Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not seen Daniel Blake. But did his well off parents live around the corner and he just refused to ask them for help?
Yeah that’s right. He had to sell off his Wedgewood and Omega Seamaster watch too. Really tragic storytelling by Ken Loach there.

Based on everything I've read that has been posted here, there's no waaaaay this grift/scheme isn't bigger than we think.

If the lying is smoke, there's one hell of a fire somewhere.
I agree with you I think everything might be a lot bigger than we think.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I’ve not seen Daniel Blake. But did his well off parents live around the corner and he just refused to ask them for help?
Quite. And not even horrible parents, but well-off loving, 'saintly' and beyond reproach parents now.
Yet only ten years ago they were either a) unapproachable b) unobservant or c) uncaring.

Reactions: 52
Tbf I’d pay £4 to get it marked by a GCSE art teacher
It's... not very good. The one the other day of a girl in a chair, where the long hair shows between the wood, and just doesn't line up. I would expect it to have been done by a 12-year-old max.

Reactions: 13
Haha, love it!

Though this is the thing that's always irked at me, why didn't she just ask her parents for help? I know she has written before that she didn't want to "admit" to being in poverty - but no, that has never rung true for me. Her parents come across as being really good people, even what I have read about them that has nothing to do with Mel. I do not think they would have let her and her son live in poverty. Even if there was a brief period, she has never been out of touch with them for a long enough period that she would have gone into the poverty she described. When I hit the skids my dad came and got me and brought me right back into the fold. It's thanks to him I am the person I am now, reigniting my life and career. And my dad isn't rich, he's just human.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Haha, love it!

Though this is the thing that's always irked at me, why didn't she just ask her parents for help? I know she has written before that she didn't want to "admit" to being in poverty - but no, that has never rung true for me. Her parents come across as being really good people, even what I have read about them that has nothing to do with Mel. I do not think they would have let her and her son live in poverty. Even if there was a brief period, she has never been out of touch with them for a long enough period that she would have gone into the poverty she described. When I hit the skids my dad came and got me and brought me right back into the fold. It's thanks to him I am the person I am now, reigniting my life and career. And my dad isn't rich, he's just human.
I found this earlier. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jack-monroe-wolf-wall-street-3197005.amp

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh no. And the person who drew it paints with her mouth. I feel rotten now. Sorry.
Well, ok, I see that... But I don’t feel a buyer should be guilted into a purchase of something not great just because of who drew it. Plus it's sort of patronising in a way? There is a very long-standing organisation with paintings by people who use their feet or mouths, and they're good paintings.
As for the girl in the chair, is that Jack's work then? I thought it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
20221009_161234.jpg

These hands just completed 3 hours of freestyle (no gloves, I am weird) gardening, including weed pulling, repotting, bulb planting etc. These are my nails after the first session with a nail brush, session #2 happening shortly before I touch any food. Dirty nails anywhere near food give me the ick. Making a pedantic JM related point, soz.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Well, ok, I see that... But I don’t feel a buyer should be guilted into a purchase of something not great just because of who drew it. Plus it's sort of patronising in a way? There is a very long-standing organisation with paintings by people who use their feet or mouths, and they're good paintings.
I couldn't paint a thing with my mouth though, let alone a convincing tin of potatoes, so "good paintings" is subjective.

Reactions: 32
View attachment 1637808
These hands just completed 3 hours of freestyle (no gloves, I am weird) gardening, including weed pulling, repotting, bulb planting etc. These are my nails after the first session with a nail brush, session #2 happening shortly before I touch any food. Dirty nails anywhere near food give me the ick. Making a pedantic JM related point, soz.
That ring though ♡ ❤ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 47
As for the girl in the chair, is that Jack's work then? I thought it was.
I still think it’s tit but now I know why I feel bad for laughing at it. (I had a look on the shop and some of her other stuff is actually excellent!)

Reactions: 23
It’s a strange thing, about her parents. It was a while ago but they were happy for Jack to endorse the radio play with June Whitfield. Her grandma was photographed with them. I think she’s been enabled and its clear to me. She wouldn’t have got away with everything without their implicit acceptance.
I know that SB is in the mix but her lies were just that. Lies to get money. SB was always looked after and then Jack could grift away.
They mustn’t have any concept of shame. On both sides.

Reactions: 47
I’m not going to cause a potato chaos of my own here… but I just wanted to say all afternoon I have been painstakingly, softly gently slaving over a hot stove, giving them a rough up, preheating my oil, seasoning them interchangeably with salt and pepper… coaxing them, coaching them. All for the benefit of tattle. My dear family usually get Aldi’s finest cheapest.

I’ll add photographic evidence to food and drink when I find them satisfactory in about 10 minutes 🥔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I know I’m really slow off the mark, but she uses her own PayPal for everything doesn’t she? Legal fees? - PayPal. Book donation? - PayPal. Presenter training? - PayPal. Tip jar? - PayPal.

There’s just no way she can differentiate what’s donated for what purpose is there? It just all goes to Jack.

Reactions: 70
One of those articles:

View attachment 1637712

(New frauen, listen to the audio IF YOU DARE)
I know nothing about film making, but the film was released in 2016...wouldn't it take a year or two to write, commission then make said movie? Really makes you think 🤔

Reactions: 36
If that is correct, then even by Jack’s standards, my mind is (not)LITERALLY BLOWN that in 2022 she is still grifting cash for a charity that ceased operating in 2016.

Bet she claims nobody’s bought one since 2016.
I doubt many/any people buy from that online shop these days. I only found it from her FB page. I did wonder if the 'Potatoes' drawing was hers or someone elses as she was asking people to send her their art so she could sell it in the shop. Didn't realise it was someone painting with their mouth so I guess that explains it a bit more.

The site is 'live' in the sense that it still allows you to add items to your basket. I didn't go as far as actually trying to check out!

Today has been quite enlightening. I had no idea Jack's life story was proposed to be made into a Hollywood blockbuster. I also didn't realise that Viv (RIP) wanted her as a muse. Cringing my intestine out re: "punk-mama"

Interesting comment (highlighted) considering the lack of transparency/missing books from the Kickstarter campaign. I wonder how many frilly 3 button blouses oor Jack now has in her wardrobe.

1665331917046.png

1665332063076.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
Oh no. And the person who drew it paints with her mouth. I feel rotten now. Sorry.
They still could do with learning perspective, mouth-painting or not.

I doubt many/any people buy from that online shop these days. I only found it from her FB page. I did wonder if the 'Potatoes' drawing was hers or someone elses as she was asking people to send her their art so she could sell it in the shop. Didn't realise it was someone painting with their mouth so I guess that explains it a bit more.

The site is 'live' in the sense that it still allows you to add items to your basket. I didn't go as far as actually trying to check out!

Today has been quite enlightening. I had no idea Jack's life story was proposed to be made into a Hollywood blockbuster. I also didn't realise that Viv (RIP) wanted her as a muse. Cringing my intestine out re: "punk-mama"

Interesting comment (highlighted) considering the lack of transparency/missing books from the Kickstarter campaign. I wonder how many frilly 3 button blouses oor Jack now has in her wardrobe.

View attachment 1637878

View attachment 1637885
Are they these? I thought they looked dire, personally.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Haha, love it!

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say, but need to point out that her name is Jack, not Mel.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Sorry to quote again. But the Potatoes drawing is not Jack's work.
Agree with you there. For me it’s far too fluid and fast to be hers-the line is too strong and confident. It has a print-like quality the other images don’t share. Her work has a sketchy yr 10 quality to it-even the stuff I think she’s done herself I feel like she’s used a tracing technique from a photo to achieve.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.