back to this nice place and won't be wandering again!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My word, I popped to the Stephen bear thread and I've come back to this nice place and won't be wandering again!
If you fancy a wholesome laugh, head over to Cleaning with Mario. It’s hilarious!

His relationship with cleaning is similar to Jack’s relationship with cooking. If you wait a couple of days he will have his Christmas decos up, that‘s always a laugh…if you know you know. Spine bright ma lovalies!

Edited to add; he has cooked a couple of bowls of tomato soup today with the equivalent of 36 garlic gloves and 3 stock cubes today!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
This latest tweet is so typically Jack.

Anyone else celebrating the positivity of having been sober for X amount of days would have just said "Day 475 continuously sober, one day at a time.". Not Jack though, she then had to go into her Bravefart routine to tell the world how it has been so much harder for her because blah blah blah. She's such a needy little knob-end.

No further mention of the 'worst 24 hours' of her life then? It's almost as if she made it up for her fawning acolytes.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
They won't contact her for a quote if she's gone quiet. She has a billionty emails in her inbox right?
IME if she can't be reached, or just responds with "no comment ", then the writer would contact her agent. Usually with a message along the lines of, we would like to give you a chance to respond to our findings, so can you discuss this with your client or provide a response yourself.

Even if they come back with the standard "we deny all this and are seeking legal counsel", at least they've been given the opportunity to tell their side of the story.

Reactions: 29
If she's allowing herself to be photographed with her nose like that ( as in obvs signs of ❄ ) she is in complete and utter denial. She really is divorced from reality. As a 12 step frau she's not working the steps, not whilst she's (allegedly) using. She just acts out on feelings without thinking. She's not taking personal responsibility. Her 12 step work is performative.

Reactions: 40
@here we go again *If* the subject of an expose like that ever filed a lawsuit that went anywhere, it would be important for the reporter and their employer to be able to show they gave the subject the chance to reply. Even if the reporter was pretty sure all they would get is one line saying "we deny everything".

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.