Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of charity fundraising, I discovered something quite interesting the other day looking at her old blog and while piling it together to post here, have just this morning uncovered some MINDBLOWING (to me, apols if this is already widely known) stuff. Like, my mouth hanging open stuff. I am Aghast, flabbergasted and just WOW!

Archiving folk, one of you get ready to archive the heck out of anything here not archived before she catches up and deletes the evidence!

Spoiler cos as always when amassing evidence, it’s long! Apols for any typos
Recall that in 2013 she was in dire straits of “prostitution and stealing food to survive” etc.
View attachment 1637722

Seems odd to me that someone in such abject dire straits would seek to be sponsored to ‘live below the (poverty) line’ on £5 for five days’ food for a charity campaign that April while merrily posting about it.
View attachment 1637806
View attachment 1637783
Let’s see what else she had going on at this time…
View attachment 1637798
View attachment 1637796

Oh, and in March of that same year, despite being in such desperate circumstances herself that she’s resorting to prostitution and stealing food to survive, she selflessly spends a night on the streets, again being sponsored.
View attachment 1637807

🚨MINDBLOWING KLAXON ALERT 🚨

Oh, and that manipulative pic of the sad glass of water and toast she included in Potatoes as evidence she was so very, very poor and desperate in 2013?
View attachment 1637857That was actually part of the Live Below the (poverty) Line challenge where she was being sponsored to spend 5 days on less than £5. Check it out, suckas!

You might spot a few other things from potatoes that look familiar but that were actually part of that ‘live on a fiver for five days’ challenge.

Like this for example
View attachment 1637862

Oh, and she has such a lark the first time that she did that challenge again just for fun (and sponsorships) starting on May 19 of that year. Despite being in the dire straits of stealing food, prostitution and suicidal. Selfless, I tell you.

Potatoes again, so that the rest of you can play ‘Snap’ on the food pics too. It’s more than just those two.

Swears:bleeping MANIPULATIVE LYING CHARLATAN bleep

Finally, and less mindblowing cos we all knew this was bollox, but no fridge for “TWO YEARS” but sausages as part of the challenge above and this 2013 pic of her shopping. Looks to me like some other stuff there that needs refrigerating too…
View attachment 1637884
Yes, certainly fridge stuff there, unless she guzzles the yoghurt in a oner. :D

At least she didn't lay out the fruit and veg individually in this one. The bananas really annoyed me. She missed a trick by not laying out all the bread slices separately.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Everything is retconned isn't it? All to be reused in the hope that people have short memories.

She's got form for claiming she doesn't have white goods then we see pictures of said goods.

Absolute bleeping maniac.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Speaking of charity fundraising, I discovered something quite interesting the other day looking at her old blog and while piling it together to post here, have just this morning uncovered some MINDBLOWING (to me, apols if this is already widely known) stuff. Like, my mouth hanging open stuff. I am Aghast, flabbergasted and just WOW!

Archiving folk, one of you get ready to archive the heck out of anything here not archived before she catches up and deletes the evidence!

Recall that in 2013 she was in dire straits of “prostitution and stealing food to survive” etc.
View attachment 1637722

Seems odd to me that someone in such abject dire straits would seek to be sponsored to ‘live below the (poverty) line’ on £5 for five days’ food for a charity campaign that April while merrily posting about it.
View attachment 1637806
View attachment 1637783
View attachment 1637798
View attachment 1637796

Oh, and in March of that same year, despite being in such desperate circumstances herself that she’s resorting to prostitution and stealing food to survive, she selflessly spends a night on the streets, again being sponsored.
View attachment 1637807

Oh, and that manipulative pic of the sad glass of water and toast she included in Potatoes as evidence she was so very, very poor and desperate in 2013?
View attachment 1637857That was actually part of the Live Below the (poverty) Line challenge where she was being sponsored to spend 5 days on less than £5. Check it out, suckas!

You might spot a few other things from potatoes that look familiar but that were actually part of that ‘live on a fiver for five days’ challenge.

Like this for example
View attachment 1637862

Oh, and she has such a lark the first time that she did that challenge again just for fun (and sponsorships) starting on May 19 of that year. Despite being in the dire straits of stealing food, prostitution and suicidal. Selfless, I tell you.

Potatoes again, so that the rest of you can play ‘Snap’ on the food pics too. It’s more than just those two.

Finally, and less mindblowing cos we all knew this was bollox, but no fridge for “TWO YEARS” but sausages as part of the challenge above and this 2013 pic of her shopping. Looks to me like some other stuff there that needs refrigerating too…
View attachment 1637884
Surely £5 for five days wouldn't be that much of a challenge for someone who claimed to only spend £10 a week to feed her and her child? I know that SB was actually small then, but still.

Reactions: 45
Sh1thouse potaoes, meet sh1thouse onion.

I see the buy a full price book and I'll donate it to a homeless shelter racket is still live. Of course as ever, no evidence or updates have been provided.

View attachment 1637622
Old news but wouldn't a "budget-busting recipe" be one that busts your budget? As in ruins it? Like going over budget???

• Haha
Reactions: 53

View attachment 1637722

View attachment 1637806
View attachment 1637783
View attachment 1637798
View attachment 1637796

View attachment 1637807

Like this for example
View attachment 1637862

View attachment 1637884
I think the toast and water one has come up before, I don't remember the others being spotted though 🤔. So disingenuous, to say the least. Big fat fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I doubt many/any people buy from that online shop these days. I only found it from her FB page. I did wonder if the 'Potatoes' drawing was hers or someone elses as she was asking people to send her their art so she could sell it in the shop. Didn't realise it was someone painting with their mouth so I guess that explains it a bit more.

The site is 'live' in the sense that it still allows you to add items to your basket. I didn't go as far as actually trying to check out!

Today has been quite enlightening. I had no idea Jack's life story was proposed to be made into a Hollywood blockbuster. I also didn't realise that Viv (RIP) wanted her as a muse. Cringing my intestine out re: "punk-mama"

Interesting comment (highlighted) considering the lack of transparency/missing books from the Kickstarter campaign. I wonder how many frilly 3 button blouses oor Jack now has in her wardrobe.

View attachment 1637878

View attachment 1637885
admittance of the grift?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I realise this is going to sound a bit batshit and tin foil hat wearer...but how has she been able to get away with this for so long? Is someone protecting her? You know all this Essex Celebrity Squad bullshit she spouts? The haughty attitude of untouchableness (is that a word?!). Am I overtired and need a nap? Makes you think.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I'm 99% certain that that's a fridge - the handle position shows that the door swings open horizontally, rather than vertically like a dishwasher.
I think fridge and really if it’s a dishwasher you may as well turn the fridge back on and use your dishwasher tablet money to pay for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think fridge and really if it’s a dishwasher you may as well turn the fridge back on and use your dishwasher tablet money to pay for it.
Yeah I don’t really think it’s a dishwasher, I was just being facetious about how much of a disingenuous twit in a mirror tiled far from squalid-looking RENTED kitchen she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
but how has she been able to get away with this for so long? Is someone protecting her?
I seriously think so.
Connections through her exes, agent, publisher.

Anyone pulling the tit she did around Grenfell should have been 'Cancelled' quick smart, but she wasn't.

Reactions: 42
Repeating myself like a raving ninny but how does she think EVERY OTHER PARENT copes? I’ve had so many jobs where I’ve had to negotiate the start time to account for the nursery/school run! Nursery opens at 8 ffs.
Mine opened at 7.30am. I imagine if SB was all over the place when she was on shifts she had the support then. Did it all disappear.
My childminder also did nights for a single mother nurse she had the child for so that she could work.

I imagine there was a row when she got pregnant. Not because she was a single parent but because of her general behaviour. I imagine her brother was unhappy because he was worried about the impact on his disabled mother. It’s looks to me she didn’t ask for help because she wanted to prove them wrong and didn’t get the financial help she was entitled to because of her low opinion of benefits.

Reactions: 41
Screenshot_20221009-191711_Google.jpg
I've been a googling:
Paul Laverty wrote it. He's not known for being a fast writer, he is known for researching and diving deep into the subject.
From what I've read, I dlDaniel Blake, started forming around the time of the coalition Government:
Laverty Quote: "We were also very aware of the decisions made by the new Coalition Government" (coalition 2010-2015)
They travelled all over the place, even to Loaches home town of Nuneaton. They spoke with foodbank workers and DWP staff and homeless people.
In not one interview or article with Laverty have I found any mention of Monroe.

And, fwiw... There's a scene in the film that Laverty wrote where Daniel is given a cup of water from a water cooler, they removed water coolers from all Job Centres in 2010 due to spending cuts..

So all told, I reckon, Laverty started to write the movie around 2010, went with Loach to Nuneaton around then. Then they tried to find funding, they sent it to Channel 4 who refused to fund them because, according to Channel 4, they were already making Benefit Street which aired in 2014, filmed in 2013.

Make of that what you will.
Thank you, dear heart, it's exhausting unpacking Jack's lies but it all shows how utterly unhinged she is. Can you do a similar deep dive into the making of this, as I believe it to be the basis of 'more jam, mummapapa'?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
View attachment 1637966

I know other fraus discovered this long before me, but I swear, that early blog is a bleeping goldmine.
Quoting myself like a nob because even though I’m just angry and horrified at her this morning, I thought I’d add a little levity. This opening sentence of her NYE 2012 blog post has me howling (recall also she’s still sitting in the cold with no heating and in the gloom of half-lightbulbs gone)

32F62622-3147-4396-AC44-845DFE6576FB.jpeg

All it succeeds in doing is me picturing her as Anne Eliot’s poor friend Mrs Smith in Persuasion who had to take in needlework to make ends meet. 🦉 🍾 😂

For those unfamiliar
89D0BCD1-165B-4A90-995E-023D18EA8898.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I seriously think so.
Connections through her exes, agent, publisher.

Anyone pulling the tit she did around Grenfell should have been 'Cancelled' quick smart, but she wasn't.
I think a lot of people just haven’t been paying attention either? Outside of Twitter & Tattle she’s not really anybody, a talking head slop slinger who appears to talk about rinsing beans and poverty and then disappears again. It’s only since the VBI debacle that she’s become a bit more mainstream and people have started to notice the lies, plot holes and grifting, prior to that she was just the acceptable face of poors nobody looked into too deeply. Plus, the media who have supported her for the last 10 years aren’t likely to want to admit their failings (looking at you, The Guardian!).

In other musings, the living in poverty without her family noticing or caring is total bull tit. I live round the corner from my parents 🔺 and if either me or my toddler were starving, wearing ill-fitting clothes, not working or our house was always cold, they would notice. I can’t come round to their house without being fed lunch, dinner, snacks and my mums always picking up bits & bobs for my son & the baby we’re currently awaiting, and we don’t live in poverty, both me & my OH work full time and don’t want for much. So they either wilfully ignored hers and her child’s suffering, or she’s lying and they’re facilitating her lies.
I know I’m lucky and my life is not representative of everyone’s, but I am willing to bet my upbringing & family situation is very similar to Jack’s. Except my dad has never had to wear humiliating trousers to work, only recreationally if he wishes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
I realise this is going to sound a bit batshit and tin foil hat wearer...but how has she been able to get away with this for so long? Is someone protecting her? You know all this Essex Celebrity Squad bullshit she spouts? The haughty attitude of untouchableness (is that a word?!). Am I overtired and need a nap? Makes you think.
People have been treating her as a pet, I think.

It fits in with the whole "acceptable face of poverty" thing that many fraus have spoken about. The "her heart's in the right place even if she's a bit disorganised" cover has worked brilliantly for a very long time.

Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.